KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » wolverine vs dark vader

wolverine vs dark vader
Started by: wolverex84

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZephroCarnelian

Why do people think that you implode in space? lol! big grin

You explode! Violently!

That's because there's NO pressure all around you (space is a vaccuum) and there IS pressure inside u. Hence the pressure inside u expands to fill up all the avilable space - i.e. infinity. smile

And Vader would destroy Logan in this fight.

I could picture Wolvie taking a running jump at Vader, claws out ready for the disembowelling about to occur, when.... nothing!

He hangs, fixed and paralysed in midair, ready for Vader to slice off his flesh with his sabre (sabres cauterise, so I doubt he could regenerate) or he could simply choke him to death with the force.

Logan wouldn't be able to get close enough to Vader to do any damage at all.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 07:29 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

u sure? I always heard that you would implode because of the massive temperature difference and the fact that the air bursts from your lungs (a minor explosion), then the rest of your body caves in on itself, a huge implosion....

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 07:46 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

I'm very sure, lol.

If you put an egg in a metal box and suck out all of the air, the egg explodes very violently.

Same thing happens in space. You'll explode - and cos you're right about space being freezing cold - all of your bits would then freeze pretty much instantly.

Probably a nice quick way to die lol! messed

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 07:49 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine wins easily. Vader can't choke a moving target and even if he could it wouldn't stop Wolverine from making his way over to him a gutting him like a mechanical fish.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 07:53 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

From what I've heard, you're turned into like... beef jerky if you die in space. You don't explode or anything but your body is cooked by the radiation, frozen when it's in the "shade", and recooked when it's not. Like overcooking something in the microwave. Dry and tough.

Needless to say, being cooked and frozen and recooked really tears your body apart at the cellular level.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 07:58 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz

yeah... space doesnt really have any atmosphere... you get the sun's rays at 100% baby! Ultra-ultra violet radiation. Now... if you manage to survive, you can always return to earth as a new supervillian: the living tumor.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:09 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

It's not a toomar!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:19 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by who?-kid
Lots and lots tougher.

And since when does Darth Vader throw everybody who threatens him into space ?

I was not referring to anything he did, but to something he could do, just in case some wolvie fanboy(which i am myself by the way) comes with that "Wolverine can regenerate everything Vader could do to him with the lightsaber or the force".
Dumping him in space was just a possible and relativly easy way to make sure, that his powers wouldnīt do him any good - OK!?

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:15 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Vader has never been shown to have the power or control launch a person from the earth into space.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:28 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz

well, in the comics he had. He was able to move an entire fleet of star destroyers away form a star as it was going supernova.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:31 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

An Wolverine took a nuke. When you have one feat that shows on a level that all your other apperances don't even hint at then chock it up as bad writing.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:37 PM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins easily. Vader can't choke a moving target and even if he could it wouldn't stop Wolverine from making his way over to him a gutting him like a mechanical fish.

Even that weak Jean Grey version from the first Xmovie was able to catch a heavily boosted Toad out of the air via tk and you honestly want to tell us the Dark Lord would not be capable of doing a similar stunt???
I definitly love Wolverine at least as much as you do and find DV rather uninteresting(too much of a villainarchtype), but given the powers they have and assuming they use them in the most effective way against eachother, youre posting is nonsense(no offense meant).
And were is the problem in letting Wolvie loose against a superior opponent? Itīs certainly better then presenting him the victory just because he is THE Wolverine, probably most popular Marvel-character(ignoring Spidey) - BORING I say!

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:39 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I have no problem letting Wolverine to a superior oppent, just Vader is hardly in that category. Vader and all Jedi/Sith have low level tk, Jean Grey is mid to high depending on the situation and their is a huge differance between the two.

Sure the force is cool and it is handy to have but people see it as something that it isn't. Force users need consintration to access the force (hence why they are always standing still and often have thier eyes close and hands directed at what they are effecting) it in no way allows for a Jedi to have some massive edge agaisnt any none force user. Look at Durge and Grievous (comic versions not cartoon) they have killed 100s of Jedi and neither of them has access to the force and aren't so physically impressive that they could give Spider-man a work out.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:45 PM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Vader has never been shown to have the power or control launch a person from the earth into space.

Catch him via tk, hold him this way, get into a TIE, get into orbit pulling Wolvie along, dump him - done!
Definitly not the most stylish way to win a battle, but was style a prerequisite!?
big grin

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:47 PM
Kontraz

An Wolverine took a nuke. When you have one feat that shows on a level that all your other apperances don't even hint at then chock it up as bad writing.

doing so naturally left him pretty much drained, and that was an extreme use of his power, but when else has he been given an opportunity in the comics. Luke has been able to pull of some amazing and similar stuff as well in the comics. And yoda and windu were pretty talented in the clone wars cartoon series... so it all depends on which continuity you are looking at.

If its going by movies, I say its close, but still vader.. Vader could most likely match wolvie blow for blow. Sure, wolvie only needs one clean hit to kill vader, but whats to say a lightsabre, that can cut through ANYTHING, cant cut through adamantium? And if wolverine has his brain completely shut down, I dont think he will be able to do much either.

If its by the comics,vader wins with ease.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:51 PM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

I have no problem letting Wolverine to a superior oppent, just Vader is hardly in that category. Vader and all Jedi/Sith have low level tk, Jean Grey is mid to high depending on the situation and their is a huge differance between the two.

Sure the force is cool and it is handy to have but people see it as something that it isn't. Force users need consintration to access the force (hence why they are always standing still and often have thier eyes close and hands directed at what they are effecting) it in no way allows for a Jedi to have some massive edge agaisnt any none force user. Look at Durge and Grievous (comic versions not cartoon) they have killed 100s of Jedi and neither of them has access to the force and aren't so physically impressive that they could give Spider-man a work out.

A) The force sucks(light side, dark side sick )
B) Problem with tk against nonflying opponents without ranged attacks is, you just have to be strong enough to lift your adversary(how much is wolvie?), keep him that way and the fight is over. Teeks in comics just donīt use this fact because it would be pretty damn boring!

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:58 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah you are right that it depends on the Star Wars Universe used as some of them are massively different in power level (any Clone Wars cartoon character would kick Wolverine's ass) but even so the only Universe that Vader is strong enough to beat Wolverine is EU (he is massivly powerful I'm told).

Yeah Luke did some really badass stuff in some of the early Jedi comics, I remember he ****ed up an AT-AT pretty easily but over all comic Jedi aren't on that power level. Heck, Vader was attack by a pack of savage dog type things and they landed hits on him and Anikin only beat Durge by a huge stroke of luck.

The best force move that can get pulled of in a battle is a force push and even that happens rarely.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 10:00 PM
AngryApocalypse
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth shuts wolv's mind with his Force choke

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 10:32 PM
AngryApocalypse is currently offline Click here to Send AngryApocalypse a Private Message Find more posts by AngryApocalypse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

sigh roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 10:34 PM
mr.smiley

wolverines not afraid of space.remember against that little shiar alien?

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 10:37 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote