KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Endgame approaching once more

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Endgame approaching once more
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Endgame approaching once more

It's that traditional time when, every few months, the current Episode starts to see its twilight and we look forward to new things.

Except it is different this time. Whilst the Light Side are reaching the climactic finale of the biggest darn fight we ever saw, the Dark Siders are still planning their big tour de force- and that's only in Part I of their story! Whilst their Part II is much smaller, in the same way as the Light Side Part I was small (and to make things even more confusing, these were the original Parts III and IV when both Episodes I and II were a single episode, before I realised they were far too big), it's clear that we have a de-synch.

This is party a tribute to a very detailed Dark Side setting we have had, combined with their highly amusing (and in-character) squabbling. It's also a tribute to how efficient we have become in doing these fights- I thought a ten Jedi vs. battle droid army fight would take four to six months. In fact, it looks like the entire Episode II for the Light Side is going to be done in about three and a half months (not from now- from start to end). In comparison, Episode One took eight months, and it certainly was not even twice as big. The fight has gone with commendable speed, so thanks to everyone for taking part and putting the effort in, and let's hope the Dark Side does just as well.

Which leads us to two pionts

1. Looks like this original storyline for the new Campaign is going to have lasted a whole year. Wowser! Indeed, we kicked it off in May 2004. Time flies.

2. I am changing the schedule to re-synch the plotlines.

Not that synching them is vital as they are seperate, but doing this allows me to maintain some form of relative balance between the two as to how much progress they are making, and also allows me to make plot revelations that may affect both sides simultaneously, rather than having one side 'spoil' the other.

So, what does this mean? Let's see...

---

First, with the inevitable post-scripting after the end of the fight, the Light Side Episode II will wrap up inside this month. This concludes their opening storyline, which started as two (later three) disparate investigations that coalesced into one mission against the Techno Union, new bad guys for the Jedi, who in general are now classed as dodgy, and specifically some of their number are decidedly criminal. The focus on the Sith has of course now gone, that was an entry point only, which is inevitable because, of course, I can't use the Sith as my main bad guys because the main films do that and I can't trample on that plot.

Obviously, the Techno-Union, and the titular Arms Race of their episode, will continue as plot functions for the Light Side as the build up to the Clone Wars continues. The big fight coming to an end is the first of two examples of what life in a Clone Wars campaign might be like, btw. But other than that, all the direct plotlines introduced in Episode I will conclude, as will Xeth's original investigation that brought him into the game way back in Episode II of the first campaign as they finally corner the perpetrator.

At this point, Light Siders will spend xp, discuss things, new players may join, others may drop out, and in general prepare for the next game, During this point, the Dark Siders will be making their snatch, and dealing with whatever results (Galder hopes- small war!)

Then, a small change. Original Episode II (now Episode III) was going to start with a prologue for both sides which did nothing to the main plots but acted as interesting interludes. That plan is now abandoned. Partly because of this re-synching and partly because I need to extend Dark Side play so it doesn't come in risk of over-taking off-line Dark Side play (and so have to stop as I would have no plot!), the Dark Side Prologue is being extended to consist of the entire Episode. More on that in a mo.

The Light Side prologue is now being broken away from the Episode entirely, and will now be played on its own.

Which means, once the Light Siders have done their xp spending etc. and the Dark Siders make their grab, whilst the Dark Siders are moving onto Part II of their Episode, the Light Siders are invited to play a one-off mini-episode, consisting of a single operation which is totally finished by the end of it. It will be a great intro to new players and also a good way to test out your xp spending (and grab a few more xp points as well). Furthermore, some players will be very personally motivated to play it once they see what the objective is. The interlude is set 18 months after Episode II. (Episode III is six months after that, hence two years after Episode II, and four years since the battle of Naboo, six before the battle of Geonosis.)

Everyone in the Light Side is working together for the interlude section. There will be a fight in the interlude, so bring your sabres. I don't want it to last more than a month.

Meanwhile, the Dark Siders will be playing their Part II. ASSUMING they complete the snatch and escape from the Ghost Citadel, Part II deals with the total conclusion of their current storyline, as they meet up with Doon and Kuylen, bringing the tablet, and have their future placed in front of them. As you know, this storyline since you landed on Demarus in May last year has been a prequel to your set-up for the new Campaign. Part II completes that set-up. Last time you were Sith wanna-bes- what will it be this time? Soon you will know. But in advance, I can say that the final part will be both aggravating (I know Galder is cut up about the prospect of Kuylen dying already, though to be fair I did warn you all that this Campaign would be Kuylen-less, I just didn't tell you why) and exceptionally satisfying.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 12th, 2005 at 09:55 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 11:48 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

With luck, the Light Side interlude and the Dark Side Part II will finish at the same time. Which only leaves the normal round of xp spending and prep before we start... da-da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaaaa! Episode III! And the new storyline of the second Campaign.

You will note the new campaign consists of several storylines rather than one big one. Mind you, they were basically three sequential storylines in the first Campaign- the first two Episodes in the Damagran Confederacy, the second two chasing down the Astrolabe, and the final one on Zeiton. However, they were all tied together by the Kuylen bootstrap in a way which does not quite happen with this Campaign. Instead, this Campaign has multiple storylines- some with a very heavy character focus. One storyline- the largest and nastiest- is the one the Light Side and Dark Side share. Once their prequel is done, this is in fact the only Dark Side story, whilst the Jedi get involved with all sorts of other shenanigians- the Techno Union storyline being one. However, the Campaign is most definitely thematically linked- by the change in the Galaxy, evidenced by the corruption at the heart of Coruscant and power and growth of the commerical organisations like the Techno-Union for the Jedi, and rather more simply by the sodding Bureau for the Dark Siders, who will forever act as their main limiter.

Eventually we will be left with just the one storyline for both sides which will conclude, in inevitably dramatic style, at the end of the Campaign, at the same time as the Battle of Geonosis, and will explain why none of the Light Side Jedi are at that battle. Don't ask me for details on that- I don't know them. All I know is that, as far as is currently planned, it finishes the Dark Side story entire- after it they will be dead or gone (with varying degrees of satisfaction depending on plot), as the Galaxy descends into the Clone Wars and then the Empire. Other than the possible Clone Wars campaign (Light Side only), subsequent tie-ups of any remaining plotlines would take place in the Empire vs. Rebels game, if that happens- which, incidentally, I may reveal the main plotline of soon, which will make some people very happy.

Anyway. All this is an age away. Coming up in about two-three months (depending on how things go) is the afore-mentioned Episode III.

Episode III itself will seem rather mundane- for the Dark Siders, as an extension of what was originally a deliberately mundane prologue, it will with any luck see the Dark Siders continuing their wacky evil adventures (basically, they are stealing stuff they need again- general criminality is their way...), but this time with a new-found sureness and the solid teamwork that one hopes they have now learned.

For the Light Siders, it's back to life as normal as the characters stop working as a small army and go back to their day to day lives. The Jedi have missions to do, whilst Xeth and his renegade buddies have become an offiicial organisation, backed by a quiet coalition of planets, looking into evil stuff to prevent things like the events of Episodes I and II happening again. This being the case, if there are enough Renegades, I may actually split the Renegade plotline off into its own thread, if players are amenable. This won't be an absolute break, as standard Jedi would be in there as well if they are investigating the same thing. But it might help to keep the threads more focussed- I know it can be a pain to reads through multiple plot-lines at once, especially if they don't affect you (and having just done the 'it was all actually one big case' trick, this time the different plotlines really will be different). So there would be one Jedi thread, one Renegade thread (also containing Jedi looking at the same case) and one Dark Side thread.

The Light Side plotlines will be solid Jedi stuff- one bunch of evil loons that need stopping the old fashioned way, one intense investigation that the Jedi are needed to put the final touch to, and one diplomatic situation that needs resolving with words rather than war. Enough to suit all tastes!

Fair enough, but where is that leading? More robberies for the Dark Side, more cases for the Light Side... is there actually a campaign plot at all? Oh boy yes. Episode III, I am hoping, will bring us into the 'Empire Strikes Back' period of the SW RP here at KMC. We've done all the establishing work. We know the characters. Now it is time to turn up the pressure- and I am hoping that its end will make people VERY keen to play more...

All that coming up then. Any questions or comments, feel free to post away!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 12th, 2005 at 09:56 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 11:48 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

We BETTER not wind up all dead....miffed

Ooh, stealing more stuff, looks like Rianna'll never be out of a job with this group....hehe!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As I've send before, Galder will not die! He's going to hide on Hoth, then go on suicidal attempts to kill Vader and the Emperor, then join the Rebellion so that he doesn't die, and then either die peacefully in isolation on Endor, or...er...something else... stick out tongue

Indeed, and Galder will never be without a job either! Always people to...eliminate... shifty

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:13 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaybee3
Lorn

Jeez you have put so much thought into this. Well done Ush mate. I'm enjoying this so far, it's been the most well structured RPG i've played so far on the net, grats for that :P Do you use the d20 Star Wars books?

Click the Sig to see more art by me, thanks in advance - Jaybee3

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 10:03 PM
jaybee3 is currently offline Click here to Send jaybee3 a Private Message Find more posts by jaybee3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Yaaaaaay!

16 months from Episode II? Holy moly thats nice! Looking forward to that... ANd Vlad as a Nautalian can meet Kit FIsto!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 10:13 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I do have the main SW D20 book (and in the past owned West End Games' old d6 version), which we use for reference sometimes.

Glad you are enjoying it!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 10:21 PM
The Rover

Wow....
That sounds great. wink

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:13 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Damn, it'll be a let down if we all die! Especially us darkies... We never hurt nobody.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:14 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

No...of course not...

remind me to find a better place to hide the bodies....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:45 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Shhhhhh!

They'll never know, never, I tell ya!

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:52 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Why cant we all just be nice and be friends? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:56 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

A Jedi has no need for "Friends" - they are attachment. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 01:50 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Galder has lots of friends! *draws faces on Galder's fingers*

See? The gangs all here...nuk nuk nuk nuk! *runs around in circles*

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 05:36 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I hate you. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 05:37 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

What's that? You're starting the finale with 30 damage? Pity... stick out tongue

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 05:38 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Woo-hoo! Different side brothers!

Other things to look forward to in the next storyline (Episodes III and IV) include:

1. The use of the Piloting system

2. A decidedly large war

3. Some glimpses into the origins of certain plotlines

4. A bunch of new villains- three major ones for the Light Side, and the Dark Side will not find itself wanting for enemies either

5. A deadlier than intended hockey game

6. A dangerous mission involving talking to pretty girls all day

7. Zombie Kuylen

One of these is untrue...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 12:36 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I am going to hope that 6 is a Dark Side mission, and that Zombie Kuylen is quite untrue...right?! Am I right?!?!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 06:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Could be the other way around!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 06:19 PM
General Zink
Bane

Rand is most displeased with six being false...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 06:21 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote