KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DarkCrawler's Fight Scan Of The Month

DarkCrawler's Fight Scan Of The Month
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wannabe
Thatīs the general problem with speedsters, coming up with a good reason why someone should be able to hit them, when everything is virtually standing still compared to them(I canīt think of any, exept using an other speedster or timecontroler)!!!

Deathstroke writer Geoff John says:

"The flash is the fastest man alive but no-one's ever tested Deathstroke's reflexes for the first two steps, over those 10 or 20 feet deathstroke can be just as fast"

Add that to the fact he's taken out two different light speeders before, showed tons of speedblitz feats and it isn't that hard to believe.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 05:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Awesome fight, except it makes the GL looks pathetic. He stands around for 5 minutes, swings his fist at him instead of using the ring, has his fingers broken somehow despite the ring, and then loses all ability to use it....

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:04 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

What the hell did slade do to black canary i mean i saw him go for her but i dont udnerstand

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:05 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

quote:
What the hell did slade do to black canary i mean i saw him go for her but i dont udnerstand

Deathstroke's senses are enhanced, which is how he saw the Atom. As Ollie explains to us, he hears "the click in her jaw"; Slade hears Dinah's jaw moving and with his instantaneous reflexes, he begins moving immediately. He gets there in time, jumps over, tags and bags her, and effectively cuts off her Canary Cry whilst detaining her. And who can help her? Everyone else is busy getting their faces owned.

quote:
Awesome fight, except it makes the GL looks pathetic. He stands around for 5 minutes, swings his fist at him instead of using the ring, has his fingers broken somehow despite the ring, and then loses all ability to use it....

I've heard talk of Kyle Rayner being one to panic at inopportune times. If this is true, then the moment everything went to hell with Flash being taken out of the game faster than the Green Arrow can utter the word "Don't.", he probably panicked. And you assume this fight actually takes five minutes. As I said earlier, Wally is gone before Ollie can say his single four-letter word in urgency. If you notice, every movement Slade makes takes him directly towards his next target. He punches out Zatanna, leaps into the air at Hawkman, comes down to cut Ollie's arrows, leaps backwards to tag/bag Dinah, goes after Atom, and then fights Kyle. The whole thing took possibly two minutes, tops.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:16 AM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everytime I see this fight, it makes me laugh.
The uberbadassness of it makes me giddy.

Slade choked Canary with a zip bag so she couldn't scream.
The GL ring runs off of will power, kyle seeing his team being taken down one by one loses a bit of willpower I'd think.
Plus, this isn't the first time Slade took out a GL, he broke Hal's jaw, and nearly stole his ring too.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:17 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the zip bag so that was it....cool

also i thought the whole wally gets taken out instantly thing was accpetable to beat a speedster you simply have to get him to run into-and-or over something .....such as a landmine (with wide explosive range)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
The GL ring runs off of will power, kyle seeing his team being taken down one by one loses a bit of willpower I'd think.
Plus, this isn't the first time Slade took out a GL, he broke Hal's jaw, and nearly stole his ring too.

NO shit , deathstroke took out hal ......damn now that is impressive*

*NOTE-I am not beign sarcastic it is actually quite impressive

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:27 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

The only thing that was even remotely odd here was the Green Lantern, and that can be explained by Kyle being hesitant and a bit panicky. Everything else was well in the realm of possible and it proves just how smart Slade is.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:30 AM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

THIS IS MY BADASS METER

Any anime character - 6/10

slade (teen titans cartoon rendition) -7/10

Ashley 'ash' J Williams (evil dead two and three) - 7 and three quarters/10

kill bill volume one and volume two -8/10

Deathstroke just then- 10/10

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:38 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

He flipped out when GA stuck him in his false eye.
The eye is more of a mental thing than a physical henderance, he usually has a cybernetic eye to see infra-red and the like.

At the end DS sticks his damaged mask to the wall with a note to GA saying: "This is yours, we aren't done yet.".

evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:39 AM
Wanderer259

quote:
He flipped out when GA stuck him in his false eye.
The eye is more of a mental thing than a physical henderance, he usually has a cybernetic eye to see infra-red and the like.

At the end DS sticks his damaged mask to the wall with a note to GA saying: "This is yours, we aren't done yet.".

I think he's since lost the cybernetic eye. And it DID hurt Slade, but it was more pain than actual damage; more of an insult, like you said.

That thing with the mask WAS awesome.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:40 AM
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

The danger room fight from Astonishing X-men # 10 reminds me of this one.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:57 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, they do to me as well. Very refined.

I dig this fight of the month idea, we should start posting scans of favorite fights.
I got Slade vs 200 gorillas! hilarious. laughing

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:01 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

i always Thought between the two octopus's ( otto and caryle ) was pretty damn cool

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:08 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

I'd like to see that entire fight.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 07:44 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote