KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator vs. Juggernaut

Gladiator vs. Juggernaut
Started by: Betageuze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
His whole power set was weaker..

Masterson Thor actually had Mjolnir and the power of Thor, but just did not have the knowledge to use it as effectively as Thor can.

Thuderstrikes power came from his maze which was a second rate Mjolnir (if that)..
Thunderstrike is to Thor what Superboy is to Superman (if that)..

He could not even take Hydroman. Spiderman actually commented Thunderstrike was out of his league with Hydroman.

You are stating things without proof. Does the comic explicitly explain that Thunderstrike was weaker (strength wise) than when he was Thor?

Obviously several people believe what you believe. I have no problems believing what you said, I just want to know why.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:15 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I think Thunderstrike is listed in the 75 - 80 ton range.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:33 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by h1a8
You are stating things without proof. Does the comic explicitly explain that Thunderstrike was weaker (strength wise) than when he was Thor?

Obviously several people believe what you believe. I have no problems believing what you said, I just want to know why.

Well Id say you dnt really need proof of this.. As Masterson Thor he WAS Thor, and had Mjolnir.

Thunderstrike was not Thor, and did not have Mjolnir.

If you are going to suggest he is even close to being Thor's equal (even though he did nothing to suggest that) then the burden of proof would be on you.

I know there are statements to prove Thunderstrike's inferiority, but I dnt have them. It is however common knowledge. And Im sure it says so on his Marvel bio. But have to check that.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 09:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Well Id say you dnt really need proof of this.. As Masterson Thor he WAS Thor, and had Mjolnir.

Thunderstrike was not Thor, and did not have Mjolnir.

If you are going to suggest he is even close to being Thor's equal (even though he did nothing to suggest that) then the burden of proof would be on you.

I know there are statements to prove Thunderstrike's inferiority, but I dnt have them. It is however common knowledge. And Im sure it says so on his Marvel bio. But have to check that.

The proof is that he is stronger than a human as Thunderstrike and was once blessed with the strength of Thor. Why would Odin make Thunderstrike weaker when he previously gave him the full strength of Thor? Is it because he didn't trust him anymore? The comic must explain something.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 09:38 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Here is one scan from the 1st issue of Thunderstrike.

(please log in to view the image)

EDIT: In the next issue as he is about to take on Juggernaut, Thunderstrike says: "...[Jugs] managed to fight the Mighty Thor to a few standstills... and I don't RANK ANYWHERE NEAR THE THUNDER GOD'S POWER CLASS!"

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Last edited by Ptr_Grifin on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 09:51 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Thats actually Masterson Thor

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 10:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

^ Thats actually Masterson Thor

No, it is Thunderstrike. When he first received the hammer, he still looked like Thor. He didn't want to be confused with Thor so he got a costume change. That is not Mjolnir in that scan.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 10:05 PM
Darth Thor

The proof is that he is stronger than a human as Thunderstrike and was once blessed with the strength of Thor. Why would Odin make Thunderstrike weaker when he previously gave him the full strength of Thor? Is it because he didn't trust him anymore? The comic must explain something.

Well he never actually had the "full" strength of Thor.. But at that time Masterson was a replacement for Thor.

Whilst Thunderstrike was an extra.

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
No, it is Thunderstrike. When he first received the hammer, he still looked like Thor. He didn't want to be confused with Thor so he got a costume change. That is not Mjolnir in that scan.

Gotcha..

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 10:06 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Here is one scan from the 1st issue of Thunderstrike.

(please log in to view the image)

EDIT: In the next issue as he is about to take on Juggernaut, Thunderstrike says: "...[Jugs] managed to fight the Mighty Thor to a few standstills... and I don't RANK ANYWHERE NEAR THE THUNDER GOD'S POWER CLASS!"
Thank you I really appreciate it. It wasn't that I didn't believe you guys but just wanted to know the reasoning behind it.

Well he never actually had the "full" strength of Thor.. But at that time Masterson was a replacement for Thor.

Whilst Thunderstrike was an extra.

Gotcha..
Actually Ptr's scan proves that Masterson had the full strength of Thor when he owned Mjolnir. Plus it was implied in several comics (like the enchantment on Mjolnir by Odin himself).

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 10:24 PM
Darth Thor

Actually Ptr's scan proves that Masterson had the full strength of Thor when he owned Mjolnir.

No it does'nt. The only thing ti says is "its a great time to learn Im not in the same power level as Thor"

Plus it was implied in several comics (like the enchantment on Mjolnir by Odin himself).

He had all his powers (but not the knowledge or combat abilities to use that power anywhere near as well as Thor)..

Also Rage posted a couple of scans in the Glads vs Thor thread showing Masterson was never quite as strong as the real deal (but probably in his league at least)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2011 06:30 PM
maxwell44
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it does'nt. The only thing ti says is "its a great time to learn Im not in the same power level as Thor"

He had all his powers (but not the knowledge or combat abilities to use that power anywhere near as well as Thor)..

Also Rage posted a couple of scans in the Glads vs Thor thread showing Masterson was never quite as strong as the real deal (but probably in his league at least)
Masterson thor, dargo thor and beta ray thor all had the FULL strength of thor when they had thors hammer. Dont fall for masterson doubt and loki lies. The writers and the official marvel data base ALL states this. You think the hammer was bias to masterson because of what rage thinks? Masterson was thor just like the others, with thors full strength but bill had far more experience as shown in the thor corps when bill used his hammer to BFR some threat. h1a is right. Its very easy to prove.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 12:03 AM
maxwell44 is currently offline Click here to Send maxwell44 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxwell44
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel Data Base.

Powers
Eric proved himself worthy to wield Mjolnir, and was merged with Thor to save his life. When Odin had Eric replace Thor, Masterson had the full strength and weather control powers as Thor. Later, when Eric wielded the enchanted mace known as Thunderstrike, the mace granted him a number of superhuman attributes, many of which are conventional among the Asgardians:

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 12:40 AM
maxwell44 is currently offline Click here to Send maxwell44 a Private Message Find more posts by maxwell44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eagle53

Gladiator will certainly beat Juggernaut. in the cartoon Gladiator was hovering mid air and said, 'earthlings are so weak (something to that effect) and Juggernaut punched him as hard as he could , but Gladiator did not even budge then Gladiator without any effort punched juggernaut and he definitely BFRd him. now Juggernaut gets his strength from crytorak magic (which is pretty strong it was the same thing that imprisoned galactus at one time)

in a word Gladiator and juggernaut are impervious to each others physical damage but Gladiator will easily BFR juggernaut

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:42 AM
eagle53 is currently offline Click here to Send eagle53 a Private Message Find more posts by eagle53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote