KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Where is Padme's Connection to Leia????

Where is Padme's Connection to Leia????
Started by: EjkoUSC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Re: Where is Padme's Connection to Leia????

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EjkoUSC
This is the most overwhelming error in the film if you ask me. Leia has a connection that Luke doesn't have. Yet in the script and the novel there is no extra shared moment between Leia and Padme. In fact she even goes so far as to touch Luke but not Leia. JW Titus's novel handles the scene far more emotionally and brilliantly. SWhe gives birth to Leia, touches her, names her then dies. And immediately after her death the Droid brings around Luke. And Obi-Wan is left to improvise his name. So he calls him Luke.

This bonds Obi-Wan and Luke more
Justifies Leia's connection to Padme
Adds tragedy if Padme dies before seeing her son.

Why the hell wouldnt this have occured to Lucas? Is he on drugs? He better have adjusted this scene in the last reshoots and cuts. Those occured before the script and book were printed out for publishing (I think and hope). Anyone know if the script is EXACTLY as the final cut is? Well some of you will pass of your opinions for being "in the know" but humor me.

I agree. That would have been a far better idea! I've always thought Lucas should have sorted that bit out better htan he did. But how exactly do we know it was Padme she was tlking about? Leia got the surname of her adopted mother, so maybe she also died young & Leia thought she was her real mother. Maybe that was the case.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 09:03 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Who's digging up these old fossils? You? C-3POTheNotSoClever?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 08:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Who's digging up these old fossils? You? C-3POTheNotSoClever?

Yes lol. But even though the poster of that probably won't read my reply, others who look this up in the search might, so it's still good to reply to old ones.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:10 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, it's not.

Better stop or I'll start shutting them down.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 07:17 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote