KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thejeditraitor
An Original

none that's why i said only anakin could beat him but he was never skilled enough.

someone pm me with the soundtrack link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:13 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XX Emperor XX
Twisted by the dark side

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darth_Matt84
in AOTC ob1 said that if anakin paid more attention to lightsaber training he would 'rival master yoda as a swordsman'. Surely this implies yoda is the best of the jedi including mace.

Exactly. As we all know your abilities with a lightsaber isn't the only thing that measures how powerful you are. But still I believe Yoda is overall better then windu in every catagory and that includes fighting with a lightsaber, so its clear with wat Obi-Wan said in AOTC that Yoda is the best swordsman up until in ROTS that is where I think its Anakin who is most skilled, but again that doesn't mean Anakin can beat Yoda in ROTS, patience, wisdom, experience all play a role when you fight, thats how OBi-Wan beats Anakin.

Thanx to Lord Tyrant for sig

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:13 PM
Click here to Send XX Emperor XX a Private Message Find more posts by XX Emperor XX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thejeditraitor
An Original

i think mace is very close to yoda.

they both come very close to killing sidious.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

well he obviously does not mean anakin, as anakin is not really considered to be the greatest....hes obviously not as powerful as yoda and obviously not as powerful as windu, and espicially not as powerful as palpatine....

in time, yes he would have been, but he diddent have the time.

think about it, Obi beats him, and although anakin is more powerful then obi, obi still wins (cause of anakins anger etc.) now if u were to put obi up against yoda or windu, hed obviously lose, quite quickly.

in ROTS yoda says to Obi " To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not."

now if anakin was THAT powerful then yoda would have said hed go fight anakin, not sidious...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:16 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

i heard someone say, and i may get the figures wrong, that Sidious is approx 200% (two hundred)stronger than yoda, and before his lava bath, Anakin is approx 20%(twenty) stonger than Sidious, and that had Anakin fought Palps, Ani would have won. Even Palps tell yoda that anakin is more powerful than the both of them. I just dont think that the jedi know exactly HOW STRONG anakin actually is....but Mace finds out doesnt he. I think another part of why Anakin loses to OB1 is because he may have a Master/learner complex thats in the back of his mind, but i think that Anakin would have owned Yoda....using your logic, Yoda couldnt beat Dooku, but Anakin does with realative ease....put 2 and 2 together and you get 4......well, most of the time.... stick out tongue

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thejeditraitor
An Original

yeah but we're talking about RAW power!

RAW POWER

anakin
yoda
sidious
mace
obi

SKILL

yoda
mace
sidious
obi
anakin

anakin is the most powerful but the least skilled.
that's why he can be the best and still lose.

Last edited by thejeditraitor on Apr 20th, 2005 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:23 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote:
Even Palps tell yoda that anakin is more powerful than the both of them

ACTUALLY.... palps says

"You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

he WILL be more powerful, not he IS more powerful

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:26 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

yeah i didnt read the entire thing cause i didnt want to be totally spoiled, lol. but in the illustrated i thought it said it a little differently...ill go back and read it again.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

yea that was a spoiler btw...lol

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:35 PM
XX Emperor XX
Twisted by the dark side

Jeditraitor your list is a suprise to me theres no way Sidious is 3rd on the list in skills and raw power, he is diff. 1 on both if Yoda couldn't beat him then no one could stop him, except Anakin but we all know what happens to him

Thanx to Lord Tyrant for sig

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send XX Emperor XX a Private Message Find more posts by XX Emperor XX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i agree, palps is # 1 in everything with yoda behind him and windu behind yoda smokin'

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:54 PM
Darth Blender

Good thinking! I donīt know if itīs true but I heard rumours that Sidious kept himself alive for a hundred of years. I just read parts of the novel a couple of minutes ago and it is not acknowledged but it would make sense. Itīs a fact that Sith gain power in a much shorter time than Jedi and it fits well! Even if Sidious lived just three quarters of Yodaīs age he be even more powerful in the Force. You need just more time on the light side to a certain level of the Force than you need on the dark side where the users a ruthless to gain power. Mace was just in swordfighting uniqe even for them.

Last edited by Darth Blender on Apr 20th, 2005 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Blender a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Blender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

Anakin / Vader rulz

thats the end of that :P

lol

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 08:55 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Blender

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
i heard someone say, and i may get the figures wrong, that Sidious is approx 200% (two hundred)stronger than yoda, and before his lava bath, Anakin is approx 20%(twenty) stonger than Sidious, and that had Anakin fought Palps, Ani would have won. Even Palps tell yoda that anakin is more powerful than the both of them. I just dont think that the jedi know exactly HOW STRONG anakin actually is....but Mace finds out doesnt he. I think another part of why Anakin loses to OB1 is because he may have a Master/learner complex thats in the back of his mind, but i think that Anakin would have owned Yoda....using your logic, Yoda couldnt beat Dooku, but Anakin does with realative ease....put 2 and 2 together and you get 4......well, most of the time.... stick out tongue

You heard right but you have the wrong context. Lucas said that Anakin would be 200% times as strong as Sidious. And thatīs why Sidious is not disappointed or pissed off when Anakin had his "accident". Because of his injuries and the fact that only a quarter of him is still human he remains only 80% of the Emperorīs strenght. Still enough to hunt down the remaining Jedi without trouble... devil

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Blender a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Blender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:01 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Blender

I/we know the trailer. You canīt make conclusions of some pointless-together-edited scenes...
I prefer the novel for things like that! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:15 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Obi-Wan defeated Anakin because he knew of his weaknesses and Anakin hadn't yet fully gained control over his dark powers. I agree that Yoda, Mace, Sidious and Obi-Wan all have their skills more refined, but Anakin is more powerful than all of them.
Yoda, Mace, or Sidious would lose to Anakin in ROTS. Obi-Wan only won because like I said, he knew of Anakin's weaknesses. Like using his mother, or padme. (I'm assuming Obi-Wan finally eggs him on to cause him to screw up)
Obi-Wan is the only one that could defeat Anakin because of
A. The setting of the duel
B. His knowledge of Anakin's faults
C. His incredible skills
D. "Luck"

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

lol! anakin would lose to Sidious, Yoda, and Windu...if hes beatin by Obi wan then those 3 could easily take him out.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:40 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

and i may point out that this is not a "is anakin the strongest thread" its whether Yoda is better then Windu.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:41 PM
thejeditraitor
An Original

people! if mace had a little help he could have beaten sidious!

and yoda flees because he knows he needs to survive. in the script PUNK-ASS SIDIOUS tries to RUN AWAY from yoda!

anakin is the most powerful then yoda or maybe a tie between yoda and sidious.

as for skill maybe yoda and sidious tie with mace a close second.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:15 PM