KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Multi-Author Fiction Area » X-Men Dark Moon 2 (Angie come!)

X-Men Dark Moon 2 (Angie come!)
Started by: SalemKent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah: here it they are

MAN OF STEEL: A Tom Welling interview by Angie Valentine at the WB

'I kind of fell into modeling'

Smallville's Tom Welling tells us what it's like to play an adolescent Clark Kent and why becoming an actor was the scariest thing he'd ever done.

The WB: We need to get the really important questions for our viewers out of the way. Are you seeing anyone?
Tom: Yes.

The WB: We hear you are new to this whole acting business. What were you doing before this?
Tom: I kind of fell into modeling. It was fun. I did some print work, some commercial work in New York. I had a great time, but acting is what I want to be doing.

The WB: It seems to be working out. Before Smallville you had guest-starred on a number of episodes of Judging Amy. What was it like to find out you had gotten the lead on a new show?
Tom: It was great! I was really excited.

The WB: How did you find out you'd gotten the role on Smallville?
Tom: Actually, I went to the final screen test and on my way home I stopped at a gas station and I called my manager to tell him how it went, because I don't have a cell phone or anything. So I'm at a pay phone. By the time I called, they had already called him to tell him I had it. And so it was kind of like "Hey, the audition went well!" And he goes, "Yeah, I know. You got it." I didn't believe it at first.

The WB: Is it weird playing the role of Superman?
Tom: Well, oddly enough, it can all be forgotten because, basically, it precludes everything else. There is no Superman at this point.

The WB: In other words, we get to see what it would have been like to sit next to Clark Kent in algebra class, way before he went on to superhero fame?
Tom: Clark is a kid in high school who's got a lot of secrets and he's looking for understanding from the people around him, and trying to find out who he is and what his purpose in life is. The superhuman powers that he does have are just now coming about. He's had his strength since he was a child but as far as the x-ray vision goes, those things are just kind of happening to him. They come and go and he has no control over them.

The WB: So, in addition to acne and his voice cracking, poor Clark would have to worry about sneezing and accidentally blowing down a wall?
Tom: Down the line he'll have some x-ray vision where he won't necessarily be able to see people without their clothes on, but maybe see into their hearts. Or maybe he'll see into their stomachs and see what food they're digesting. It's not always going to be a pleasant thing.

The WB: What's a typical night out for you?
Tom: Dinner at about 8 p.m., home by 10.

The WB: Are you serious?
Tom: Yeah. I guess I'm just a homebody. I go out every once in a while.

The WB: So we're not going to see you in any of the tabloids?
Tom: Probably not.

The WB: You're not going to set fire to any hotel rooms?
Tom: No, I haven't done that for years.

The WB: What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
Tom: My move to Los Angeles to become an actor is probably the craziest thing I've done. It probably put me at the most risk in my life - financially, romantically, professionally, everything. It was just a really big step to take.

"I guess I'm just a homebody."

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:17 PM
SalemKent is currently offline Click here to Send SalemKent a Private Message Find more posts by SalemKent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

NICE big grin

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:23 PM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, and here's Kristin:

CLARK'S OLD GIRL: A Kristin Kruek Interview by Angie Valentine

kristin KREUK

'I am a shy person.'

Growing up in Canada, the last thing Kristin Kreuk expected to become was famous. With a starring role on the new WB show Smallville, all of that is about to change. Here, Kristin dishes about what it feels like to be the new girl in town.
The WB: Give us the scoop on Smallville...
Kristin: Well, the story is inspired by Superman, but it's about Clark Kent and what it's like for him growing up in this small town and what happens to him when he starts to discover he has certain powers.

The WB: And you're the lucky girl he chooses as his love interest?
Kristin: In a way. Clark really likes Lana (my character) but they've never really had a chance to get to know one another, until now.

The WB: What's Lana like?
Kristin: When the show starts off, Lana is the popular girl at school. She's smart and she's the cheerleader type. But, there's a lot more to her than that. She lost her parents when she was really young so there's a lot of loneliness to deal with too.

The WB: How does it feel to have your first really big acting job?
Kristin: I can't believe how lucky I am to have this opportunity. I'm just so happy. I also think I'm still in shock. This whole thing kind of fell into my lap.

The WB: So you're not the type who was born wanting to be an actress?
Kristin: I grew up in Canada and I took theater classes through out high school. I enjoyed it, but my real plan was to attend University.

The WB: Were you discovered by accident?
Kristin: Kind of. One day some producers called my school. They were looking to cast a teen soap and my teacher suggested I go to the audition. I wound up getting the part and everything has just fallen in to place since then.

The WB: Does that mean you're putting college on hold?
Kristin: For the time being yes. When I first started doing professional acting I really didn't think I had the talent for it. I was planning on using the money I made from the soap to pay for school.

The WB: What were you planning to study?
Kristin: I wanted to be a forensic scientist for a long time. I thought it was the most interesting thing ever in the 6th and 7th grade - just to be able to try and figure out how a crime happened. It's like putting the pieces of a puzzle together. Solving mysteries seemed like it would be fun, scary and exciting all at the same time.

The WB: And now?
Kristin: Obviously forensics will have to wait. I love this job. I am working with the most talented group of people and I'm doing things I never thought were possible. It's also scary because I am a shy person and now all of a sudden I'm in this totally new place. I'm not that great at meeting new people and having to, well, talk. I'm not good at small talk, conversations with strangers. The most amazing thing is that I never thought I could do this as a career and here I am. So for now I'm just going to ride it out. When the train stops... I'll get off and go to university.

"Obviously forensics will have to wait."

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:25 PM
SalemKent is currently offline Click here to Send SalemKent a Private Message Find more posts by SalemKent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

Very cool, Rowan. big grin I'm sure your magazine's awesome.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:34 PM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks, go to the thread named Hogwarts: Next Generation.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:36 PM
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

k cool

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:38 PM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 10:42 PM
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

so I do like this idea of yours, Rowan cool

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:18 AM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks, Angie.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:20 AM
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

no prob wink

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:23 AM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I think of anything else, I tell you.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:26 AM
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

alright, cool big grin

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:37 AM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 02:39 AM