KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Dungeons and Dragons RPG Game thread: "Eastern Storm Rising"

Dungeons and Dragons RPG Game thread: "Eastern Storm Rising"
Started by: Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

Dungeons and Dragons RPG Game thread: "Eastern Storm Rising"

.......Welcome to the first part of my Alvadurian Campaign: "Eastern Storm Rising"...........

- Sarwyn: The city smelled like a burst-open spice-rack. Sure it has its flaws but it felt good to have solid ground under your feet once again. After those weeks of tracking lost cattle in the Rundarion mountains a bath would be a welcome threat. But first to the Joyful Halfling to meet with your contractor and getting your pay.

- Ander: There it is, finally, Takuna-Sato the city itself. After hearing so many tails about the wondrous metropolis filled with all the spices from both east and west, busier than a wasps nest. It hardly looks that big. Maybe those stories were exaggerated after all. Only one way to find out. Maybe you'll find that guy, Bail, your uncle is always talking about. What was the name of that damn Tavern again? Aah the Dwarven Barelle that was the place.

- Rusky: For the first time out alone in the city. Be back before the next full moon they said Plenty of time to find some adventure and combat evil wherever it may occur. The years of training have paid off. You can feel eyes watching you as you walk through the streets. For the first time in your life you feel as if nothing is going wrong. No evil lurking in the darkness up ahead. Only adventure and ways to please your god.

- Vash: The city at last it's been a few days since they lost your trail but in these open fields they can easily find you again. No place to hide like the richest city in the world. Altho stealing that gem might have been a mistake I can live of this thing for years to come
Standing on a small hill top you can see the city laying there Ripe for the pickings. Only that damn toll bridge to cross and you're all clear to get started.

(DMs note:
- I will not always do it like this just the opening posts.
- You all start with some baggage which you didn't choose but were given anywayz
- Be sure to check out the character Thread to see your characters final look and the clarifications of their abilities
- The rules thread will be uped later on, no need for that right now.
- The campaign info thread also holds a map of the city. I will explain all the numbers on the map as your character get to know them.)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Last edited by Fire on Apr 11th, 2005 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 06:53 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ander heads toward the centre of the city, all the while looking around as if expecting to see the tavern just by the main throughfare. He decides that the best place to start from is the centre, surely somebody will be able to give him directions from there.
Out of curiosity he tries to spot each and every civic guard on the streets.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:13 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

You see quite a few civic guards, tho not heavily armed.
Walking done what appears to be one of the main roads you see a Cathedral coming up. It appears to be a Cathedral for Heironeous smack in the middle of this overwhelming city. On the square surrounding the cathedral there's a market. They're selling everything from livestock to arms and armour. Chances are someone will indeed know that Tavern.

"Excuse me sir? you looking to buy a nice sword?" asks a man from behind you.

"Or maybe some apples" asks the older woman from her fruit-stand a bit further away

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:20 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ander smiles a the traders and the armourer, then walks to the old woman.
"I'll take that offer of an apple, if I may," he says in his best accent, "I was wondering, I've bee told to meet an old friend here but as I'm sure you can tell I really don't know Takuna-Sato too well. Would you perhaps know of a place called the Dwarven Barelle?"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:32 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Sarwyn took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the city. On familiar ground, she made her way to the Joyful Halfling. The sooner she settled her business, the better.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:34 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Sure walk around the church and take Unicorn Road then about the 20th street on your left handside, small buidling but a friendly place. That will be 5 copper pieces for the apple sir."

You reach the familiar sight of The Joyful Halfling. Small building, typical halfling style. About 4 ft high, round windows on either side of the oval green door. The whole building is painted White with a yellow roof. After ducking and opening the door you decent down a few stairs and are able to stand. Your contractor is sitting at a round table in the back near the fireplace. Tim and Tom (halfling twins) are behind the bar chattering like two school girls.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:40 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ander walks off, thanking the woman for the directions and gives her a ten copper piece. He heads around the cathedral and looks for Unicorn road, then follows the directions.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:49 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

A smile lighting up her face, Sarwyn nodded a greeting to Tim and Tom. Her eyes travelled all over the room, spotting her contractor in the back and she walked towards his table.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 07:59 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

After a while you reach "The Dwarven Barelle" a two story building made out of stone with a nice big door which is standing open. From inside comes the warm laughter of dwarves. As soon as you stick your head inside you can smell the tabacco and roasted meat. You're having a bit of trouble breathing because of the smoke. However this place feels like home for some reason.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:01 PM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

(we're all in the same city right ?)

Rusky takes a deep breath... closes his eyes... and decides to head towards the local Tavern, to hear the popular stories, and have pint of ale. (heh, nobody see a drunk paladin before ?? big grin )

Have fun||

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:02 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(yep you all are in the same city)

Euhm which Tavern there are about 6?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:04 PM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

(does it matter ? smile the closest one)

Have fun||

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:05 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ander walks toward the bar slowly, locking gazes with anyone who stares at him, then smiling and continuing on. He's checking the room for anybody not so dwarven.

If he doesn't see them before he reaches the bar, he asks the barman for Bail.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:14 PM
Fire

That will be the "Inn of Iron"

You know this inn quite well it is big a building a former warehouse. So there is very little light inside. The interior speaks for itself a lot of it is done with Iron and steel (Art Nouveau kinda style) The bartender, Barvak, calls you over after you enter
"Good day my friend, what can I do for you today?"

There are a couple of humans in the bar, Ander.
When you ask the Bartender he points to a man sitting at table in the corner quite a big fella with a brown leather skirt and a bald spot on his head.

Last edited by Fire on Apr 11th, 2005 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:15 PM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

"Hello bartender. I would like some Ale. And some news on what's been happening lately would be appreciated also."

Have fun||

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:25 PM
Fire

(you can address him with his First name if you want Rusky)

"Not much happening lately, that is atleast nothing unusual. Altho there is word a carnival would arrive in town tomorrow. That's got to be interesting. Besides that nothing much happening here."
*hands you an ale*

"That will be 5 copper pieces lad"

Last edited by Fire on Apr 11th, 2005 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 08:29 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ander wanders over to Bail's table.
"May I have this seat," he asks the man, openly surveying him, "My uncle sent me. He said I should meet you."

Change uncle for [uncle's name]. Lol.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 09:19 PM
Fire

"Ah.. How is the old geaser. Been a while since I last saw him. Good man brew a mighty ale, I ain't bad myself if I may say so."

Last edited by Fire on Apr 11th, 2005 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 09:53 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vash walks up to the toll bridge, hiding what he stole sleathily. "May I come through? ANd how much is that toll?"

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 10:01 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"He told me to tell you that he was well... And then told me to wish you well," Ander paused, thinking, "In fact, he never told me what else I had to say to you. Perhaps I'm meant to help you in some way?"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 10:01 PM