KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Mace is second to yoda ...ahh nevermind...Somebody just email Lucas and ask him...lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote:
people! if mace had a little help he could have beaten sidious!

and yoda flees because he knows he needs to survive. in the script PUNK-ASS SIDIOUS tries to RUN AWAY from yoda!

anakin is the most powerful then yoda or maybe a tie between yoda and sidious.

as for skill maybe yoda and sidious tie with mace a close second.

i agree with this 100%, other then anakin being the most powerful. we first must define what "power" actually is. its pretty obvious that sids and yoda (and windu for that matter) have a far greater control of the force then anakin does. so anakin MIGHT be able to feel the will of the force easier, but does ablility or greater natural intuition of the force count as being "more powerful"?

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:51 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

what i mean is that yoda and windu and palpatine are stronger with the force then anakin is meaning that they have more abilities. anakin has the most power, meaning that say he knew how to use lightning, it would be insanely strong. he unfortunately does not know how. palps however does know how, making him, in a fight, technically stronger then anakin..u know what i mean.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:51 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keYa

the thing that everybody forget is that a jedi not only fight with his saber , but with his mind, his intelligence , so this topic is useless ...
The greater swordman will definitively looses against a good jedi (good as swordmaster , and wise)
The question is " why palps defeats yoda " simply because of Palps is a big cheater ( Kyber Crystal) and the way of the darkside is more easy to get in and to control ... even if a jedi as old as yoda (the most experienced jedi ever ) is in front of him ...
just like odan urr in front of exar kun

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 05:52 PM
Click here to Send keYa a Private Message Find more posts by keYa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Mace is better. Think of it this way. If Mace didnt use the best form then he would change forms. Also, he was the co-leader of the Jedi. Equal to Yoda in rank. Atleast I think that I read that somewhere.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bill9d9
Tired of Choads

Knowledge, experience and training are the keys. Who has the most of all three? Who knows. Lets try this after ROTS.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send bill9d9 a Private Message Find more posts by bill9d9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedimastercheif

Yado would own Windu because he can fly and Windu gets killed by Anikan so he is weak.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 03:03 AM
Click here to Send jedimastercheif a Private Message Find more posts by jedimastercheif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It's already been declared somewhere on the Star Wars site that Mace was defeated at one point in time by only two people, Dooku and Yoda. Thus, Yoda is his superior. Yoda is among the most capable duellists in the movies and has an amazing control of the Force and wisdom to implement it.

But to give Mace credit where it is do, he comes closer to destroying Sidious than anyone else in saber combat. That has to count for something.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 07:48 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Yoda.

For Fritos.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Not only is Yoda the clear master of the force, but it is also implied that he is also the greatest sword fighter, when Obi wan is talking to anakin about his arrogance about actually rivaling master yoda's sword fighting skills. If Windu was the best swordfighter, he would have referenced him instead.

Yoda is clearly better then Windu in every way. Windu is good, but yoda would beat him. Yoda would have beat dooku had he not fled, and yoda, despite his incredibly old age at the time of the fight, he would have beat palpy too had he not cheated.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MOTHERBOX

Windu whooped palps azz and Yoda got his azz whooped by palps ,, you do the math.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 04:23 AM
Click here to Send MOTHERBOX a Private Message Find more posts by MOTHERBOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Well, your math is messed up a bit for 2 reasons:

1) Palpy lets windu get the better of him on purpose, to allow Anikin to step in and kill him, making the final transition to the dark side. In actual fact, I think DS is stronger then windu and could have beat him at any time if that's what he really wanted.

2) Yoda was beating palpy until he started fighting dirty, which yoda is incapable of doing. In a straight up fight, yoda would mop the floor with him.

Yoda > Windu smile

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MOTHERBOX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanquish
Well, your math is messed up a bit for 2 reasons:

1) Palpy lets windu get the better of him on purpose, to allow Anikin to step in and kill him, making the final transition to the dark side. In actual fact, I think DS is stronger then windu and could have beat him at any time if that's what he really wanted.

2) Yoda was beating palpy until he started fighting dirty, which yoda is incapable of doing. In a straight up fight, yoda would mop the floor with him.

Yoda > Windu smile
your wrong on the 1st point I read the book and it has no mention of this only sidious losing to windu badly.

2nd thats what sith do,, Windu counterd his dirty tricks with his own.

Did you even read the book?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 04:49 AM
Click here to Send MOTHERBOX a Private Message Find more posts by MOTHERBOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

again, by implication the movie flat out says that yoda is the best. If he wasen't, then when obi wan was talking to anikin, he would have said that he thinks he rivals mace windu in sword fighting. He doesn't, he says Yoda. That clearly implies that yoda is the man.

Last edited by Vanquish on Apr 25th, 2005 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 04:56 AM
MOTHERBOX

Not to mention, by implication the movie flat out says that yoda is the best. If he wasen't, then when obi wan was talking to anikin, he would have said that he thinks he rivals mace windu in sword fighting. He doesn't, he says Yoda. That clearly implies that yoda is the man.
Yes but that was in ep 2 b4 the clone wars and b4 Windu perfected his fighting style of Vaapad, its the best fighting style and he proves it in ep 3 by using it to defeat sidious.

Vaapad uses the darkside of the force, thats why its the most powerful and thats why sidious lost.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:00 AM
Vanquish

Well, valid points. Also, yoda's age definitely comes into the picture. He fights palpy at approx 780, and dies of natural causes at about 800. A man fighting when he is so damn close to death is quite impressive on it's own.

You may be right about windu being able to defeat yoda at the time of ROTS (I still say yoda's knowledge of the force would prevail) but my star wars universe will collapse if Yoda isn't the best Jedi. Surely in his prime, nobody was his equal.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:04 AM
MOTHERBOX

Well, valid points. Also, yoda's age definitely comes into the picture. He fights palpy at approx 780, and dies of natural causes at about 800. A man fighting when he is so damn close to death is quite impressive on it's own.

You may be right about windu being able to defeat yoda at the time of ROTS (I still say yoda's knowledge of the force would prevail) but my star wars universe will collapse if Yoda isn't the best Jedi. Surely in his prime, nobody was his equal.
I did not say windu could beat Yoda, I said he used his fighting style to defeat sidious. His fighting style would be next to useless when fighting another jedi of the lightside.

In yodas prime and now he is prob the strongest jedi, Yet Windu could be considerd stronger vs dark jedi and sith.

Last edited by MOTHERBOX on Apr 25th, 2005 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:12 AM
Vanquish

quote:
Yet Windu could be considerd stronger vs dark jedi and sith.

Well then lucky for him, the Sith are still around and revealed themselves in his lifetime. Otherwise, what is the point of him creating his fighting style to defeat the dark side? When he made it, there was no dark side.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:17 AM
MOTHERBOX

Well then lucky for him, the Sith are still around and revealed themselves in his lifetime. Otherwise, what is the point of him creating his fighting style to defeat the dark side? When he made it, there was no dark side.
Most of the people he fights with his saber have the darkside in them be it dark jedi or sith or even just bad guys.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:20 AM
Vanquish

I think only jedi and sith can have light or dark side in them. Your standard bad a$$'s don't have any knowledge or feeling of the force, and therefore would not be any more suseptable to Mace's style then any other jedi. Example: Jango is a bad a$$ and can actually kill Jedi's, but he does not have the dark side in him, because he has no connection with the force. No, only a sith would be more vulnerable to windu's style, and as I mentioned, at the time he created his fighting style, there were no sith, so why did he create it? Why does he dance so close to the dark side, for no reason?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:26 AM