KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » rogue vs spiderman

rogue vs spiderman
Started by: life is cruell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

lol I do my best.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:36 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

"wow Rogue is pretty hot...she got more than my spider sense tingling! Gotta...think....of ....sports...but the only sport I can think of his women mud westling. Focus Spidey Focus.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:39 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mainstream
"wow Rogue is pretty hot...she got more than my spider sense tingling! Gotta...think....of ....sports...but the only sport I can think of his women mud westling. Focus Spidey Focus.
while Pete's staring at her jugs Rogue gives him a punch in the nuts sick

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:44 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

Originally posted by black robb
while Pete's staring at her jugs Rogue gives him a punch in the nuts sick
i was joking Spidey going to win

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:45 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

black spidey would really win......be black and proud my web swinging bro-tha.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:46 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

black spidey would really win......be black and proud my web swinging bro-tha.
laughing

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:49 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

the man always wanna keep the black Spidey down!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:50 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Rogue would win this. Its not the same as when he's fought titania cos she was ground based and only had her powers for a day when he beat her. Also most of the super strength people hes fought have either been ground based and not very manoeuvrable or jus plain stupid e.g Rhino. Rogue is completely different. Shes much stronger so she easily packs enough to lay him out with a good strike, plus her fast flight speed and aerial manoeuvrability would allow her to dodge his projectiles and also keep up with him. Rogue can break free of Spidermans webbing because people in the past much weaker than her have done so without too much effort. Also spiderman isnt strong enough to knock her out just like that. It would be after repeated blows. However rogue isnt just going to stand there and let him pummel her. If he gets too close hes finished. Some of u might argue about his agility but that means he'll be able to avoid and dodge her attacks for a time but he cant cover an area anywhere near as fast as he can and its only a matter of time before she lands a good blow.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:53 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

this just in Spiderman can now lift 15 tons...he is now only 4 times weaker than Rogue....way to go wall crawler!!!! the following information on spiderman strenght boost can be found in the Spiderman handbook 2005 edition for only $3.99 and is sold were most comic books can be sold!! god I sound like a commerical.
How long has Spidey been in comics? And he's only increased 5 tons for lifting. Eat that Magneto. Storm. Jean Grey. Cable. Gambit. Wolverine. What the heck, Magneto again.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:59 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

by the year 3812 spidey may be almost kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe strong enough to half way beat the weakness Hulk form.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:01 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He could probably do it now. He just needs to create a sleeping gas based webbing.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:03 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

by the year 3812 spidey may be almost kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe strong enough to half way beat the weakness Hulk form.
DAMN RIGHT!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:03 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

heh heh heh

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:25 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Hm...a good match-up indeed.

I think I'll hold my vote for a bit. I'd like to see some more opinions. Spidey may be outclassed in speed, strength, flight, and durability, but he definitely has some advantages. Namely agility, reflexes, Spidey-sense, and (I think) superior fighting knowledge.

This is a good one indeed.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 11:15 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StrawNilla

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Rogue would win this. Its not the same as when he's fought titania cos she was ground based and only had her powers for a day when he beat her. Also most of the super strength people hes fought have either been ground based and not very manoeuvrable or jus plain stupid e.g Rhino. Rogue is completely different. Shes much stronger so she easily packs enough to lay him out with a good strike, plus her fast flight speed and aerial manoeuvrability would allow her to dodge his projectiles and also keep up with him. Rogue can break free of Spidermans webbing because people in the past much weaker than her have done so without too much effort. Also spiderman isnt strong enough to knock her out just like that. It would be after repeated blows. However rogue isnt just going to stand there and let him pummel her. If he gets too close hes finished. Some of u might argue about his agility but that means he'll be able to avoid and dodge her attacks for a time but he cant cover an area anywhere near as fast as he can and its only a matter of time before she lands a good blow.

Getting past the issue of webbing and things of this nature....

You forget one thing: the spider sense. Spidey uses this along with a complex and amazing array of superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, leaping ability, elasticity, metahuman regenerative endurance, etc. as part of his unique and unmatched fighting style I have deemed: the bob and weave combat method. Spidey's easily more maneverable on the ground than most all of whom he encounters, and he uses this to his advantage (especially against stronger opponents), at times he will leap above them landing multiple speed attacks with those fists of his (as he has so often done with the Hulk). This is thanks to his aerial maneuverability, remember, with nothing more than webline, reflexes, and his own elasticity he's contorted himself between multiple lasers, bullets, etc. To summarize: if Spidey were to attack Rogue close up as you say, it's not a necessity (at least in his mind) to stand there and try and finish it out, no, he'd much rather prefer to attack at multiple angles or here and there only to pull back to start the process over from the beginning over and over again.

Eventually, if Rogue is smart and Spidey isn't in one of his speedblitzing moods (more on speedblitizing after this), she'll take the fight to the air. But Spidey isn't helpless in this field as well either, he could just dodge her on the ground by zeroing in on the spider sense as to not miss a beat, and after a period of dodging has been completed a little later on in the battle, Spidey could web her as she passes on. Sure, she could tear through it but not before this little diversion slows her leaving her as prey to an aerial blitz courtesy of Spidey, it all comes down to how fast Rogue can regain lost composure, and after you've been sprayed with a substance that's likely to be stronger than your average steel cable in mid-air, it would be hard for anyone in Rogue's shoes (including Rogue) to shake it off a second or so after it happens.

Moving on, there is of course the matter of the speedblitz. At the starting bell Spidey could cover distance between him and Rogue with a simple forward leap, you know, seeing as how vertically Spidey covers a distance of 30 ft or more. Now, factor in the advantage Spidey holds using the element of surprise plus fists packing the a lifting force of 10 tons+ being thrown all out against your head and the end result: victory for Spidey via concussion. When you think about it, attacks that you have no time to brace yourself for ala sneak attacks take a greater toll on you in their effect than would an attack you were prepared for. With this to play a factor, combined with the fact that Spidey's going all out (as he commonly does when executing a speedblitz), Rogue's going to feel the effect of the attack a bit worse than she would prepared. When it comes down to an event like this, it's all about the speed of one's composure, and if Rogue is already in danger of being KO'ed by Spidey composed, then uncomposed it only takes that much more effort off on Spidey's part.

Thanks for the sig TWelling4ever, go on, take a bow!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:36 AM
StrawNilla is currently offline Click here to Send StrawNilla a Private Message Find more posts by StrawNilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Rogue is known for her speed and she is a formidable fighter in her own right. What u forgot to factor into this fight is Rogues psychic seventh sense which allows her to anticipate an enemies actions giving her a slight edge in a fight. Spideys sense just warns him that hes in danger. Rogues speed and aerial manoeuvrability would ensure she owns spidey in the air. Rogue could avoid his projectiles through speed and her seventh sense. You cant read xmen if u think after the starting bell rogues going to just stand there and let spidey leap at her. Knowing her fighting style she would take to the air from the offset. If he did make such a move that would leave him very open and she would knock his lights out. Rogue mostly fights from the air its her style spidey cant speed blitz such an opponent to any great degree since he cant get airborne. Also spideys is quick and agile but hes far from being flash and rogue is far from being rhino, an inexperienced titania or a slow irrational hulk. She wouldnt stay in one place to get pummeled like that and she would anticipate his attacks and be waiting with an uppercut.

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 26th, 2005 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:47 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Rogue has a good level of durability and can withstand spideys strikes for a decent amount of time before they start to affect her performance. One good strike from rogue would severely impair spideys and give rogue the oppurtunity to finish him off. Spideys oly advantage would be his agility and ability to evade attacks because rogue is a skilled fighter, she can anticipate an enemys movements and shes fast so spideys greatest chance of winning which was this so called speed blitz isnt gonna be half as effective as it was on say titania or spideys usual slow, dumb powerhouses he manages to take out/stalemate. This would be a long drawn on out fight because i believe spidey would be ale to avoid her attacks for a decent amount of time and with a speed blitzs efficiency negated by rogues powers then the odd blow he might get in now and again will just be shrugged off. Rogue takes this

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 26th, 2005 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:50 AM
StrawNilla

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Rogue is known for her speed and she is a formidable fighter in her own right. Wha u forgot to factor into this fight is Rogues psychic seventh sense which allows her to anticipate an enemies actions giving her a slight edge in a fight spideys sense just warns him that hes in danger. Rogues speed and aerial manoeuvrability would ensure she owns spidey in the air. Rogue could avoid his projectiles through speed and her seventh sense. You cant read xmen if u think after the starting bell rogues going to just sand there and let spidey leap at her. Knowing her fighting style she would take to the air from the offset. If he did make such a move that would leave him very open and she would knock his lights out. Rogue mostly fights from the air its her style spidey cant speed blitz such an opponent to any great degree since he cant get airborne. Also spideys is quick and agile but hes far from being flash and rogue is far from being rhino, an inexperienced titania or a slow irrational hulk. She wouldnt stay in one place to get pummeled like that and she would anticipate his attacks and be waiting with an uppercut.

Rogue's psychic seventh sense? Um, okay, not familiar with this particular aspect of her powers but whatever. And Spidey leaping after her would not leave him open for any attack his spider sense could detect, and while I'll agree that Rogue is a fast one in her own right, she's not faster than the spider sense. And the spider sense does more than anticipates an enemies actions, from your description of Rogue's psychic seventh sense, Rogue ONLY anticipates an enemy's actions and nothing more. The spider sense pretty much detects and knows of an attack coming before it occurs as if it anticipates it only, in this case (at least in most cases) it doesn't have to second guess or correct itself.

And unless Rogue has a blurringly fast take off, there's a good chance Spidey could tag her before she's even halfway off the ground. Just because Spidey may have to leap from point A to point B doesn't mean he does this in a dragging fashion, he has a pretty frikkin' fast takeoff to all of his leaps both vertically and horizontally. If he can place a shot to Rogue's abdomen it should at least be enough to slow her or, as a result of the power of Spidey's punch, send her sprawling backwards as we are talking about a punch from Spidey at pretty much it's highest potential. With this as a momentary slow-down for Rogue, Spidey could blitz her and in turn begin the process once more.

And though Spidey can't get airborne to the point of flight, he can get up in the air quite high, and as I've said before, if Rogue's takeoff isn't blurringly fast, she's subject to a frontal attack from Spidey. I've never said that Spidey was Flash, but that doesn't mean that Spidey can't be fast, he's very fast. And there's a good chance that with his speed and reflexes combined with the ground he can cover bouncing from here to there, Rogue may resort to coming back down and fighting Spidey in HTH. And if Spidey isn't outside the margin of area where he can leap horizontally from point A to point B, he's in area short enough for a speedblitz. And Rogue's not going to last all day against Spidey pounding against her skull with all his might, not even close. And seeing that Spidey is a man of good sense he will know when that spider sense warns him he's going to abide to it's will and avoid Rogue's punches. He's got the endurance to do that alone for hours on end, all the while calling his shots and taking them in full stride.

Thanks for the sig TWelling4ever, go on, take a bow!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 03:08 AM
StrawNilla is currently offline Click here to Send StrawNilla a Private Message Find more posts by StrawNilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

And he's gonna web the eyes @ least once. Free hits.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 05:18 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamma Crush!
Savage

I think Rouge is a little too strong and fast for Spiderman.

Strongest one there is...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 05:29 AM
Gamma Crush! is currently offline Click here to Send Gamma Crush! a Private Message Find more posts by Gamma Crush! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote