KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Soul Calibur III

Soul Calibur III
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

No because the final roster hasnt been determined.. the game is still in developement process

but instead, you can have a cookie, in the form of wallpapers from SC3
^_^

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_wall.asp?id=18110

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:44 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Rumor is that Dante of the DMC games may be a playable character.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:06 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

three are confirmed (the new characters)
three can be assumed to be (taki, misturugi and ivy all can be seen in SSs)

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:33 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Misturugi--"you'll be in hell...before me" Sweet!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:37 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mistah DEVIL
Can we talk about ppl who are actually gonna be in SC3?

whats really to say about them? Also i highly doubt that Dante would be in there since that would be inconsistent with his series to the SC series.

Blue dragon: what difficulty do you usually play on?hard? easy? normal? what?! (its not a hard question)

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 05:38 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

If heihachi link and spawn can show up in SC3 Dante sure as hell can!! Dante has guest starred in 2 other games already.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 05:44 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

that doesnt make any sense because 1, you have to have a legitimate reason as why they are in that universe. 2nd of all the GC/Xbox/PS thing was just a nice incentive to lure for people to play the game. Since They are now doing PS2 only i doubt theyll do it again. 3rd of all have you even considered the massive royalties they will have to pay in order to get dante?

all in all i find it highly improbable that he will be in it.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 05:48 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

I don't know about royalties? Cuz capcom published Viewtiful Joe for PS2 and the guy who did character designs for SMTN (what ever the name of that game is) designed dantes devil form in dmc3. And namco and capcom have already collaborated how do you think the dante rumor got started?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:13 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

I'm not sure...I read about in the the lastest issue of Game informer.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:15 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

satsujin you seem like a smart person

but i have been reading your argument about the graphics and............

.....well i am sorry to say(just like in the samus vs MC thread) that you are once again.....incorrect.

basically SC was only for 1 console so namco took full advantage of it's capabilities which resulted in it being the best looking fighting game of it's time

even better than it's arcade Counterpart

However with SC2 it was being made for 3 consoles the code had to be easily portable therfore namco never pushed any of the consoles like they did first time round. Resulting in it not being the best looking fighting game of this generation.

However it being a later generation inherently it's graphics are considerably better than the previous installment.

So i am sorry to say that the graphics in SC2 are much better than that in SC1

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 27th, 2005 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:22 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lmao plz.. you seem to not know the difference between just one step up from another resolution, and a totally new ballpark.. soul calibur for dreamcast is even used today as an excellent sample for the colors of most monitors at computer shows (and yes its better than its counterpart at the AC)... soul calibur 2 however is very stale.. its the same nonsense.. but one step up (from dreamcast SC).. tekken 4 to tekken 5 anyone?.. and Im sadly not incorrect in the other thread either.. you took trash from a novel and shoved it into the game (the game came first mind you) .. tsk tsk.. perhaps you should actually get 'into' video games before you start slamming my standpoints

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:45 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
Blue dragon: what difficulty do you usually play on?hard? easy? normal? what?! (its not a hard question)

Ermm...I don't know, you can change difficult mode can't you? I forget because I haven't gone to the options in a while now but probably normal mode, I check that for you.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
well.. you beat your friends quite easily but you lost to repetative moves.. thats sortof inconsitant in a manner of speaking.. however if that were me I woulda punished her with repetition 10 times over (ie. knock her to the floor and then stomp her til she died or fell off the stage.. whichever came first)

Yeah...but I'm not use to the repetative attacking so I was stumped, everytime I was knocked to the ground she knocked me over again... mad

I was like "You don't know how to play the game!" she says "But I'm winning!" She doesn't get it....but I did manage to block quick enough just before she attacked then I killed the living out of her! stick out tongue

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:48 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah you gotta find a move that has a quick animation and a deep consequence for the enemy if they get hit (such as getting stunned badly, or flat out getting knocked to the ground).. popping them up into the air is also a great starter for punishment.. dont rely too much on parry, unless something is really obvious.. my nephew tried his button mashing on me and I lost one round.. next 12 rounds he got it so bad he quit the game.. Im not the type to let kids win sad

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 11:02 PM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

I dont let kids win either but I always go 3 rounds with them. You got to give em theres moneys worth at the arcade. I love to help them win against other ppl though. big grin

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 11:10 PM
sai12
its all in my head

Hehe....Well, since you guys did mention the first Soul Calibur which came out on Dreamcast. I just have to agree, the game really hasn't gotten all that much better. Some new characters a few new things to do, but its the same *sigh* I hate to have to agree with the people who are basically bashing the SC games, but can't deny the truth. I really hope they pick up the pace and make SC3 better than the previous ones. SC1 is still the best in my opinion, too bad my Dreamcast died. Heh...guess we will just have to wait and see what happens with that whole "exclusive" thing. smile

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 11:25 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

Originally posted by Mistah DEVIL
I don't know about royalties? Cuz capcom published Viewtiful Joe for PS2 and the guy who did character designs for SMTN (what ever the name of that game is) designed dantes devil form in dmc3. And namco and capcom have already collaborated how do you think the dante rumor got started?

is that a statement or a question? in case you don't take economics sometime. you'll realize that there's alot of red tape that needs to be cut before someones intellectual property can be used.

Originally posted by Mainstream
I'm not sure...I read about in the the lastest issue of Game informer.

yes i read that magazine as well. They feature a section of rumors that could be dead on or totally baseless. either way they are just rumors and not to be taken seriously.

also have any of you even considered the concept of Dante being in that game? In case you didn't notice Dante is a guy who has a sword as big as Nightmares, twin guns (ebony and ivory) that could take them all out in a matter of seconds, and speed that rivals Taki.

If Dante was in that game it would be a terrible terrible game due to the fact that he could easily annihilate anyone in it. Namco's stupid but i don't think they're that stupid.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 05:10 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

No because the final roster hasnt been determined.. the game is still in developement process

but instead, you can have a cookie, in the form of wallpapers from SC3
^_^

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_wall.asp?id=18110

heh thanks for the link man.

but i was wondering...whats up with tira? why is her hair blue?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 05:14 AM
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

yeah you gotta find a move that has a quick animation and a deep consequence for the enemy if they get hit (such as getting stunned badly, or flat out getting knocked to the ground).. popping them up into the air is also a great starter for punishment.. dont rely too much on parry, unless something is really obvious.. my nephew tried his button mashing on me and I lost one round.. next 12 rounds he got it so bad he quit the game.. Im not the type to let kids win sad

Yeah, flat or on the ground is no place to be! Very vurable there & useless getting up.... mad Just try a block & you'll be quick to defend yourself but that only worked when I one my first round or two.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 07:55 AM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

satujin plz that trash your referring to in the that thread is apparently the official history of master cheif from bungie and plz don't say oh cuz it never happened in the game then you can't say it cuz that's wrong.

If you read my posts then i not only gave official facts and proof of his abilities but i also tried to explain where they were represented in the game the only (if that) official facts you guys can come up with that samus had "any" abilities with her chozo blood is some silly e-manga

As i tried to tell you if we played Halo wit MC's full range of abilities we would be like gods in the game and it wouldn't be enjoyable

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 28th, 2005 at 09:00 AM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 08:58 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO

If Dante was in that game it would be a terrible terrible game due to the fact that he could easily annihilate anyone in it. Namco's stupid but i don't think they're that stupid.

I think it be cool if Dante in SC.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 10:51 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote