KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Punisher versus Batman

Punisher versus Batman
Started by: lukester

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jplatinum
Who says Frank doesn't keep his fighting skills up in his spare time.
Anyway, he still has his skills, point blank.
Whether he uses them alot is irrelavant cause he still has the knowledge and can still apply the knowledge.
So he could still give bat's a good fight.
Usually crossovers are crap.
They are popularity contests.
Batman standing there and taking a point blank punch in the face from Punisher doesn't even sound right.
He would have at least been stumbled back a couple steps, if Punisher really hit him hard.
So don't even quote that , man.
You know crossovers are rarely fair to the less popular character so thats why I say don't even quote that, man.
One of the only fare crossover's was He-Man versus Superman Prime.
Superman Prime was scared for his life and He-Man went toe-to-toe and could've won,even though he was way less popular.
That was one the the very very few fare crossovers.
peace.

Okay man, I won't quote that man, I won't quote that maaaan!

It was still a well written comic, regardless of whether it was
a crossover or not, maaan.

And yes, someone who is a trained fighter can be able to take
a direct punch wihtout falling back. Go watch a boxing match to
see it happen, man.

Punisher is no contest to Batman. Batman kick his a** from
here to next century, man.

And you can quote me on that, maaaaaan!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 02:14 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was a good impression of me.
"Been practicing,huh?"
"Man you come right out of a comic book."

laughing

That was good,man.

Last edited by jplatinum on Apr 16th, 2005 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 02:22 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chronic
Restricted

Account Restricted

batman could kick punishers self centered ass

pull up your pants before i put a quarter in it pirate^thanks arcane^

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 02:32 PM
chronic is currently offline Click here to Send chronic a Private Message Find more posts by chronic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukester
The Fallen Angel

... Punisher is fully trained in all forms of hand-to-hand combat; it says so in THE OFFICIAL MARVEL ENCYCLOPEDIA VOLUMES 1 AND 5.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 12:46 PM
lukester is currently offline Click here to Send lukester a Private Message Find more posts by lukester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Batman is a better fighter then Punisher, thats a give in but it isn't like he wont be able to keep up. Batman will have the edge at the start of the fight but he's odds go down hill from their. Frank's damage soak is insane and his endurance is top of the line as well, he just wont stop coming. In the end I think Frank would come out on top.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 01:13 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

lol

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 02:57 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by King Burger
They faught already in what I thought was a pretty
well-written and drawn cross-over.

Classic scene at the end, Punisher punches Batman
right in the face, Batman just looks at him and
says: "I let you have that one because I know you
thought I deserved it" (or something like that).
Punisher then throws another punch at Batman,
and Batman just catches it with one hand, and say
"I said JUST ONE!" (Hopefully I remembered it
correctly).

Kick-a** scene!!

Batman mops the floor with Castle.

While the crossover was not poorly written or drawn in the technicale sense of the word. It;s treatment of character was poor in places. Mostly on the Punisher side. In other words Batmans jobber aura seemed to be running on over drive even filtering down to Robin.

One needs only look at the opponents the Punisher fight to realise Batman punking him out that easily is border line idiocy. After all the Punisher can go hand to hand with Captain America, Dardevil, Wolverine, and even Spider-man all people that are at the very least more or less equal to batman.

The Marvel Encyclopedia rates his durability and fighting skill higher then Daredevil.

The other thing of note in the fight described above is that it ignores the events that transpired before it. Which included a major gun battle. For Which Castle was ground zero and Bruce came in latter and stayed above the crowd. I'll give that Wayne did take some bullet to the chest however with is tech and resouces bas armor that could shrug this off is not suprising. I can't remember for sure, but Frank may have been bleeding at this point. Also they had a previous encounter not to long before this one, it was a matter of days I think. In that fight the Punisher was more or less holding his own until the building they were fighting in collapsed around them. Even if they had bothed sustained injures in the afore mentioned collapse, which may not be the case given the armor and gear on the Bat suit, Batman is still going to get better medical care. You only have to look at the fact that the Punisher walked away from a fight and a chance to kill the Joker to realise he was far from 100%. The earlier fight is a better representation of it would go.

As much as I hate to say it Batman is probable going to win. Why comic convention. If this was well handled and the characters were treated with respect and it adhered to their abilities. This could make a great comic and an epic battle.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 03:19 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Apparently he kicked his @ss again in the JLA/Avengers crossover off panel.

When did this happen? Can you remember what book and place in the book?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 03:21 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

it was in the first issue of the JLA/ Avengers crossover.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 03:24 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by Mainstream
it was in the first issue of the JLA/ Avengers crossover.

Thanks I'll have to take a look.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 03:35 PM
Nightstick

Originally posted by chronic
batman could kick punishers self centered ass

How can you call anybody, but Batman self centered in a thread that pertains to Batman? smile Batman is by far the more egotistical self absorbed hollier then thow of the two. Come on more often then not even in Bats own comics he is played as a self centered raving ego-maniac.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 03:39 PM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

You're right Nightstick, Punisher loses badly in yet another area.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 09:44 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote