KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Yoda & Pope John Paul II

Yoda & Pope John Paul II
Started by: bobafett81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

now i take that apology back for your patronising, and will appologise to anyone else i have offended besides you

Last edited by PVS on Apr 4th, 2005 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:40 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

This is what I mean. Why can't anyone just apologize and mean it? Why does everything have to be so difficult? I was offended and wanted an apology, what's so hard to understand about that? And I think after you taunted me that I was entitled to a little wit, don't you? If we could all just stop shooting down every idea that we disagree with (and I admit that I am guilty of this, but not nearly as much as some other members) then maybe we wouldn't have these kinds of problems. This is supposed to be a good-natured place, is it not? I don't see why everyone has to run around insulting each other.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:44 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i did apologise, and i meant it.
you could have just accepted it, but had to throw in
a condesending left handed jab. im not your child. you dont meet
an apology from another grownass human being and follow it up with
"now that wasnt so hard was it?" your looking for a dispute, not an apology.

Last edited by PVS on Apr 4th, 2005 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:49 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Then it was my mistake. It didn't seem like you were sincere when you typed it in ALL CAPS. I admit I was wrong to have said that, though I was still a little bitter about the original comment and that's why I said it in the first place. I'm willing to let it go if you are. I'm not looking for enemies.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:51 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

k cool smile

*hands arthas his apology back*

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:52 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Yay! And it's cherry flavored!! big grin

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:52 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

After re-reading certain aspects of this thread. It has been decided that the topic isn't revelant to Episode III. Therefore this will be moved to the EU forum where there is less post traffic.

Moving to EU Forum....

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 10:51 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yoda wasn't based off of The Pope.

Yoda is based off of Grover from Sesame Street.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jediwilldaddy

i think the next pope should call himself yoda the first

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 02:58 AM
Click here to Send jediwilldaddy a Private Message Find more posts by jediwilldaddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atila the great
Capo

ok, i'm a catholic and besides of him being the high head of the church he was a great man, did a lot of good things. but listen i cant be offended every single time someone makes a joke about him, like this, comparing him to a character of a great movie. i do think your timing was bad man but hey i'm sure you mean no offense, do you?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 05:17 AM
Click here to Send atila the great a Private Message Find more posts by atila the great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by amity75
One of my mates reckons the pope is more like Palpatine but I told him he was talking rubbish because Palpatine is the leader of an outdated, backward, greedy empire which has persecuted people through lies and bullying and has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people through the years.

rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

Oh god.....it's funny cuz its true!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:08 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

Originally posted by ArthasKnight
*rolls eyes* As a catholic, I take offense to that. Saying the Pope would fight anyone isn't something I like to hear.

how about several popes of the past haven't fought, but have CERTAINLY ordered others to. Like oh, the Spanish inquitsition where more gypsies, jews, muslims, (basically all non-catholics that looked at 'em funny) died than in the holocaust. OR maybe on friday the 13th when a Pope ordered the murder of the Knights Templar, which, I might add seems very similar to Palpatine ordering the deaths of the Jedi Knights for daring to have different views, like the Knights Templar and the Pope. Now THAT's a comparison worth studying up on! So I agree, Pope's and killing in the same topic isn't funny, its scary and true!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:12 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

Originally posted by ArthasKnight
This is what I mean. Why can't anyone just apologize and mean it? Why does everything have to be so difficult? I was offended and wanted an apology, what's so hard to understand about that? And I think after you taunted me that I was entitled to a little wit, don't you? If we could all just stop shooting down every idea that we disagree with (and I admit that I am guilty of this, but not nearly as much as some other members) then maybe we wouldn't have these kinds of problems. This is supposed to be a good-natured place, is it not? I don't see why everyone has to run around insulting each other.

whine...whimper...sniff....laughing

Leave PVS alone, nobodies more capable of being light hearted than he is. Right now the only serious person with a stick up there butt round here be you!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:15 AM
mephistodesigns

aw crap, a few posts later they made up....that's no fun....and makes my last post irrelevant and stupid! I hate it when that happens! laughing

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:17 AM
cylob69
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if you beleive what happens in the bible you may as well beleive in the force......and for that matter Mickey Mouse.
Religion is a load of toss
Its all LIES

nanu nanu!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 07:35 AM
Click here to Send cylob69 a Private Message Find more posts by cylob69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Okay the religion is all lies thing is just bullshit, you can't know that. You don't know if god excists or not and lets not even start talking about that, it has nothing to do with SW and will just get people pissed off...

Anyways about Yoda being like the pope, i don't think its a bad analogy at all, and for that matter i don't think Palpatine is a bad analogy either. Lucas looked at a lot of things from history and myths and based his characters on them, with the importance that popes had threwout the centuary's its nothing but normal that some characters would have a lot of things that made them look like a pope of the past.

Whether he based them on them or not is a different story al together, a lot of people did what popes did, good and bad. I woudln't know if he based them on them or based anything on the Catholic chuch. He probably did though you can't escape the infleunce of those things in history

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

I think Vader is the best analogy.

He used to be Anakin Skywalker but later became Darth Vader. In the end, he regained his former self and perished.

Lucas sure did take a lot of myths into his movies.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Most do, look at any good book or movie myths are all over them, of course they have to be... Those are story's we grew up with things we heard our entire lives, things that often shaped our live. They are glorified and legendaric. We remember things like that even if its only minimaly. For a writer its much easier to tell a story when somewhere you already know what happened whats going to happen, when the entire story has been told a thousand times in different ways. But you just don't remember it

Curious though, who do you think Vader resembles? And why him better then anybody else in the SW universe?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 01:26 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Vader could be many people at once.

Anyone who has been blinded and corrupted by power could do. While most of the other characters in the movies are either light or dark, Vader is the only truly conflicted one among them. Of course there is Dooku too, but i don't think his character is as interesting as Vader's.

Yoda is as light as it gets and Sidious is the ultimate darksider.
Anakin seems just to be a pawn in the game of light and dark.

And of course, Anakin is the chosen one.

But... We will know more once we have seen Ep3 =).

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote