KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?

Yoda vs Windu? Who IS better?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Dooku used the column thing as a distraction so that he could run away from the fight. As for Sidious, Yoda could counter everything Palps threw at him, including the pods and his force lightning.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:02 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Nobody, but that doesn't mean Mace can't beat him..

I actually don't think he would, Yoda would win, because the force and force powers are always a mayor influeince in Yoda his fighting style.

And Yoda his style is great, very fast. But he makes no real attacks you saw it against Dooku and against Palps, he did not really ever attack them head on, just jump around them beating them bit by bit. Mace might be able to defeat Yoda threw Yoda his biggest weakness, he isn't as strong as Mace... Now personally I don't think it would happen, but it can.

But thats only with lightsabers no use of force powers and Yoda would use those for sure

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Yoda would cut Mace at the knees...

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

At least I'm glad that nobody called the seven lightsaber forms a ranking system or say that windu is the best simply because he mastered the hardest form. . .

I think that palps threw the fight with Windu so that he could gain a position of power over anakin psychologically.

That last push to convince him to decide to betray the Jedi. He played on Vaderkin's weakness beautifully. "If I die so does padame."

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Is this line from the novelisation? I'm curious. But I am quite convinced Sidious was outclassed by Mace. It was not from the start a plot to turn Annie farther; Sidious could have accused the Jedi of trying to murder him and usurp the Republic if he could have won the battle. But he was lightsaberless and his force powers could not overcome Mace. As for Sidious being a decent swordsman, I'm gonna chalk this up to a ridiculous observation made by someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of combat. Quite simply, Sidious' three kills were quite pathetic. Somehow he was able to simply jump over and kill a Jedi knight and a Jedi master before either could react and yet he was moving slower than Yoda? Dooku, at his slow and deliberate pace, could keep up with Yoda who was much faster and deadlier than Sidious in combat. And Kit Fisto going down in three hits was a disgrace. It wasn't even a crafty maneuver Sids pulled, just a slash and Kit was down. But after this display of unbelievable pwnage on three capable Jedi, he pretty much is served by Shaft Windu in a short time. Lightsaber is lost, powers reflected back. He's on his back, almost out the damn window. He was toast.

Now, Yoda. Yoda does a whole lot of movement in II and not a lot of striking, to be honest. I believe he was trying to overwhelm Dooku with speed and it didn't work. His Force powers are considerable, and he beats Sidious at his own game. Note that Sidious is a cowardly wuss who has to cheat and use underhanded tactics at any chance he gets. He even tried to run from Yoda. He tries to avoid fair fights because he is unsure of his ability. But Sidious was -lucky- enough to destroy Yoda's lightsaber and knock his ass down. If he hadn't he would be toasted again.

Now, I saw someone say Anakin is better than Obi-Wan. I disagree. While Dooku got the edge on Obi-Wan in sheer Force mastery (The guy is old as hell and a Jedi master gone Sith) Anakin's most impressive victory in III is the death of Dooku, which baffles me to no end since Dooku got cocky and changed his entire fighting style for the battle (Check II and compare) Obi-Wan, however, held up a solid defense to Grievous and Anakin, and I believe in saber combat he was superior to Sidious, too, though with Force mastery he could not contend.

As for Mace versus Yoda. Who do I think will win? I would think Yoda has the best chance to win with his experience and Force mastery. However, Mace Windu is perhaps the best duellist of his time. I believe he can defeat Dooku after all his experience in the Clone Wars. He certainly displays amazing prowess in Shatterpoint and in ROTS. SO Mace has a chance and a better one than most would. But Yoda is the most obvious choice.

Last edited by Janus Marius on May 25th, 2005 at 05:25 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth L. Dipsit
Pimp of Good

Mr. Creshosk, sir, that avatar, I think, looks awesome as all Hell. I don't know who the guy is, but he looks cool - plus it has your name on it. It's original.

Dark Helmet: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Old Post May 25th, 2005 07:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth L. Dipsit a Private Message Find more posts by Darth L. Dipsit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CharmedGrl420
Jack's Woman

Yoda wins

The Power of Three Will Set Us Free...That & a Little Jack Daniels...

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:09 PM
Click here to Send CharmedGrl420 a Private Message Find more posts by CharmedGrl420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Thats my girl

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OC2-tin-OC

Well I dont think Voda is stronger than Mace.. The reason ofcourse is age. Voda is real old. As you get older you get more wiser and maybe your force abilities increases but physical strength dimnishes. ace was real powerful . We know for sure He had Sidious begging under his lightsaber before that Idiot Anakin showed up. Voda found it really difficult to fight Sidious. Voda was the strongest once. But when ROTS happened Mace was the srongest. He was the council president not Voda

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:41 AM
Click here to Send OC2-tin-OC a Private Message Find more posts by OC2-tin-OC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Yoda because windu is stated to have been on par or been a little be less than dooku who couldn't even come close to beat yoda he was overwhelmed and would have been defeated if he had not run away each time and even though windu has shatter point it is way to broad and he can only see what he expects and before u put out he fought evenly with sidious first off sidious let him win and secondly he had a huge amp since the republic he gave his life to protect from the Sith was controlled by the sith and he was fighting the prime Sith Lord so he had a huge amp while yoda was cl. In his fight with sidious and was sidious equal in lightsaber skills so take that amp away and what do you have a windu who is a tier below yoda and sidious

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 04:12 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

y u do dis? Yoda wins, we know this.

Mace was one time amped, we know this.

This was 2005 my friend.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Yoda takes 10/10 in the sabers, the Force and all-out.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:27 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate that Windu is said to be 'the greatest swordsman in the order' Yoda mastered Ataru even more than Obi-Wan mastered Soresu. 900 years experience and a master of all forms just like Windu. Yoda takes this

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 08:23 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Windu is better. Yoda is better at being a failure. Failed against Dooku and failed against Sidious. Failed at stopping Luke from leaving to go face Vader before he was ready. Failure.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 12:31 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Yoda, obviously.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda is the best Jedi Consular, Windu is the best Jedi Guardian

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 12:37 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I hate that Windu is said to be 'the greatest swordsman in the order'

Nope, Yoda is.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 02:06 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote