KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » who is the toughest musician ever?

who is the toughest musician ever?
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Sorry to revive an old thread but after reading An American Demon I can now confirm a tie for toughest musician.

It's a toss up between TSOL's Jack Grisham who stole from beat up and violated more people than anyone can remember and Circle One's John Macias who more or less did the same and took five bullets from the LAPD before he went down. Grisham may have an edge, being a borderline psychopath and possibly having killed someone and kicked a biker's eye out with a spur.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 10:00 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Sorry to revive an old thread but after reading An American Demon I can now confirm a tie for toughest musician.

It's a toss up between TSOL's Jack Grisham who stole from beat up and violated more people than anyone can remember and Circle One's John Macias who more or less did the same and took five bullets from the LAPD before he went down. Grisham may have an edge, being a borderline psychopath and possibly having killed someone and kicked a biker's eye out with a spur.

No problem.
It's nice to check in good ole' KMC and see one of my old threads given some fresh life to it. wink

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Aug 21st, 2011 02:14 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Iggy Pop has done crazy things to show he is "tough" but just for this quote alone he deserves consideration because with him you know it's not just talk, "I'd sometimes wake up with bumps on my head, blood on my shirt and something green coming out of my penis."

Someone who is now deceased but deserves honorable (or dishonorable) mention is G.G. Allin. G.G. Allin (birth name was Jesus Christ Allin) was just out of his flippin' mind. At shows he would encourage violence acts; including attacking his own fans, had a fetish for self-mutilation and just so we knew he could take or do anything he was into coprophagia. Most of his toughness probably came from being just insane but he still showed a side of thoughness like few others in the music business.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 06:03 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It depends on what is meant by "toughest" and just how literal the word "musician" is meant.

Several professional fighters play instruments, write music, or sing. If we're just judging ability to kick someone's ass, I imagine they'd steamroll everyone else in the thread.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 06:53 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Lemmy, Keith Richards, Ozzy, Motley Crue...

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 08:59 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The Slipknot guys look really tough (except Corey Taylor)

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 21st, 2011 12:37 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Joe Frasier.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 07:21 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Two honorary mentions:

(Autotune ridden filth, IMHO, but at least it qualifies)

They're honorary mentions, as their songs and vids are so fu**ing girly, that I couldn't include them with the others...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 01:05 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Roy Jones Jr. ~ Can't Be Touched

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 01:48 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Frank Zappa
or
Mike Patton

Probably some of the old jazz masters, too... Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, Miles Davis.

Edit: oh, whoops. I read this as GREATEST musician ever, heh. I'm not sure what a "tough" musician is..

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote