KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » I,Robot is the Matrix prequel

I,Robot is the Matrix prequel
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Clavis
HOT

so ur suggesting that we should ream him up the ass about this? big grin

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 12:20 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I agree with Lance on this one you guys.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 08:44 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

the only thing i see is matrix copying terminat'r main story theme

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 11:46 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo121

yes AI is a great film but not as goood as terminator 1 2 3

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 03:47 PM
neo121 is currently offline Click here to Send neo121 a Private Message Find more posts by neo121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRtH_mCnAztY

not even close to terminator tho

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:58 PM
DaRtH_mCnAztY is currently offline Click here to Send DaRtH_mCnAztY a Private Message Find more posts by DaRtH_mCnAztY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sneeky_ninja
Sith Ninja

im sorry but how can u say i-robot sucked that was a good movie. the first two starwars movies did kind of suck but they were good in there own aspects. come one the matrix sequals wernt that good, dont get me wrong i loved them but the watchowski bros messed up and made it to quicky. but anyhow i liked all the matrix, starwars, irobot, and terminator movies does that mwake me a bad person...???

Old Post May 12th, 2005 05:15 PM
sneeky_ninja is currently offline Click here to Send sneeky_ninja a Private Message Find more posts by sneeky_ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

no it is not hte prequil cuz they did not mention 01 and they dint destroy the sun and i robot is based on a book that was made like 20 years ago

Old Post May 14th, 2005 08:25 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

I think terminator movies can co-relate to the matrix cause for some reasons unknown in terminator movies the machines attack. Maybe like irobot said they were only trying to protect us from ourselves. I believe matrix terminator and irobot can actually line up together to make story complete wheter or not we want it to. although pretty much these movies are really trying to say that there is an opression on us as human beings whether it's the government or religion to to keep us in check.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 08:37 AM
Darth Halo is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Halo
Dark Sith Lord

No sneeky cause my fav trilogies are terminator, star wars, and matrix. It just means you know good science fiction and a decent story

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 08:39 AM
Darth Halo is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Halo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Halo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo121

hola Darth how are you wot part of the states do you live i'm neo212 from england cheshire not for from manchester laughing out loudcool

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 09:50 AM
neo121 is currently offline Click here to Send neo121 a Private Message Find more posts by neo121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: I,Robot is the Matrix prequel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lau_timmy
Having seeing the Matrix trilogy and had seen the animatrix films which besides the first Matrix were probably better then them. The main movie in this called "The Second Renaissance" told the story of what happened in the matrix so take over humanity and start what will happen.

Basically just as an overview of what happens is that a single robot decides to kill his masters because the robot didn't want to die and when his executions took place is started a world wide destruction of robots. In response to this new onslaught of machines the robots created their own society in the middle east and prospered. Their society was so advanced that their creations and products they made and sold to the humans dominated the human models. So basically the humans decided instead of peacefully make amends with the robots which the robots wanted they attacked them and in the end lost.

Now if you look at this story doesn’t it seem a little like the story that is being formed by I, Robot. First you have a new race of machines that can think for themselves that if pushed the right way will do what they are told. After a short killing spree of humans like the original killing of a human in the Matrix the humans tried to stop the growth of the robots. Do you actually think that if something like what happened in I, Robot happened that the humans would just put them in the desert of Lake Michigan or would they destroy them. So the next step in the sequel to I, Robot is simple humans will see that with the aprrox. one billion robots in the world and seeing what they are capable of they would order a massive extermination of the robots. The robots with their new minds since they were severed from any central like to the home base would tr to survive and find a place where they can live (sound familiar). The robots will have to find a way to make their way through the world market to why not invent some new technology to overthrough the human economy. The rest just falls into place. It way just be that I have seen both of these movies and it is what I see as a possible outcome and actually I believe that if robots ever get the chance to think they wont bother trying to slow play us they will unleash hell and there would be not chance for us to stop them.

Just think about it if you knew that you were more powerful and much much more intelgent then everyone else around you wouldn't you take control in a heart beat. As you can see this is identical to what happened in the Matrix. Now I am not saying that the creators of this move stole any ideas but if they try to make a sequel and basically if they don't follow these lines then the sequel won’t even make any sense. I was just wondering if anyone agree.

I,robot was a tame version of the terminator.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote