KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Soul Calibur III

Soul Calibur III
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

im getting it either way because I enjoy # II quite a bit.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 10:36 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sai12
I say they go for all of them! PS2 only!? Bah! That's horrible! I bet they'll change their colors once they realize how little they make or how much they could!! Proud Xbox owner speaking!!
Probably will be exclusive for a few months, then better versions will be out for the box and cube.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2005 03:00 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hopefully 3 isnt as disappointing as 2

mad WHAT! mad

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 08:46 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

You obviously didnt play the first soul calibur.. or you'd probably come to agree with me

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 10:08 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Two for the cube was a great game in my opinion.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 11:24 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

You obviously didnt play the first soul calibur.. or you'd probably come to agree with me
Ok you got me there

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 01:54 AM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Re: Soul Calibur III

Originally posted by Draco69
Discuss.

Namco unveiled details on Soul Calibur III today and confirmed the game's release this year in the US. The title is the third entry in the Soul Calibur series, Namco's impressive weapon-based fighting franchise that began on the original PlayStation. According to currently available information, it appears that, unlike its predecessor Soul Calibur II, the game will be exclusive to the PlayStation 2 when it ships sometime this year.

While Namco didn't reveal a great deal of information, there were still some nice tidbits on what to expect. The game's story will apparently revolve around a mysterious individual who revives Nightmare, everyone's favorite demonic armor-clad warrior. This is clearly a perfect excuse for some one-on-one combat. The game's roster will feature three new fighters, bringing the tally of playable characters to more than 25. Setsuka is a busty umbrella-wielding fighter who is sporting some platform flip-flops and a sword housed in her parasol. While her last name hasn't been revealed, we half expect her to be a cousin of Mai Shiranui of Fatal Fury fame. The second character is a green-clad female named Kira, who's wielding either the world's biggest chakram or the world's most badass hula hoop. Finally, the last and most striking of the characters is an African fighter named Zasalamel, who sports a distinctly Egyptian flavor and is rocking a wicked-looking scythe with a bird motif.

Namco has touched on several new modes that are in line with the game types we've seen in previous entries in the series, although some of these modes sport new names. The tale of souls mode sounds like the traditional single-player experience we've played in previous games, and it will have you playing through the game with each character in order to view their unique ending sequences. The versus standard mode will let you face off against a friend. Chronicles of the sword is an intriguing new mode that ties in with another new addition to the Soul Calibur experience, character creation. This original feature will let you create your own character by choosing its sex, occupation, weapon, and some physical characteristics. Once you've made your virtual self, you can take the character into the chronicles of the sword mode, which is billed as a real-time simulation that lets you watch your character engage in battles. Although the info provided on the mode is a bit sketchy, we expect that it may be similar to the artificial intelligence mode seen in Virtua Fighter 4.

Mention of a world competition mode hints at a competition wherein you'll have to climb through the ranks of fighters, which sounds like some form of ranked tournament-style ladder. Practice mode appears to be the obligatory mode that lets you practice your moves on a hapless AI opponent whose behavior you can customize. Soul arena mode surely promises unique battles of some kind. Finally, a museum mode will let you view the franchise history as well as all the content you've unlocked in your butt-kicking travels. The last bit of information revealed mentions familiar stage locations that include a castle in Germany, a shrine in Greece, and the top of a clock tower.

Unfortunately, both the fact sheet and Namco itself were unable to shed light on two questions that were burning in our minds, namely whether or not Soul Calibur III will feature online play and whether or not the game would see an arcade release of some kind. Hopefully we'll get word on that soon. Until then, PlayStation 2 owners can look forward to Soul Calibur III sometime this year. Look for more as soon as it becomes available.
im gettin it eek!

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 10:22 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Does anybody besides me think the character customization could use some work?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 09:28 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yuna33
'Cuz i'm hot like that!

There's gonna be a 3rd one?! Yay!
when is it comming out?
^I like the sig.big grin

I've gone in search of myself. If I come back before I return, keep me here. big grin

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 09:57 PM
Yuna33 is currently offline Click here to Send Yuna33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yuna33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Later this year in the US and Europe. I'm not sure when it'll be released in Japan.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 10:14 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Yuna33
^I like the sig.big grin
Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 10:18 PM
Yuna33
'Cuz i'm hot like that!

lol!

I've gone in search of myself. If I come back before I return, keep me here. big grin

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 12:02 AM
Yuna33 is currently offline Click here to Send Yuna33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yuna33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shroons

there was nothing new?.. it was like playing a crappier version of sc1 except with new characters

that didnt make sense. you said there wasnt anything new, but then u said there was new characters. and the dunce cap goes to u kid!!!
SC2 was a great game!!! mad

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 04:22 AM
Shroons is currently offline Click here to Send Shroons a Private Message Find more posts by Shroons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

...right...

anyways can someone please post the official site?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 06:04 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by FullMetalLover1
that didnt make sense. you said there wasnt anything new, but then u said there was new characters. and the dunce cap goes to u kid!!!
SC2 was a great game!!! mad
yeah.. and then you woke up [perhaps with a dunce cap of your very own] ... havent you heard the expression "Same shit, new wrapper" ? tsk tsk... its probably people like you that bought all 3 DBZ Budoukai's

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 12:52 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

is it just me or do all GC owners on this thread seem more bothered about not being able to play as Link than actually being able to play the game.

I believe Jkozzy is right it's gonna be like Splinter cell remeber that was a Xbox exclusive for a few months but then it came out on ps2

and we all know about Mgs (metal gear solid) that was a Ps exclusive but now almost all the consoles have a version of that game.

so GC and Xbox fans sholdn't fret of course yur gonna get your versions of SC3 just not before us PS2 owners get it first. heh wink

On a side note Why does eveyone love link in SC2 so much he was rubbish he was an awful character to play with his attacks weren't that hard to dodge and they left him soo wide open for Counterattack's or parries it was a joke though he did have one of the best weps in the game the fairy sword but even with that he sucked

i played xbox as well as GC and spawn was much better than Link

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 24th, 2005 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:14 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It was fun to play as Link. But he was a god awful character. His attacks were slow for a person his size and his projectile attacks are ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:17 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENDER_17

iīm so exited about the fighter creation mode
it would be really cool to create a own weapon to what do you think?( i now its hard to realize in the game)

Attachment: kopie von kopie von mb-rock_fdn.jpg
This has been downloaded 50 time(s).

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:49 PM
BENDER_17 is currently offline Click here to Send BENDER_17 a Private Message Find more posts by BENDER_17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

What characters are in it? Show some pictures.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:57 AM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
On a side note Why does eveyone love link in SC2 so much he was rubbish he was an awful character to play with his attacks weren't that hard to dodge and they left him soo wide open for Counterattack's or parries it was a joke though he did have one of the best weps in the game the fairy sword but even with that he sucked
i played xbox as well as GC and spawn was much better than Link

lol I wouldnt go 'that' far with that last comment about link sucking more than spawn.. but personally I found all the "celebrity characters" boring and 2 dimensional.. it was like "ok.. um.. they're here.. pheer them!"

spawn was like a crappier version of necrid.. if thats even imaginable.. link with his smash melee inspired moves that were easily parryable.. and heihachi.. ugh.. that was just dumb... there were many other deserving characters to put in SC.. and they went and used heihachi..

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 11:48 AM