KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Star Wars History put into Movies

Would two trilogys covering the history of Star Wars be cool?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It would be cool. 14 73.68%
It would not be cool. 5 26.32%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Star Wars History put into Movies
Started by: macgeek2005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
macgeek2005

The Star Wars History put into Movies

How about this. Two Trilogy's called "The History of Star Wars".

They will start 25,000 years before the Battle of Yavin. Each film will cover about 4,000 years.

It will show all the important events filmed like all the other star wars movies, with a narrator.

Example. 10 min of a film: A historic battle against the Jedi and the Sith. then Narration: 500 years later, the Jedi decided that they needed to bla bla bla etc etc etc. next footage of actual events would take place 500 years later. And so it would cover the entire history.

It would show yoda being born. Darth Plagules (i know wrong spelling) training Palpatine. Darth Bane. Everything.

Who thinks that something like that would be REALLY Cool.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 02:04 AM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

that would be nice

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

They would be better of just making movies out of every important part in the history...

I'm not really sure on whether i would like it or not

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

Actually thinking again... two trilogys with 2 and a half hour long movies, gives 20 minutes to every 500 years. So maybe 3 trilogys. 25,000 years to 15,000, 15,000 to 5,000. and then the last one giving more detail on the last 500 years before the phantom menace.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 06:47 PM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

It would be cool to see the hist of the sith and the jedi and chronicle some of the stories like Revan and the exile and the mandalorian wars

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 01:44 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I don't think all of that would work...

To cover that huge a time frame would kind of take away from the overall story. A trilogy of movies from some point during that time frame would be cool. The starwars movies need to have characters that return from previous movies so that the audience can form an emotional attachment to them.

Movies like the ones you are talking about would draw a very specific audience (all fanboys) and would not make much money. sad

Also, correct me if I am wrong but wasn't KOTOR something like 4000 years before the Battle of Yavin? I don't think we want to go thousands of years before that time period or else the technology would be too lame.

A KOTOR movie would be really awesome though. wink

I would also enjoy a movie set a thousand years before Episode I where we see the forming of the republic and the Jedi defeating the Sith.

It would add alot to the overall story and make certain lines have more meaning...

"For over a thousand generations, the jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old republic..." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

"The Sith have been extinct for a millenium." - Mace Windu

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi...at last we will have revenge!" - Darth Maul

"I will not let this republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two...my negotiations will not fail!" - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

WOW! That would be cool.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 08:00 PM
SuperDuprShadow

If you want to know Star Wars history just ask me I am the first and foremost athority on the history of Star Wars. If you doubt my claim just ask my very close and personal friend Goerge Lucas. So ask away...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:06 AM
Click here to Send SuperDuprShadow a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDuprShadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 04:10 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The thousand thing doesn't mean that much, thousand is just a number that every empire wants to reach and everybody wants to hear... It sounds impressive, blame Rome for making us like a thousand.

The Sith could have been extint for longer, Jedi could have been around for much longer then a thousand generations...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:37 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stefaan
The only non-geek in here

Hmm if that would mean that the Knights of the Old Republic games were included that would be cool. One trilogy about Revan the other about the Exile.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 03:16 PM
Click here to Send stefaan a Private Message Find more posts by stefaan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDuprShadow

Just to clairify something I was joking around about being supershadow above I think everyone could tell but just in case, I thought I sould post this

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 07:33 PM
Click here to Send SuperDuprShadow a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDuprShadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Yeah...I noticed...I've seen you make posts making fun of supershadow in the supershadow thread. Still...the crap that spills forth from his keyboard makes me sick.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 05:04 AM
Jedi_KnightAlly
Jedi Knight

One thing about the revan and exile idea's. Is that really a good thing? because the story has already been covered, mebby covering a period before that like the exar kun war, or the mandarlorian wars, mind u, wld the mandarlorian wars work because i think they should stay away from the whole revan and exile thing because a lot of ppl would be upset with how they looked etc.

Exar kun period or before would be class, or the Darth Bane era.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_KnightAlly a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_KnightAlly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthYoda326

ill tell you what would be almost just as sweet

a movie for after episode 6 like i dont know if lucas already has some plans for anything like this, and there might already be a forum for this, but like i think that would be freakin sweet it would cover like the stuff about emporer palpatines clones and stuff and lukes dark side temptation stuff and the ghost of exar kun at lukes jedi academy

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:24 AM
Click here to Send DarthYoda326 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthYoda326 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote