KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » who is the toughest musician ever?

who is the toughest musician ever?
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mick from slipknot is pretty big.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 08:51 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I said compared to the dudes you said he'd eat for breakfast he is. And I saw a different picture of him. I'm sure he could kick a lot of people's asses, but the dudes your talking about are like tanks. Him being white and not gangsta has nothing to do with it, he looks shorter thinner and overall smaller than both 50 Cent and Chino XL. Just because they aren't "hardcore punx" doesn't mean they can't fight.

Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

the guy from DEP is pretty huge aswell... on the dvd you see him hitting a kid with the broken head of a guitar after he tried to steal it haha
(please log in to view the image)

and just cos its a funny picture...

but i wouldnt call him the hardest, just seein em live his arms were huge

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
the dudes your talking about are like tanks. Him being white and not gangsta has nothing to do with it, he looks shorter thinner and overall smaller than both 50 Cent and Chino XL. Just because they aren't "hardcore punx" doesn't mean they can't fight.

And he isn't? Look at those pictures again. In his prime he probably could take anyone, those two included. He's never been short or even close to thin either blink

Oh and btw, what are ''punx''?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:06 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Henry Rollins looks like a sicko.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:09 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I never said he looked short I said shortER and thinner. Seemed to miss the last two letters eh?

Besides, the picture I saw of him he was much smaller looking than the ones you posted.

Punx would be an alternative spelling for punks, just like gangstas is an alternative spelling for gangsters...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:11 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Yep. Doesn't change the fact that those two adjectives are not ones you'd associate with Mr. Rollins.

Well there ya go.

Gangsta is commonly used in songs, song-titles and speech alike, it's an accepted slang-term. Other hand, I've never heard anyone but the most posiest of posey teenage emo-girls using ''punx''. So it's probably a misspelling, not an alternative.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:15 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deathblow
Haha! Henry Rollins a twig, that's good. Just because he's white and he's not a ''gangsta'', he's apparently a twig. Don't think so. He'd eat whoever he wanted to eat, and still have room for more.

Would you call that a twig to it's face? wink
He looks like the hulk in the middle picture

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:16 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

The point is you inferred that I was claiming that Chino XL and 50 Cent are tough just cause they're "gangstas," so I did the same thing with Henry Rollins except since he obviously isn't a gangsta, inferred that you only picked him because he has that hardcore punk image and not because of his actual size. Sorry if the spelling threw you off.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:21 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point is you inferred that I was claiming that Chino XL and 50 Cent are tough just cause they're "gangstas," so I did the same thing with Henry Rollins except since he obviously isn't a gangsta, inferred that you only picked him because he has that hardcore punk image and not because of his actual size. Sorry if the spelling threw you off.
No, I think he picked him because it looks like he would rip 50 cent or Chino xl apart in a fight.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:23 PM
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by SlipknoT
No, I think he picked him because it looks like he would rip 50 cent or Chino xl apart in a fight.
Well we'll never know for sure, but just his size alone doesn't imply that. They are both bigger than him. The crazy ass look on his face and the tattoos and shit are what makes him look tough, and that's what I was talking about.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:28 PM
Deathblow
-

Close, but way off. Actually I was inferring that just because Henry is white and not a street-dwelling gun-toting African American, that doesn't mean that he couldn't take people who are. Sorry if that threw you off. Besides, most punks are small, skinny/fat ordinary guys like Jello Biafra or the guys in my sig, image has nothing to do with my choice. It's just that, like Slip said, Henry Rollins (used to) look like the Hulk.

Anyway, if you've ever seen a real fight, you'll know that muscles and physical strength are about 80% less important than well, being an insane mother****er.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:29 PM
Afro Cheese

I guess that depends on what you call a "real fight." I've seen plenty of fights, most of them have sucked. Have I seen any hollywood movie type fights? No. But I've seen plenty of dudes get their ass kicked and most of the time it's by someone bigger and stronger than they are. That's just going off my personal experience.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:34 PM
Deathblow
-

Hollywood fights don't exist in real life. The kind of time and space the actors in the movie give each other to throw punches etc is completely unrealistic.

Pretty much all fights are the same, close-quarters, panicky, stop-start and completely devoid of style. All of the fights I've seen have come down to who can land as many blows to the other person's face/head/throat/stomach, be it fists, feet, head, elbows whatever, it's all about speed and complete disregard for personal safety. Obviously muscles and weight help, but psychos always win, or at least 90% of the time.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:38 PM
Afro Cheese

I'm ready to end this argument.. let's just call it a difference of opinion and move on.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:52 PM
Deathblow
-

I wasn't arguing in that last post, just explaining my experiences, but ok.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:54 PM
Afro Cheese

Yeah it wasn't only in repsonse to your last post.. I was meaning to say it for a while but I kept seeing something else to respond to.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 10:04 PM
mr.smiley

from my experince in nhb mma type matches,whoever is the better grappler/wrestler will win a match 80% of the time,unless your fighting an opponent of equal grappling ability.
then striking will matter.
if two guys start punching blindly and wildly it becomes a toss up most the time.

i think henry rollins is definently more (for lack of a better word)
disiplined than 50 cent.
muscles are good but they can realy slow you down in a fight.

example: former ufc champion and mixed martial arts legend,royce gracie's last match was against a guy they call akebono (or something like that)
royce weighs about 170lbs.
his opponent weighed 450lbs.
royce won by submission.

so size can matter but never let a smaller opponent fool you

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 02:47 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRO-PAIN
PAIN...PRO-PAIN

Originally posted by mr.smiley
from my experince in nhb mma type matches,whoever is the better grappler/wrestler will win a match 80% of the time,unless your fighting an opponent of equal grappling ability.
then striking will matter.
if two guys start punching blindly and wildly it becomes a toss up most the time.

i think henry rollins is definently more (for lack of a better word)
disiplined than 50 cent.
muscles are good but they can realy slow you down in a fight.

example: former ufc champion and mixed martial arts legend,royce gracie's last match was against a guy they call akebono (or something like that)
royce weighs about 170lbs.
his opponent weighed 450lbs.
royce won by submission.

so size can matter but never let a smaller opponent fool you

LOL you are exactly right, and an even bigger size differential matchup was in UFC 3 when Keith Hackney weighing no more than 200 pounds faced Emmanuel Yarbrough who was an almost 700 pound sumo wrestler and Keith Hackney beat the hell out of Emmanuel...

Keith hit him so many times in the head that he broke his hand, just shows that size doesn't mean jack shit as long as you are conditioned and trained to fight...

Here's two pics from that fight.

MY DVD COLLECTION UPDATED 4/24/05

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 03:24 AM
PRO-PAIN is currently offline Click here to Send PRO-PAIN a Private Message Find more posts by PRO-PAIN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah, henry rolins is nuts, theres no way i'd pick a fight with that guy, i'd pick a fight with 50 Cent over him any day. hes a hard ass

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 03:48 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote