KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Abarat

Abarat
Started by: DarkFire17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkFire17

Tongue Abarat

Has anyone here read Abarat by Clive Barker? If so, what did you think of it? [IMG][/IMG] I thought it was very cool, realistic in spite of the fact that it was very, very bizarre! big grin

Your life is done.

Forget the future
Forget the past
Life is over
Breathe your last
-:- Abarat

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 10:25 PM
DarkFire17 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkFire17 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkFire17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

No I haven't read that but I have read The Hellbound Heart,Cabal and got H.R. Giger's Necronomicon for my brother (which of coarse is mostly gigers pictures) the 2 books had one thing in common besides being evil is he seems to fetish necrophilia,do you find that in Abarat?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 04:47 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yes and I loved it. Just reading the second book, and the third one will be out very soon as I understand.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 06:04 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Third book has been scheduled for Spring 2009, but it looks like there will be a longer wait till summer.

I am so excited about it! It looks like there will be a fourth book of Abarat, as well.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 02:11 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Father Rahl

I've only read the first book. Interesting novel, I would like to read the second book some day.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 09:06 PM
Father Rahl is currently offline Click here to Send Father Rahl a Private Message Find more posts by Father Rahl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

I love the pictures. Actually, it was the pictures that made me pick it up in the first place and then, I thought the story was interesting so I decided to get it.

It's the only product of Clive Barker I've read or seen all the way through.

Does anyone have a more specific release date for book three? Do we know what happens? What do you think will happen?

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 09:47 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I have got to bump this thread again - I have been waiting for the third Abarat book for 2 years now, but there seems to be no news on when exactly it will be released.

Books 4 and 5 are on the way - if done well, this could be made into an epic epic movie series - given, I am yet to read the others.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 07:45 PM