KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Night Watch

Night Watch
Started by: Ou Be Low hoo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Just a note, the DVD drops in the United States next Tuesday. Alison and I watched it tonight. At first, I said to myself "I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm loving it". Luckily, it was all fleshed out soon after, and quite thoroughly.

Very entertaining film. Incredibly original, moderately paced, enjoyable, and fun fun fun.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 05:33 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Wasnt anywhere near as good as I hoped it would be, too many special effects, camera techniques and CGI. Quite a cliched story and it can be difficult to know whats going on, definetly interesting, visually it was good and the ambition is great, but I have to say as a whole it was just OK.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 10:08 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really, I thought there was a good amount of effects, nothing claustrophobic/a lot of it to put you off, and the subtitles in parts were just fantastic.

I love the end credits too, with Shatter by Feeder playing over them, think it's some other band on the American version for some reason.

Explain the cliched parts please?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 10:54 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Cinematography seemed moderately different, and I couldn't think of one cliche, given no other movie like this has been done. It may be somewhat of an amalgum of movies (Star Wars, Underworld namely).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 11:10 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession

Explain the cliched parts please?

I felt the storyline/plot was somewhat cliched, like id heard it before. Just the whole light and dark, day and night thing, is kind of like Blade, and their were similarities with Underworld and The Matrix in a way (however its definetly way better than underworld, no contest ), and the whole chosen one choosing his path was a bit like star wars.

Last edited by papabeard on Jun 16th, 2006 at 08:24 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:20 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I just watched it tonight. It was fantastic. I'll go with the above statement. I didn't know what the hell was going on but it was awesome! I'll be awaiting Day Watch.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 09:10 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dancehall

i havent watched it... anyone knows the name in russian plz....

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 05:49 AM
dancehall is currently offline Click here to Send dancehall a Private Message Find more posts by dancehall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dancehall
i havent watched it... anyone knows the name in russian plz....

Nochnoy Dozor

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 09:17 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I was terribly disappointed. It took me two separate nights to sit through it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:00 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote