KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » TX General Discussion Thread

TX General Discussion Thread
Started by: JRatT12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JRatT12

TX not as cool or as good as T1000..

The TX had her Moments I think it was cool that she could lick the blood of people and get their DNA. The fight she had with Arne in the bathroom was still damn cool…. But she was no T1000

For 1 the T1000’s name is way cooler. The point of the Terminators is to infiltrate and kill the humans hiding in holes in the future. The TX looked human but I think the T1000 would have been better for infiltrating and killing. HE could have turned himself into a pool of liquid and went under doors or other areas the TX couldn’t have gotten throw. it has no metal skeleton so simply crushing its metal skeleton like the TX can’t kill him.

If I were going into a large-scale ground battle I would want a TX by my side. But for indoors or in a large city I would want a T1000.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE TX AND T1000 and if they make a sequle should we see all these modles and more...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 05:14 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zoomonkey

she was an anti-terminator terminator. her only mission was to kill other terminators not hunt humans.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 05:38 PM
zoomonkey is currently offline Click here to Send zoomonkey a Private Message Find more posts by zoomonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Why would you send and anti-terminator terminator back in time to kill John and his commanders. Why not send the much more capably T1000??

And why would skynet make a TX in the future unless the human resistance has taken control of lots of terminators which doesn’t seem very likely

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:19 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saberist

The T-X suffered a lot from being rationalized AS a female instead of as a machine that could assume either gender appearance but was entirely neuter-neutral (primary fighting form for instance would have been far more effective if it had simply gone 'Silver Surfer pure concentration' mode) itself.

The whole busines with raising her hand to an awkward (off camera prosthesis-screaming) angle to do the Swiss Army Knife bit was also...unfortunate.

Largely because the Dremel Tool saw blade was silly and the flame thrower alternate both impractical (where's the fuel) and absolutely worthless (zero ranged effect) in comparison with the blaster cannon that came before.

Again these 'delicate girlie toy' things, the extended activation time by which they are activated and the fact that they are not in BOTH hands makes T-X seem, prissy.

T-X doesn't run noteably faster than a T-800 and may actually be slower than a T-1000. Indeed the _length_ of it's stride is still entirely human which is flat out wrong for high speed motion of a heavyweight machine which should be loping (like an ostrich) or ungulate-bounding like a bipedal equivalent to a leopard.

If a T-800 wanted to peel off a car roof, it would simply slam it's hand through and pull in about 3 seconds (even though the flesh would be badly bruised, something less of a problem for mimetic-alloy T-X).

Also, the whole femnazi severe pullback on the bun hairdo, combined with the Red Klingon style of leather-me-up dress was simply WRONG for the T-X's /infiltrator/ role. The give an impression of overt aggression and barely controlled physicality which would NOT be how a female assassin would choose to portray herself in OUR world.

Indeed T-X's first few moments on the planet with the long curly hair and the little-girl soft expression would make her both more capable and VASTLY more terrifying as a betrayer-slayer from the male protectivist standpoint.

What will almost undoubtedly determine the T-X (and indeed even more so Aging Arnies T-800) validity during any followon sequel will be CLEAN (sharp depth of detail and seamless scene blending) digital renders so that you can, for instance, go to a true genderless ID rendering for multiple character shifts away from the 'base actor' as well as things like 'gunports' which fast-open provide for the Terminator to use weapons as we would, in an immediate-reaction sense of _combat_ rather than staged=standing-there idiotic duels.

As for the T-1000, if you've read the novellization of T2, Skynet had only enough of the mimetic glop to make ONE such prototype and it was also frankly 'uncertain' (scared) itself of what the multiprocessing and thus entirely too 'independent' 1000 series might end up evolving to.

Self-cognition could lead to a mental state that did not acknowledge loyalty to a higher cause for instance.

While I would agree that the T-1000 is a more rational carryon from the T-X (which is in fact labelled a T-900 in the T3 fan comic now in most grocery store magazine aisles) and thus perhaps better portrayed as being what we would 'finally, The Future!' encounter in the Skynet Wars themselves, the fact remains that the overall /concept/ of Terminator:Human conflict needs to be _vastly upgraded_.

For the sad reality behind ALL the Terminator flicks is that /nothing/ of the hand weapons used on each subsequent 'better model' cyborg could truly damage or even significantl /slow/ the creatures and thus humanity 'carries on' through what amounts to endless circumstantial modifiers and _sheer dumb luck_.

I put a large part of this down to the slow ponderousness of the Terminators 'action mode' physical displays but, the notion that the use of deliberate ambush rather than meeting engagements and super high powered 'effect' weapons (heat, electricity, explosive blast, cold) simply doesn't seem to occur to the oh-so-smart monkeys /either/ is not terribly complimentary to us hairless apes either.

Again this MUST change towards a more fluid, lightning quick (Alien and Predator themes), INTENSE combat where true attrition (speed of light plasma weapons rather than dorky Estes Rockets etc.) of BOTH forces is what makes static ambushes and force-on-force (numbers leveraging) engagement decisions still uncertain.

For the fact is, humans will always suffer from 'morale factor' indecision on building losses but a single Terminator that 'stood up and was reckoned' could charge it's way past a fixed envelopement and begin to roll it up from outside with awesome 40mph + on the fly targeting precision.

And such topsy-turvey unit combat resolutions are what is missing in gaining a proper evaluation of 'who is better'. And the drama of why.

Saberist.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 04:33 AM
Saberist is currently offline Click here to Send Saberist a Private Message Find more posts by Saberist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam The Prophet

I just saw T3 today, and was surprised by how well done it was... I personally was expecting just another great series of movies reduced to quick summer cash. The one letdown for me was indeed the TX. Although she was cool and all she never once rivaled the T-1000. Truly, why one earth would you send a terminators terminators to wipe out a slew of humans... Je ne comprends pas!!! Also, why if she is more advanced does she have the endoskeleton...It is her down fall in the end...If that was the T-1000 in the movie, they would have been screwed. But alas, movie makers don't trust old ideas these days. They need to hype the movies up with all this new stuff. Well I know that my points have already been made by other posts, and then some, but this was something that needed to be said.

Oh, ps, dude who's talking about the novilization and skynet being afraid of the T-1000...That just proves he's that much cooler.

pss......And if they ran out of the 'goop' how come they had enough to put in over the endoskeletons of all the T-Xs they made.

Well I got my two cents in and a weight has been lifted off my chest.

Xam

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 08:41 AM
Xam The Prophet is currently offline Click here to Send Xam The Prophet a Private Message Find more posts by Xam The Prophet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

In terminator movie, there mustn't be any woman...the best actor who played with arnie, was ROBERT PATRICK...he was quite scary!!! and not like kristanna loken that chick...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 11:49 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sgt_Comic

Damn, so many nitpicks. I feel forutnate to be one of those people that can enjoy a movies without tearing every little thing apart.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 09:16 PM
Sgt_Comic is currently offline Click here to Send Sgt_Comic a Private Message Find more posts by Sgt_Comic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sgt_Comic

quote:
Originally posted by CoCooN
In terminator movie, there mustn't be any woman...the best actor who played with arnie, was ROBERT PATRICK...he was quite scary!!! and not like kristanna loken that chick...

Hey moron,

I'm a man, and let me tell you something. If I was one of these future warriors, or regular person or whatever, the TX would be much more effective on me. She's hot, and would make your average man drop his guard. Since the art of waging war and such is predominately a male job, she would be a much better choice to attempt infiltration than another man. Well, we live in a modern world, so I guess for SOME guys another man would be a better choice.

In reality, the best spies/assasins have always been women. They use the art of seduction to achieve their missions.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 09:20 PM
Sgt_Comic is currently offline Click here to Send Sgt_Comic a Private Message Find more posts by Sgt_Comic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CTsnapple

Please the TX helped make this a better movie. Her sex appeal alone would get me to see it for a second time...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 04:39 AM
CTsnapple is currently offline Click here to Send CTsnapple a Private Message Find more posts by CTsnapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Ok the TX did have the sex appeal and this proudly would have made her a better assassin in today’s world. But the gender of the TX has noting to do with it (I mean if I where an assassin that could change my form I would change all the time)
The thing about the TX is I don’t think IT is as strong as the T1000. With no metal skeleton the T1000 could go anywhere in any hole down any pipe. It can’t crate the same arm things the TX could but I think the “knives and stabbing weapons” are plenty good.

If the TX and T1000 where in a fight agents each other I think the T1000 would win easily. The TX’s flamethrower thing (which was the stupidest thing ever) would have no effect on the T1000 and I can’t see the lightning thing hurting it to bad.

And if those things have no effect then it is basically a smaller version of the T800 verses T1000 and we all know what happens in that fight (TX gets its head smashed in and a metal rod throw the back)

P.S ROBERT PATRICK KIKED A$$ He is defiantly the best actor ever to fight Arnold (except maybe the praetor) HE was almost a more convincing robot then Arnold. AND he was scary has HELL. The way he ran and moved where so great. “SAY THAT’S A NICE BIKE” “CALL TO JOHN, CALL TO JOHN NOW” DAMN HE WAS GREAT

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 05:34 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

Dude Robers Patrick was awesome as a terminator, i still look at him when he acts in x files/soprano episodes and think T1000. He was awesome, didnt speak much in the movie just the stare of those cold blue eyes of his.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 12:42 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

she's pretty damn hot.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 08:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I still need to see see T3 before I give my opinion.

I do agree that the T-1000 is just plain awesome. He was very imposing. Proves you don't need huge muscles to be imposing. wink

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 12:56 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
she's pretty damn hot.

That she is, who is she though, she ever acted before? How could we not know about this hottie.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 06:01 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I think she was a super model…

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 08:02 PM
SonyGee

Miffed What?

So... There are several parts of the movie that I just didn't understand.

First of all, why did TX vary in her killing styles and person identification styles? Wouldn't a well-tuned computer pick the most efficient or most successful manner and stick to it? What I mean is... so for the first guy she killed (barrera) she just used a cornea/retina/eye scan to identify him. Then, when she went to kill the kids who thought there parents came home early, she immediately offed the boy, then tasted his blood/sampled his DNA. However, later in the movie she doesn't immediately kill people...

And how about her controlling other machines? If she could do that, then why din't she take control of the veterinary truck? Why did she instead take control of the police cars and follow her around?

Oh and could she ONLY take the form of someone if she touches them or kills them? Because she took the form of claire danes without touching her...

The anti-terminator terminator argument in a previous message was noteworthy.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 09:41 PM
SonyGee is currently offline Click here to Send SonyGee a Private Message Find more posts by SonyGee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
THE CRITIC
Restricted

Account Restricted

ummm thats all i got

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:55 AM
THE CRITIC is currently offline Click here to Send THE CRITIC a Private Message Find more posts by THE CRITIC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

When I watch X-files...i'm thinking how could be if the PATRICK would play in T3...it would be FANTASTIC!

THE MOSTOW SCREW IT UP WITH KRISTANNA!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:26 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

and where is Edward Furlong?!...I know he have a drug and alcohol problems, but they could anyway play in the movie...and any others!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:29 AM
CoCooN

!
P.S ROBERT PATRICK KICKED A$$ He is defiantly the best actor ever to fight Arnold (except maybe the praetor) HE was almost a more convincing robot then Arnold. AND he was scary has HELL. The way he ran and moved where so great. “SAY THAT’S A NICE BIKE” “CALL TO JOHN, CALL TO JOHN NOW” DAMN HE WAS GREAT!!!

How can we prevent that will happen?...WE WONT HIM BACK IN TERMINATOR 4 fight one more time against ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER but that time must be ARNIE BAD GUY!!!!

Last edited by CoCooN on Jul 7th, 2003 at 07:49 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:47 AM