KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Chappell Corby

Chappell Corby
Started by: beach_baby_279

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidergrl
Living

Yea. I reckon that thats what will happen in the end!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:55 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

There's a thread about this in the GDF wink

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:23 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

For those who don't know this is a really big case in Australia right now. The girl in question went to Bali, drugs where discovered in her bags, about 4kg of cannabis, and she was arrested and for a time was facing the death penalty before the Bali legal system, in agreement with our government made it so she would only be facing a life sentence (20 years or more).

However she claims she didn't do it, and there is a fare bit of evidence it could have be placed in her bag as part of a bigger drug smuggling ring that has recently come to light (popular strategy for the drug lords not to risk their own lives smuggling them, just plant them on some ignorant traveller). The problem a lot of people have is that despite reasonable doubt from the beginning the Balinese courts showed little interest in this and a lot of people claim just wanted a conviction, and ignored this other evidence.

As it is she has been found guilty today, and is going to serve 20 years in an Indonesian jail. Personally I don't know whether she is guilty or innocent, but I do think death, or 20 years is somewhat harsh for a first time offender, with a small amount of a non "hard" drug. A lot of people have also drawn parallels with the Bali bombings pointing out how the ring leader and a know terrorist is looking at 3 years (less now) while a drug conviction carries such a harsh penalty.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:33 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

As it is she has been found guilty today, and is going to serve 20 years in an Indonesian jail. Personally I don't know whether she is guilty or innocent, but I do think death, or 20 years is somewhat harsh for a first time offender, with a small amount of a non "hard" drug. A lot of people have also drawn parallels with the Bali bombings pointing out how the ring leader and a know terrorist is looking at 3 years (less now) while a drug conviction carries such a harsh penalty.

that's whack isn't it?? poor girl. i think she's innocent. all of the evidence doesn't add up

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:37 AM
Cid is currently offline Click here to Send Cid a Private Message Find more posts by Cid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

True, far to harsh, especially if she is innocent. In their reasoning the judges said the defence hadn't presented a good enough case, remarkable to think then that the whole thing is "guilty till proven innocent", which just seems wrong.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:41 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cid

poor girl. with all the evidence i've seen she looks innocent

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:41 AM
Cid is currently offline Click here to Send Cid a Private Message Find more posts by Cid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Uh, so she had a bunch of drugs on her, but she "didn't do it"?

How's that work? You guys think it was planted on her or something?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 07:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Read up, dude.

If the bag weighed less at the airport of departure than at arrival, then someone must have put it there. (That someone not being her)

But I know nothing about the case.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:28 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

She wouldn't of done it!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:30 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Imperial_Samura, you forget one thing: the Thai government doesn't make a difference in hard and soft drugs, they judge it on the same scale

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

They judged it on - she was caught with them. she's guilty. end of story!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:25 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i see this as another case of the australian government doing nothing so as not to ruin their chances of drilling for oil in the Timore sea. i think she was innocent but she had to know she wasn't leaving the court free, the judge who tried her case has NEVER found ANYONE innocent in over 20 years of being a judge. she should be stoaked getting 20 years, better than a cigrette and a bullet.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post May 28th, 2005 05:59 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Originally posted by spidergrl
They judged it on - she was caught with them. she's guilty. end of story!

have you read the entire report that now lies in front of the judge or do you base yourself on nationality and subjective news articles?

(with this I do not say she is guilty)

Old Post May 28th, 2005 03:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Originally posted by yerssot
have you read the entire report that now lies in front of the judge or do you base yourself on nationality and subjective news articles?

(with this I do not say she is guilty)

you miss-understood me. I believe on everything that she's innocent.

Im saying, thats how their courts work. they find someone breaking the law then they're guilty, end of story. They don't care about evidence or jack all!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 10:03 PM
Imaginary
blinded

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:38 PM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

thank you so much Trish stick out tongue

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:49 PM
Imaginary
blinded

Oh, hush! stick out tongue

Old Post May 28th, 2005 11:56 PM
spidergrl
Living

don't you tell me to hush young one!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:00 AM
Imaginary
blinded

Young one!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 12:29 AM
spidergrl
Living

i am nearly 3 years older then you stick out tongue

Old Post May 29th, 2005 03:44 AM