KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Soul Calibur III

Soul Calibur III
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spiral Goddess
Eternal Omega Red

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
I never liked SC2 that much, but I like SC3 a lot. the graphics aren't that much better or even better at all. but there are more characters. The custimization factor is pretty fun. Chronicles is WAY better than that really stupid weapon master thing from SC2, but my 1 complaint is, do they have 3 costumes or only 2 now?

In SC 3, they have 2 costumes.
You can edit the colors on 1P or 2P.

I'm a bit disappointed in Create a Character.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 11:28 PM
Spiral Goddess is currently offline Click here to Send Spiral Goddess a Private Message Find more posts by Spiral Goddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

You can create characters? We already had different choice of costumes for some characters so no change there... confused Nothing new. Hope they have more stages.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:58 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The create-a-character stuff is fun if you're simply fooling around trying to make your characters look interesting, but when it comes to things like creating characters from other games, movies and such, it fails a bit on the specifics.

I like the return of full cutscenes, similar to the old game.

Chronicles, while fun in its own right, is a bit weak in gameplay, but that may be because the other tactics games I'm playing are Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. Compared to them, Chronicles is like a bastard child with a gimmick. The difficulty also ramps up insanely in a relatively short time (I've tried three different plans with Chapter 10, and been slaughtered every time).

The Soul Arena challenges are an interesting change of pace, the huge roster of character is great, the voice acting is surprisingly decent for a fighting game, and the story is as traditionally convoluted as a SC story should be. All in all, the game suffers from some minor but aggravating flaws, but is worth buying.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 02:08 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiral Goddess
Eternal Omega Red

I still have no idea how to play CotS.
I played Soul Arena a few minutes ago.
I really hate Night Terror ! mad

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 03:36 AM
Spiral Goddess is currently offline Click here to Send Spiral Goddess a Private Message Find more posts by Spiral Goddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does someone know how to fight Night Terror in Tales of Souls?

It also sucks that he's not a playable character without a cheat device.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:07 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blue Dragon
You can create characters? We already had different choice of costumes for some characters so no change there... confused Nothing new. Hope they have more stages.
eek!

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 02:33 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Does someone know how to fight Night Terror in Tales of Souls?

It also sucks that he's not a playable character without a cheat device.
I know one way. With NM, on Tales of Souls, you have to pick a certain option each time you have to, first it's the second, then the first, the rest are all the second option. Also, you can't lose once, and the hardest fight you'll have will probably be Setsuka(excluding NT)

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 04:20 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I tried that before and it didn't work though I'll try it again. Anyways I found him this morning battling through Tales of Souls with Siegfried. NT was pretty hard to defeat at first and as a result of beating him I unlocked the Final Battle mission. Amy is a b*tch in that game. In one of the missions all of her attacks are unblockable and her blade's on fire, and you have to defeat Raphael and Kilik both armed with their legendary weapons one at a time consecutively before reaching Amy. I kicked her ass with Siegfried nonetheless.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 04:32 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

This is why I hate SC III :

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 09:06 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

LMAO

Is this only regarding Yoshimitsu or every other character in SCIII?

Jinpachi from T5 was cheap like that too.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 09:47 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow that was the cheapest shit I've ever seen.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:56 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Wow that was the cheapest shit I've ever seen.

Yeah, 3's gameplay is made like shit so that can happen.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 11:46 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Guilty Gear
LMAO

Is this only regarding Yoshimitsu or every other character in SCIII?

Jinpachi from T5 was cheap like that too.
its a glitch in the cancel system, so every character can do something like this

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 04:03 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, Namco goofed when they made SCIII stick out tongue

In Siegfried's profile, when he's supposed to say "Shut up!" he says "You're not going anywhere", lmao.

Some of the voiceovers didn't correspond with the text on the bottom. I know two of Seigfried's.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:47 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't hate SCIII.smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:11 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's my favorite Soul Calibur so far.

I didn't notice the glitch since I only play against the computer.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:35 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I don't see how 3 is so great, 1 & 2 are far better, and I never played the Ps1 game, Soul Edge?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 04:06 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

soul edge was pimp

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:29 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by JToTheP
I don't see how 3 is so great, 1 & 2 are far better, and I never played the Ps1 game, Soul Edge?
Yeah, I remember disliking 2 for a while.. and then when 3 came out with VC Glitch, I ran to 2 with open arms embarrasment

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:12 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Yeah, I remember disliking 2 for a while.. and then when 3 came out with VC Glitch, I ran to 2 with open arms embarrasment

Yeah, 3 sucks, horrible gameplay, and the bonus modes are no good either. The story mode is trash either, whoever the hell wanted the Resident Evil 4 button press, they should of made it more obvious than putting it in the CORNER of the SCREEN!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:52 PM