KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » ryu and ken vs scorpion and sub-zero

ryu and ken or scorp and sub
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
ryu and ken 9 30.00%
scoripn and sub-zero 21 70.00%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ryu and ken vs scorpion and sub-zero
Started by: legacy92

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Agreed. MK's always been stale IMO.

Same crap as Tekken's 10 hit combos. Except in Tekken you can pull off juggles, okizame etc. and JFs were introduced in later games.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 10:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
If you were to take away the various balancing issues, Sub-Zero really could be nigh invincible in H2H. You can't "block" ice, and once frozen, your frozen. Your body shuts down and so your basically stuck. And Sub-Zero only needs to hit you once, anywhere, to freeze you. So if Sub-Zero actually used his ice powers to there full capabilities he could essentially solo these two.
That also applies to SF using their full-power moves that have shown to be more destructive in alot of instances, without waiting to "charge up" or "power up". A "fireball" would set Subby on Fire, and Ken's shruken has flames on it, the ice isn't a big threat when compared to someone like Gill who can create and UN-create fire and ice.

Not to say Scorp and Sub are pushovers. They really have alot of advantages open to them, but SF isn't without theirs. It's so hard for me to argue on this forum because the exact media and rules aren't ever clear, that and the fact that SF hasn't been updated in ages canonically and we have alot of speculation.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 11:16 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
It became MORE of a problem with the newer ones because the combos were preprogrammed without the ability to really customize or innovate them. MK would never get any serious tourney play.

I'm talking about the actual gameplay, MK's gameplay is superficial because while on the outside it looks like you're doing alot, you are really just mashing the same button commands in that are given to you. In the older ones you could actually invent more combos, but that was because juggling was more broken than it is now (even though it still is).

I don't hate MK, but it's fighting engine isn't a serious one, it is a fun game though, but even MvC2 had a bit more depth.

I disagree where I feel that capcom games are more for button mashing than MK, MK IS a bit more broken up, but I don't find it too distracting, it's definitely not as good as tekkan games or doa3 but neither is sf. erm

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 03:44 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah!

SF is better.

no expression

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:14 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Opinion. Not a fact.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neg, my opinion is law.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:18 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Neg, my opinion is law.
What the f**k?
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Opinion. Not a fact.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:24 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

D'unt make me destroy you, SBP. You're the only Porto Rican (Sp?) I know.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:25 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pitiful Troll
And spam, just like most of your post. Infact, weren't you banned for spamming so much? laughing
Like the spam you posted on that very page. Gee, how hypocritical can you get?

And it's funny, since it's coming from the person who was on the verge of getting banned himself for pestering members. laughing

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Aug 1st, 2007 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:30 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

*Slaps Guilty with MJOLNIR*

THY SHALL NOT POST SHIT WHILST ODINSON IS HERE

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:32 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has not an effect, for I am wearing the MJOLNIR VI armor.

As for the topic at hand, Zero and Scorps win for the reasons mentioned already.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Aug 1st, 2007 at 04:42 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:36 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Agreed. MK's always been stale IMO.

Same crap as Tekken's 10 hit combos. Except in Tekken you can pull off juggles, okizame etc. and JFs were introduced in later games.
Nah. MK was good, MK2 was great. Then they just forgot how to make a good game & they never really remembered it. Tekken's 10 hits can be stopped & blocked if your knuckle game is that tight

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:53 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I know how to stop the 10-hits. I was merely stating the 10-hit combos are the same as later MK combos because they take no skill at all.

Low Parry(which everyone has after tekken tag) > 10 hit combos
Reversals > 10 hit combos
crouching & poking > 10 hit combos
blocking > 10 hit combos with no low hits

So yeah...10 hit combos are useless unless you're fighting scrubs.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 1st, 2007 at 05:08 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:06 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know how to stop the 10-hits. I was merely stating the 10-hit combos are the same as later MK combos because they take no skill at all.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:08 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by jinzin
I disagree where I feel that capcom games are more for button mashing than MK, MK IS a bit more broken up, but I don't find it too distracting, it's definitely not as good as tekkan games or doa3 but neither is sf. erm
The last part is mostly opinion, but MK definitely has a tendency to mash and w/ basic moves making it a short learning curve. Parrying, amongst other things kept SF fun to play and gave you an incentive to do well in them to give you a large edge.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:08 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Guilty Gear

Look 10 hit combos are gay and easily dealt with.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:11 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look 10 hit combos are gay and easily dealt with.
Not ones that are unpredictable. Some 10 hit combos for characters start off the same way but they change half-way through, and hitting characters from the side or behind render them useless to counter hits.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:21 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Not ones that are unpredictable. Some 10 hit combos for characters start off the same way but they change half-way through, and hitting characters from the side or behind render them useless to counter hits.

10-hit combos make my day. They usually mean a free low parry which links into an Electric Wind God Fist which then links to a devastating juggle.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:30 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidestepping + 10-hit combo FTW

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:50 AM