KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » the Official VS discusion thread

Place your votes...
This poll is closed.
Gambit 4 66.67%
Nightwing 2 33.33%
Neither...too good of a match 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

the Official VS discusion thread
Started by: VENOMfan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marcellus
executioner

a real vs thread

How about instead of a slew of pointless vs threads we brainstorm somthing that can promote good disscusion. we need to lay a ground work first first.

NO dbz references that is just pointless.
try to keep the character selection down to earth. obviously we want to avoid Thor and Superman vs Spider man or Ghost rider type's. yes they have been beat by regular class hero's but were talking about a fight that should last about 2 days max. so no rocket science will take place before the matches.

yes Batman and his kind would have some prep time. but we cant assume say he brings the pope to fend of morbius. I also thought maybe a kind of bracketing system for like character's and a point system for votes. example

bracket 1
Superman
Thor
Spawn

bracket 2
Hulk
Doomsday
Tremor

bracket 3
Batman
DareDevil
some one from Image

bracket 4
Punisher
Hitman
Overtkill

and so on

and the brackets mean nothing, not downplaying characters. also it would help if readers with substantial knowledge of the brands tossed in names.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 12:28 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
malkavian
I wanna be mongoose

IMHO

Winner of Bracket 1
Thor
, his Mythical powers are to strong for superman (weakness of magic) and Spawn is heavy but would eventually go down to both of them.

Winner of Bracket 2
Doomsday
, coz he's the one who beated Superman by Melee-combat. I mean that must score some points smile So nuff said :P

Winner of Bracket 3 Batman, Daredevil, Cole Cash
Batman, He is the master trickster. He would very soon figure out why Daredevil evades his batarangs. And he would exploit that weakness. Cole Cash is strong, but again no match for the Dark knight.

------------------------------

Some Brackets of my own

bracket 5
Mephisto
(please log in to view the image)
Spectre
Malebolgia

--------

bracket 6
Archangel
Hawkman
Swift "The Winged Huntress"

My Comic List (Work in progress)

Last edited by malkavian on Mar 31st, 2004 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 01:55 AM
malkavian is currently offline Click here to Send malkavian a Private Message Find more posts by malkavian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

bracket 1
Superman
Thor
Spawn

bracket 2
Hulk
Doomsday
Tremor

bracket 3
Batman
DareDevil
some one from Image

bracket 4
Punisher
Hitman
Overtkill

bracket 5
Hawkman
Swift
Archangel

Special Bracket
the Spector
Mephisto
Malbolgia

Im diggin those extra brackets. but I will open a new thread for when the actual vs starts this is just for brain storming. and could you tell me about this Swift?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 03:45 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

nice to see you are on the case VENOMfan wink

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 04:54 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
nice to see you are on the case VENOMfan wink

why thank you! big grin I try BKK, I try.....

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 05:00 AM
malkavian
I wanna be mongoose

Swift is from The Authority

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 12:46 PM
malkavian is currently offline Click here to Send malkavian a Private Message Find more posts by malkavian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Okay how about
Spiderman
vs
Nightcrawler
vs
Captin America

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 01:20 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i think we should make a nominations thread...this way we could nominate say 32 maybe 64 characters then break them down like the Big Dance. It'd be intersting who would beat who in people's opinions...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 04:07 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
malkavian
I wanna be mongoose

Dunno if you know the magazine WIZARD
but they often do this sort of things
They select 10 people and put them against each other
then they say how the number seven (by example) defeated
number 8, 9 and 10. and so on ,Till number one

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 06:59 PM
Mav
Can't think of one

I have one request.....That Hulk be limited or whatever, not that Maestro,War Hulk, SS Hulk, etc. crap..

made by verauko

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 08:17 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

well this is the nominations thread link so feel free to toss in more ideas. and yes the hulk will be limited. he would be the green hulk but green hulk can become mindless those two were one in the same.

and maybe

Bracket 3
Captain America
Batman
Hellboy

and another bracket
with Spiderman or nightcrawler, those were all marvel entities and we kinda want a battle of the brands Marvel, DC, Image/independent, Dark horse

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 09:45 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Dr. Strange vs. the Phantom Stranger? I'm not sure what the equivilant Image character would be, though.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 10:01 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

yeah Im doing a little reasearch right now into the characters from Image and Dark horse.

but Dr. Strange
Phantom Stranger sounds good.....Perhaps the Redeemer, he was quite powerfull, his strength came from the purity of his heart while he lived and the Reincarnated Redeemer was apparently a preacher who lived free of sin. he whooped Spawn pretty quick but realized Spawn was good.

Attachment: redeemer.jpg
This has been downloaded 407 time(s).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 10:17 PM
Marcellus
executioner

apparently Dark Horse owns Predator, Terminator, and Alien franchise comics, tho only Predator seems like a challenge in a one on one fight with most superheros. also Grendel, Buffy the vampire slayer((perhaps vs blade)) Violator((image))...and a few more in a little while......

im thinking Grendel should swap with Overtkill, becuase Punisher and Hitman are a little outa his lueage

as well as swith Tremor with Pitt or the Creech

Last edited by Marcellus on Mar 31st, 2004 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 10:49 PM
Marcellus
executioner

also while I was searching, the Crow, the guys from Stormwatch, and Chaos comics should also be thrown in

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 06:44 AM
malkavian
I wanna be mongoose

WOOOOOOOOOOOT

Chaos comics

Be ready to kick some butt smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 11:30 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Punisher
vs
X-cutioner
vs
Overkill

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 12:47 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

could you provide a little backround on this executioner?

another bracket since Tremor should be swapped with Pitt.

Bracket 6
Venom
Tremor
Predator
after a little stalking time of course

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 11:11 PM
Marcellus
executioner

Bracket 7
Wolverine
Witchblade
Grendel

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 11:11 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Punisher
vs
X-cutioner
vs
Overkill

From what I remember he was a mutant hunter. Used really nasty weapons and knew a good few martial arts I'll try to give a link when I find it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 09:31 AM