KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Debate 1: Who do you want Harry to get with?

Who do you want Harry to get with?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Luna 13 12.87%
Hermione 41 40.59%
Ginny 18 17.82%
Cho 8 7.92%
Other (please specify) 21 20.79%
Total: 101 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Debate 1: Who do you want Harry to get with?
Started by: RoguePw25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KKdave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RoguePw25
I think that's what she meant as well. But for some reason, I've always pictured Ron with Luna. I dunno. It just seems like there characteristics would balance each other's out.

I still stand on the Hermione and Harry being the best girl for Harry. Even from the very beginning, in the first book, Hermione seemed to take notice in Harry. I hate Cho Change for many reasons, so she's out. Luna? Perhaps, but I see her more with Ron than anything. If Harry were with Ginny, that would be interesting to see! But out of all the options, Hermione has the best chemistry (and chance) with Harry.

I agree!! Harry and Hermione are perfect for eachother. And I think Ron needs someone like Luna in his life. Plus Luna totally has a crush on him, she's like following hm around in OOTP and singing 'weasly is our king'. They'd be so cute.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 03:18 AM
KKdave is currently offline Click here to Send KKdave a Private Message Find more posts by KKdave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Originally posted by Phoenix
that would also be acceptable for me! big grin

*simultaneously waves 'Harry for Luna' and 'Harry for Draco' flags*
i want one flag too eek!

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 08:43 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Mione is the best among the rest lol

Harry needs someone that he wants, not who will be best suited for him. Alright yes I admit it - it would be
great for JKR to do the relationship from the POV of what Harry wants rather than needs. BUT - doesn't that
still take us to Hermione?
What does Harry want most? Isn't it someone who will really be there for him unconditionally? No matter what
he is to the public eye, no matter how his temper may flare(a point about that after this...), no matter how
absurd something he says or thinks may be, that person has to be there for him - unconditionally. Hermione is
the only girl who can fulfil this role right now. Even when angry, Harry realises when she has a point. He has
acknowledged to himself how loyal she is to him. He has been able to talk to her in a way that he's only been
able to with Sirius - he once told her about seeing his dead father in POA. He knew he could tell her, he hasn't
done this with anyone else. Yes, Hermione is who Harry needs - but she is also the kind of girl Harry wants!
Harry's flaring temper...someone raised a point about Harry's temper in OOTP and how it seemed difficult for
Hermione to deal with him. What this person failed to put into perspective is what Harry was going through. He
was being isolated from the world around him. He felt alone, he felt betrayed. Still, Hermione stuck with him
through it! She understood what he was going through, and she never gave up on him. Isn't this very
important for a relationship?
After all that has happened in OOTP, Harry is going to need someone there for him all the time. Someone
whose life is well, Harry. This person is Hermione. Hermione would do any and everything for him. Even
through some nagging, she has always been there for him and always will be. Will it make sense for when
Harry realises who is right for him, it be Ginny who is well - Ron's sister...not much else...or Hermione, who is
always there for him, has never given up on him and who it seems even already likes him that way? Not only is
the one big happy Weasley family deal way too convenient an ending, but it is also going to be very hard to
believe, because even after her bigger role in OOTP, Ginny is going to have to become more important to Harry
than Hermione is. Ginny is going to have to become the one who is always there unconditionally for Harry, she
is going to have to become the one who will do any and everything for him, she is going to have to become the
one who he can turn to for advice and just talking to. Ginny has been built as a friend, but she is far from being
the love interest she is often made out to be. Her role and actions in the story simply has not shown her
character going this route.
Hermione has given up her study time(Hermione??) and her family time, risked her prefect badge for him and
risked her life for him. I'd say she'd do just about anything for him. She has nagged him yes, and it did annoy
him yes. But you forget that she was looking out for his well being and he realised this, and did not stay angry
with her. As for the lies, Harry has lied to everyone about various things. He does however feel guilty about it -
something not really mentioned with others, and he confide in Hermione in a way he doesn't with others. Again
I pull the example of telling of seeing his dead father.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 02:37 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KKdave

Yay!! Hermione7 you are sooo right!! I totally agree. It's wonderful to actually hear a perspective that is the same as mine! big grin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 11:50 PM
KKdave is currently offline Click here to Send KKdave a Private Message Find more posts by KKdave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

When Rowling was asked if Harry and Hermione were going to get together in Book 6, she just said "Surely you've had enough clues!" and winked.

Personally I think Hermione because she's known Harry for a long time. Logically, if you think about it, she's the girl that Harry cares for most.

I can't really articulate why, but i really dislike Cho. There's nothing that she particularly does, but she strikes me as the kind of pretty, popular girl that leaves a trail of broken hearts behind her

I salute you ma'am.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 12:11 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Hermione7 makes a great point and that's probably what will happen but in the same breath I'd like to see him get with Ginny. I can't explain why but I really like her. In Order of The Phoenix she really came into her own. Ron's I'd like to see with Luna, and Phoenix you're absolutely right Cho is easy to dislike, not for any real reason it's simply the attitude the books portray for her.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 10:37 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilyMarie

OMG!!!! Not to be rude or anthing but Harry is deffinitaly not going to get with Hermione! He is so going to get with Ginnt. I mean just cause Harry cares about Hermione doesn't mean anything. I have guy friends that I'm sure care about me that would never get with me because we're just friends. And anyway there are so many clues that Hermione and Ron are getting together.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 11:31 PM
LilyMarie is currently offline Click here to Send LilyMarie a Private Message Find more posts by LilyMarie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

I still don't understand why you think Ginny and Harry will get together. I mean let me show you most of the proof you guys have.

*Ginny had a crush on Harry
*They would look like Lily and James
*It would be so cute!

1. Ginny had a crush on Harry. If you hadn't noticed, Ginny had a few boyfriends, and we are in Harry thoughts a lot, nothing about Ginny.
2. OMg!! Ginny has red hair! Lily had red hair! Harry looks like James! It's ment to be! Ahhhh! Sound silly to you?
3. I think Harry and Hermione would be cute, that doesn't mean its gonna happen.

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 02:46 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Originally posted by DanZeke25
I couldn't care less. i dont see what the big deal is about it.

for harry potter fans there is.. duh laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 03:54 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I know whatcha mean AF. I don't see Ginny and Harry getting together as well. I mean, I supposed they'd make an interesting couple, but I just don't see it.

Originally posted by Half Blood
I agree with PinkD
Harry and Hermione known each other for a long time. At the end of the fourth book "Hermione kissed harry on the cheek". That may be related. Ginny cann't come in between harry because she gave up on him long ago.

Some of you may agree Hermione+Ron, I don't intend to be rude, but these two have quarrel with each other every so often. I don't see why they would end up together.

I agree with you. I think Harry and Hermione will end up together in the end, even in the very beginning (Book 1) Hermione seemed to take notice at Harry. With Ron and Hermione .. I just dont' see those two. Some of the things they say to each other is really mean, I sometimes Ron truly means it. I don't see any romance there.

Hermione7 Great posts! Lots of good points you brought up! I agree with you, Hermione has always been there for Harry. UNLIKE Cho. Maybe it's because I despise the girl, but she was just a crush. Harry went out with her, saw that nothing was every going to evolve, so now it's over.

Hermione however, has always been there for Harry. She stuck by him through thick and thin. Harry's had so much disappointment in his life, he needs someone whose going to be stable: Hermione.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 06:10 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dante3867
Your Boss

i think its all fun and games until someone gets hurt then its Hilarius

on another note now that you mention it HERMIONE7 i think that harry will end up with hermione in the end and even though harry and ginny look good together there just eye candy, harry and hermione are good together

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 06:20 PM
dante3867 is currently offline Click here to Send dante3867 a Private Message Find more posts by dante3867 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tormentor_2004
Restricted

Account Restricted

harry will mistaken Snape for a girl and then date him

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 02:41 AM
Tormentor_2004 is currently offline Click here to Send Tormentor_2004 a Private Message Find more posts by Tormentor_2004 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

^ I take it that was a joke.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:01 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Just to provide an interesting counterpoint and make everyone hate me... wink

Reasons why Harry and Draco belong together:

1. Opposites attract
2. Draco looks enough like a girl to fool ANYONE
3. All that heated arguing is definitely a love-hate thing going on - if they really loathed each other, they'd stay away from each other
4. JK likes to suprise us all!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 10:46 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Strangely it wouldn't be that much of a surprise laughing How does that saying go, You always love the one you hate.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 12:08 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

*shakes head in despair*

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 02:23 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

It's a terrible truth Dark, but a truth it may be laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 02:35 PM
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

Just to provide an interesting counterpoint and make everyone hate me... wink

Reasons why Harry and Draco belong together:

1. Opposites attract
2. Draco looks enough like a girl to fool ANYONE
3. All that heated arguing is definitely a love-hate thing going on - if they really loathed each other, they'd stay away from each other
4. JK likes to suprise us all!

good point phoe Im with ya hun

erm methinks this may turn into a ship war if posters arent carefull but it wont be me starting it lol

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 07:34 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
haunted_vamp73

okay..um.. how should I put this... Harry isn't going to get together with Hermione becuz they are like REALLY close friends. FRIENDS! They are almost like a brother and sister. I mean.. isn't Harry,Ron and Hermione known as "the golden trio" ??? And when J.K was asked if Harry and Hermione will get together she was also asked if Ron and Hermione will get together and she said "haven't you had enough clues?" But like everyone says.. she sure does like to surprise us all. Not to mention that J.K said that in the 6th book Harry will have a "little" romance.. nothing like Cho and they will deffinately NOT hook up together. Another thing. Harry has as much a chance hooking up with Hermione as Ron has. I mean.. doesn't Ron always notice the little things about Hermione.. making her stand out and stuff. And also.. Hermione and Ron bicker like a "married couple". I know it's just a saying but hey. In my minds view.. I don't see Ron OR Harry hooking up with Hermione. Think about it.. if something goes wrong.. their friendship ALL goes down the drain. I think that Harry will just have a crush on someone... that's all.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 09:16 PM
haunted_vamp73 is currently offline Click here to Send haunted_vamp73 a Private Message Find more posts by haunted_vamp73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Originally posted by tigress
good point phoe Im with ya hun

erm methinks this may turn into a ship war if posters arent carefull but it wont be me starting it lol

*starts ship war* evil face

Y'know what, I'm undecided. raver

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That should get them going eek!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 09:43 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote