KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Bands Vs Thread

Bands Vs Thread
Started by: Deathblow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (80): « First ... « 76 77 [78] 79 80 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm in a way similar, instead I try to seek out difference as opposed to melody. So to use your CC/In Flames comparison, I'd rather listen to In Flames (Jester Race ftw), but I'd choose Cynic over either of those.

Had to look up your two bands, pretty good stuff though. I choose Chthonic, because I liked the way that they mixed in traditional Taiwanese sounds and vocals into their songs.

Next up: Atheist vs Meshuggah

Old Post May 11th, 2015 06:56 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Atheist by a solid margin

Piece of time and Unquestionable presence are more varied and interesting than anything by Meshuggah.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 11th, 2015 10:49 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I totally agree.

Bonus round: Atheist's Unquestionable Presence vs Cynic's Focus

Old Post May 11th, 2015 10:56 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

You must be a big fan of both bands.

IMO, they are very different bands. Apples and oranges. Cynic is progressive rock, whilst Atheist is death metal. It's hard to compare two bands in two very different genres.

I listened to some songs from Cynic's Focus album. The entire album is more like experimental rock/metal rather than prog rock to me. Like an ambient version of Mr. Bungle.

I have to be honest, there's some impressive stuff there.
I guess you already know which band I choose. smile

Structures' All Of The Above EP -VS- Intervals' In Time EP

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on May 13th, 2015 at 03:03 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2015 02:54 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Yeah, they're pretty much exclusively prog rock now that they've reformed, but the Focus album is somewhere between prog metal, jazz fusion and tech death. It's something else, is that album. You made the right choice

I don't know either of these EPs, so I'm gonna listen to them now.

Okay, so I listened to around half of each EP – both were impressive. I liked the savagery and technicality of Structures, but Intervals win for me. I think the fact that they are instrumental influenced my decision, because that was I was able to really focus on the music. And the music itself is brilliant – kind of like a trad metal sound with more classically influenced lead guitar. Some of the lead reminded me of Eric Johnson and Guthrie Govan. Good stuff.

I guess we can move away from rock-based music for a little bit now, so I option:

Miles Davis vs Charlie Mingus

Old Post May 14th, 2015 01:27 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Sorry, not a fan of their music.

One OK Rock -VS- Paramore

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post May 18th, 2015 05:58 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Paramore

Zedd *vs* Krewella

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 11:57 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Whichever one is on when I'm next on MDMA

King Crimson vs. Yes

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 10:45 PM
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Yes, I luv Owner of a Lonely Heart love

Lacuna Coil *vs* In This Moment

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 01:38 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

in this moment

Green Day vs Screaming Females

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 03:56 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batman
worlds best decective

spider man

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 04:37 PM
batman is currently offline Click here to Send batman a Private Message Find more posts by batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
in this moment

Green Day vs Screaming Females

green day

skillet vs shinedown

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 08:19 PM
FinalForm
Savi0r

Skillet I guess.

Wavves Vs. Fidlar

Old Post Sep 11th, 2015 09:52 PM
FinalForm is currently offline Click here to Send FinalForm a Private Message Find more posts by FinalForm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I enjoy both of their work but FIDLAR's debut album is pretty much hit after hit. Nothing fancy, just fun, bouncy and vital-sounding rock and roll. I choose FIDLAR (and I also need to grab their second album some time soon).

Women vs Viet Cong

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 04:46 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Viet Cong

Four Tet vs. Caribou

Old Post Sep 14th, 2015 09:43 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalForm
Savi0r

Caribou

At the Drive-In Vs. The Mars Volta

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2015 06:26 PM
FinalForm is currently offline Click here to Send FinalForm a Private Message Find more posts by FinalForm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

i like At the Drive-In better

damone vs veronicas

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 08:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Veronicas

Xandria vs. Nightwish

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 03:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Nightwish, I like Floor's singing.

Le Tigre vs Scissor Sisters

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 03:18 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Not heard le tigre so scissor sisters

Beatles vs green day

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 06:24 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote