KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sexyking

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XX Emperor XX
I'll just say this one thing if Mace is better then Yoda..then Mace would be the head of Jedi Council not Yoda, I don't care how many years expierence Yoda has, Mace is 2nd to Yoda

What are you stating that because yoda is the head he is the strongest. If you want to place the order in terms of strenght then wouldnt that make anakin the head of the order. I think it is placed in a state of experience and knowlede not power so you cant say yoda is better than mace by that alone.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 09:50 AM
Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

who's still alive after EpIII?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

ok where has it ever said in the movies ( not EU ) that Mace could even rival Yoda let alone beat him in a duel?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

It has never said anything about Mace being able to beat Yoda.

ok lets look at this AGAIN

1) its quite obvious that Yoda is the head of the jedi counsel
2) it has been said that Yoda and Dooku had beaten Windu
3) i think (given the dialogue of palpatine) that he was playing posse um with windu i mean think about it, do u REALLY think that palps would say something like "I'm too weak. Don't kill me. Please" if he was not playing around...
4) it has been said that yoda is better (despite the "as powerful as master windu line, which causes problems)
5) NO ONE can argue that windu is more powerful in the force then yoda is
6) Yoda lives, mace does not (even if anakin helped palps)
7) Yoda's age are an advantage and a disadvantage. he has more control of the force now because of his age, but his agility has probably decreased (which is crazy cause i mean look at yoda still....imagine what he was in his prime :blinksmile

all of these factors (im sure i forgot some) pretty much say that yoda is the best...i really dont see how people can argue that windu is better. i thought it was common SW knowledge that yoda was the best (other then Palpatine)

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 05:43 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MOTHERBOX

Originally posted by Julie
who's still alive after EpIII?
Yoda but only couse he tuck tailed and ran.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:18 PM
Click here to Send MOTHERBOX a Private Message Find more posts by MOTHERBOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

Originally posted by Sibry
Yoda is better he survives fighting Palpatine and Windu does not. I won't say anymore because it will spoil it for some. Yoda is more wiser and only just more powerfull. I mean did you see what he was like fighting Dooku in EP II.

Yoda survives fighting Palpatine. Mace does not survive fighting Palpatine AND Anakin. Not exactly one and the same.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

And once again- if Palpatine doesn't need Anakin's help to kill Mace, then what's the point of Anakin? This is the only point in the entire trilogy where Palpatine could conceivably legitimately *need* him. If he doesn't change the outcome of the battle here, then the Sith would have risen with or without him. To keep any semblance of the theme even remotely intact, Anakin MUST be instrumental in allowing the Sith to rise again. The only way that this can be the case is if he saved Palpatine from Mace, which would require, obviously, that Mace would have killed Palpatine without Anakin's intervention.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 08:05 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Mace is the best at what he does. Yoda is the best at what he does. I don't see the need to put the two against one another. In the star wars community it is stated that mace considers himself a padawan compared to Yoga and yet yoga has the upmost respect for Mace. Mace would never go all out against Yoda and he would never go all out against dooku when they were friends. so we may never know who is better. However, it is clear that Mace was the only one who could have taken palpatine down. His style of fighting was born for that. Palpatine toyed with Mace and Anakin psychologically because he knew what the outcome was going to be. But he clearly beat...I repeat clearly beat palpatine in sword play. Palpatine used his dark force powers to defeat windu after anakin severed his sword on. I am no in the least bit concerned with who is the best cause without a doubt windu, and yoda's are bad mofo's. i only wonder is there a possibility that mace might have survived that fall.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 08:11 PM
Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Thats what im wondering if he survived...make for a really good new book for time between movies...and Mace couldnt take Yoda in duel cause his style is for battling dark side.....he needs darkness to feed his style from what Ive read.....Yoda would slice and dice him .....but Mace was best tailored to fight Palps no doubt....

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:07 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexyking

Yes but i am sure he also knows a style to fight lightside jedis not that he would want too.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 04:56 PM
Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

speaking of which wheres the list "besides SS" telling what styles each of the main jedi have mastered? Anyone know.....post or pm if you know thanks!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Well Yoda being 900 years old I would say knows most forms of lightsaber technique.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 12:18 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrchattr

Original:
It has never said anything about Mace being able to beat Yoda.

3) i think (given the dialogue of palpatine) that he was playing posse um with windu i mean think about it, do u REALLY think that palps would say something like "I'm too weak. Don't kill me. Please" if he was not playing around...
4) it has been said that yoda is better (despite the "as powerful as master windu line, which causes problems)
5) NO ONE can argue that windu is more powerful in the force then yoda is
6) Yoda lives, mace does not (even if anakin helped palps)
7) Yoda's age are an advantage and a disadvantage. he has more control of the force now because of his age, but his agility has probably decreased (which is crazy cause i mean look at yoda still....imagine what he was in his prime :blink

all of these factors (im sure i forgot some) pretty much say that yoda is the best...i really dont see how people can argue that windu is better. i thought it was common SW knowledge that yoda was the best (other then Palpatine)

My response:
It has never said anything about Mace being able to beat Yoda - TRUE

- NOT TRUE - Mace often decides things, speaks, and then Yoda agrees
- True, but Vader beats Luke at one point, then Luke beats him...it happens, sometimes you lose to people worse than you. Heck, Ani loses to OB1.
3) i think (given the dialogue of palpatine) that he was playing posse um with windu i mean think about it, do u REALLY think that palps would say something like "I'm too weak. Don't kill me. Please" if he was not playing around... - FALSE! When Mace actually beats Palps, Ani isn't in the room - go see the movie! When Ani walks in, Palps is on the ground, lightsaber gone, and Windu above him, victorious. MACE DOESN'T ALMOST BEAT PALPS - HE BEATS HIM...he just doesn't kill him.
4) it has been said that yoda is better (despite the "as powerful as master windu line, which causes problems) - FALSE! - as you said, that line disproves the other one.
5) NO ONE can argue that windu is more powerful in the force then yoda is - That depends. Mace is not more powerful in the light side, but clearly is more powerful in his knowledge of the dark side, without being seduced by it. Mace is the only living Jedi able to use the dark side, controlling it, rather than having it control him...even Yoda doesn't try that!!!
6) Yoda lives, mace does not (even if anakin helped palps) - True, but Yoda doesn't have Ani attack him unexpectedly.
7) Yoda's age are an advantage and a disadvantage. he has more control of the force now because of his age, but his agility has probably decreased (which is crazy cause i mean look at yoda still....imagine what he was in his prime :blink) - This doesn't mean he's more powerful than Mace - Ani is yonger than most Jedi, and more powerful than all of them!

I think they are different creatures, but I gotta go with Mace on this one, but they're eve.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:45 PM
Click here to Send mrchattr a Private Message Find more posts by mrchattr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

windu is not as powerful or a better sabre fighter than yoda

the fact that windu "defeated" palpatine was all part of palps plan to turn anakin

in short...he let windu win

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:52 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrchattr

Palps doesn't let Windu win, because Ani isn't there to see it when Palps falls...and he's fighting his heart out...plus, watch his face when his saber goes out the window - dude looks SCARED, and Ani isn't there yet.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send mrchattr a Private Message Find more posts by mrchattr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

its all a matter of timing...hence previously you got the force telepathy scene where anakin hears palpatine saying "if you let them kill me then padme will die" or something to that effect...he knew anakin was coming

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobafetty
Pimp of Evil

Im gonna just say this and hope this thread ends.
'Yoda wins no competition'

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Bobafetty a Private Message Find more posts by Bobafetty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

This old thread? Pfft. Some things should be left to die properly.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
southtownbluz

Mace is clearly the better swordsman, and just because someone was beaten before, doesn't mean it'll happen again. Oftentmes, it's less likely as any great fighter will learn from his mistakes.

Final Analysis:

In order of strength

1) Yoda
2) Mace
3) Emperor Palpatine
4) Anakin Skywalker
5) Obi-Wan Kenobi

This is proven by this movie.

Yoda is the man. Palpatine constantly initiated his force attacks from a distance. He matched Yoda in sword play only because Yoda is a weaker sword fighter. NO ONE can defeat Yoda in Force knowledge. No one. Everyone who knew Yoda knows that the only way to have a chance with him is through a sword fight. It's proven in Attack of the Clones with the Dooku duel and now in Sith.

Mace is the strongest sword fighter. He doesn't use a lot of excess movements. To be honest, a true master doesn't need to use a lot of moves. One can be deadly enough. They know they can't play with Mace because one move might be all it takes. Fighting Yoda on the other hand requires a LOT of swordplay moves because of his flurry of attacks in battle. But Yoda is not the best swordfighter. But he is swift.

The rest doesn't need to be explained. Anakin obvious had the sword fight the whole time, but Obi taught him so there was the issue of the pupil succeeding the master, as any good pupil WILL do. I think that Obi would have eventually run out of moves. He got lucky.

Palpatine is very knowledgeable in the Force AND a decent swordfighter. But outclassed. If Yoda and Mace attacked him, he would be dead. Period. Palpatine could not even defeat Mace one on one. Mace could NOT have deflected the force bolts. He isn't centered enough to be so. He is more emotional and physical power. To be honest, Mace would have lost if he DIDN'T have his lightsaber. If it was a one on one force battle, Mace would have lost, period.

Out.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 12:03 AM
Click here to Send southtownbluz a Private Message Find more posts by southtownbluz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrchattr

Why does everyone think Yoda could never lose a force battle? In both Episode II and Episode III, he DOES lose a force battle. Dooku and Palps can't beat him in the saber battles, so he uses the force...in two, Dooku uses it to threaten the lives of Ani and Obi by dropping that collumn on them, and in three, Palps uses it with those cool Senate pods...and clearly, in both cases, while Yoda does well, he ends up unable to handle the situation as well as either of the Sith.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 11:09 AM