KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dark Phoenix vs The Beyonder vs Eternity

Dark Phoenix vs The Beyonder vs Eternity
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

not similar enough. Plus hoorays cooler than u.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:17 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Until u have checked out the references i gave u, you cant really continue to argue with me.>>

sure i can. as i think has already been mentioned, the watcher also stated in an FF book early on that GALACTUS is the most powerful force in the universe. and since FF have been around longer than x-men, stands that IT is the more credible source. and in a SS issue, it is stated quite plainly that if galactus dies, the universe itself will end. if phoenix dies . . . well, so would this argument. phoenix is powerful. it is not (at least in theory) what galactus is. FF and SS. those are some pretty damn fine sources if i do say so myself.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

the watcher is a much better source...all the dude does is observe everything in the universe

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:29 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"sure i can. as i think has already been mentioned, the watcher also stated in an FF book early on that GALACTUS is the most powerful force in the universe. and since FF have been around longer than x-men, stands that IT is the more credible source. and in a SS issue, it is stated quite plainly that if galactus dies, the universe itself will end. if phoenix dies . . . well, so would this argument. phoenix is powerful. it is not (at least in theory) what galactus is. FF and SS. those are some pretty damn fine sources if i do say so myself."

Leo as you must know if u're an avid reader of comics. Marvel is always changing the hierarchy, always introducing some new uber-powerful being that tops the others. Some like the beyonder and galactus are somewhat downgraded after time. Others such as the phoenix force retain their power and status. The watcher said that in FF way before he said that in the dark phoenix saga. From what ive just said your reasoning on it being a more credible source isnt quite as sound as u might think. Galactus has died on many occassions also and Abraxas was let loose who in turn threatened to destroy the universe. Its possible that thats the extent of the big disaster that will befall the universe on his death. Its possible. Galactus tried to remove the phoenix from rachel and the universes stars started fading. See phoenix is shown as integral to. The transitionary force that embodies life and death. The phoenix also works as a doctor of the universe as shown in the GM run. Healing what needs to be healed(m'kraan) and "disinfecting" that which doesnt work and threatens the balance of the universe(d'bari and sublime)

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Apr 22nd, 2005 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:31 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

GalacticStorm

what are the issue number that say's the things you are talking about.(show the phoenix force power)

Watcher claimed that he was the Stongest in the Universe with Galactus??? lol

anyway what's the issue.

Attachment: watcher.jpg
This has been downloaded 106 time(s).

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:42 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

if it was the original beyonder, he would win though. pre-retconned beyonder was basically TOAA.

plus he had mad disco steez.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:42 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

the beyonder from the 90's spidey TAS was definitely more powerful than anyone EVER in marvel or any universe for that matter.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:44 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
the beyonder from the 90's spidey TAS was definitely more powerful than anyone EVER in marvel or any universe for that matter.

even more than LT , eternity?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:50 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

yeah. he punked eternity and LT, but then it was retconned, so that their defeat was only an illusion.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:58 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Kg. Check out the 6 issue xmen: forever series, classic xmen 8, 42 and 43 and also grant morrisons run on new xmen a year and a half ago. More specifically the "Here comes tommorrow" story arc.

This link also explains a lot about the phoenix especially that story arc i just told u about :

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 08:59 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea, Beyonder with the beard and fancy metal outfit and no pupils was the REAL BEYONDER, that guy was no joke, he could reck anyone!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 09:09 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Leo as you must know if u're an avid reader of comics. Marvel is always changing the hierarchy, always introducing some new uber-powerful being that tops the others. Some like the beyonder and galactus are somewhat downgraded after time.>>

true, and the exact argument i would have used if i were you! damn . . . guess we'll simply agree to disagree. you obviously like phoenix (i was DID like the phoenix force) while i like galactus, hence my bias. i like the sense of history that surrounds galactus and given that he survived the death of his own universe, he's always been at or very near the top of my food chain. unfortunately he's one of those guys who gets beat often to prove that some new guy is powerful. shrugs. still doesn't change what he is - or should be. i said PF is powerful. i still contend it is not what galactus is, and is below eternity and far below (as every universe force must be) the LT.

as for the illusion bit - that was among the stupidest story arcs i'd ever read and was what amounted to a cop out by the writers. how the hell does he create an illusion of all that?? assinine. nowadays the beyonder is viewed as a 'minor omnipotent', which places him on the tier below galactus, the celestials eternity, death and LT. and below the PF.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2005 09:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

an original beyonder take em out anyday, but the cosmic cube 1 loses{actually come to think of it, even after beein retconned, the fact remains that the incomplete cosmic cube was able to fool eternity, galactus and the tribunal!}

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 01:58 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
yeah. he punked eternity and LT, but then it was retconned, so that their defeat was only an illusion.

i was talking about the cartoon Spiderman beyonder.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 01:59 AM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Actually, Eternity is above the Phoenix Force. Eternity is not on par with Death.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 02:00 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Yeah thats cool. Im fine with that if its just a comparison of those two. However some of the others were lumping him/it together with death as well in the rankings which is why i started debating and stating the phoenixes status and position because death holds no power over the phoenix.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 04:31 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
"Eternity...because he is the embodiment of life in the universe. He and Death are the top dogs as far as cosmic beings go, (not counting LT, of course).

The Beyonder was a faker, and DP is more at Galactus level...maybe higher maybe lower."

Although i hate to admit it its probably eternity then Dark Phoenix. Id still argue that Phoenix could win but thats another state of jean and thats for another thread. Lord S, Death is a high ranking cosmic being but like galactus her/its status is higher than its actual power is. Death holds no power over the phoenix whatsoever. They have had many conversations in classic xmen more specifically issue 42 and throughout the years (more recently jean was shown phoenixes importance in xmen forever) where death has told phoenix that she is a transitionary force that embodies both life and death. So yeah eternity, dark phoenix and then beyonder but if u make it normal phoenix then i can write u a novel long argument why eternity would go down!! lol

If it be full PF powers, then it could maby take Eternity down (in pure destructive power, PF is above Eternity, Dark Phoenix), I don't think so.

Last edited by Xplosive on Apr 23rd, 2005 at 08:53 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 08:39 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by armandovalles
i dont think so, i'm not sure about some of them but i know for a fact that the Living Tribunal is #1 and that the Phoenix Force is barely more-powerful than galactus, also Franklin Richards should be very high on that list cuz he can create his own universes just by thinking about them.

It's pretty funny you put LT above TOAA, LOL, and above HOTU who made out of LT a joke. You said you've read TOAA bio (dmaybe you are confues, maby you think TOAA Celestal). And it was TOAA who created LT. And LT said there is being that is byond himslef and that is TOAA.

Last edited by Xplosive on Apr 23rd, 2005 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 08:43 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

This thread is turned into a arguement over hierarchery positions, Lol.

And by the way Love/Hate are below Master Order and Chaos, and In-betweener is below them, with Eon and then the Vishanti.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 10:32 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Kg. Check out the 6 issue xmen: forever series, classic xmen 8, 42 and 43 and also grant morrisons run on new xmen a year and a half ago. More specifically the "Here comes tommorrow" story arc.

This link also explains a lot about the phoenix especially that story arc i just told u about :

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

I read few comics already.

She is more related to death.

"Later, Death appeared to the Phoenix Force, claiming it to be the product of power of all life yet unborn, and thus somewhat an agent of Death and abstract entity the likes of Eternity and Death. Death helped to convince the Force to leave its then-current avatar, Rachel Summers."
marvel directory.

so how does that make PF = eternity in power.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 03:19 PM