KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve)

This is day 1 of the drafting for Evangel's Amalgam Tournament.

You may only choose ONE of your 3 choices in this thread. All characters choices must be posted with a link to a online source or biography.

Only the following people may draft:

Khellendros
Nataku8188
demigawd
K Von Doom
Sentry
Quick Freeze
gamewarrior
gautam
stormfront13
Scoobless

Once a participant chooses a character, no other participant may choose that character.

For Example:

Khllendros chooses Hulk
Nataku8188 may not choose "Savage Hulk, Guilt Hulk, Etc" but can choose "Ultimate Hulk" from the ultimates universe.

All character selections are limited to Marvel, DC, and western comics only. (No Anime or Manga related characters)

The range you may choose your characters are as follows:

Herald Level: (Iron Man to Silver Surfer)
Enhanced Meta Level: (Spiderman to War Machine)
Meta: (Captain America to Spiderman)
Street: (Aunt May to Captain America)

Street Level characters must not posses any powers. Meta characters possess limited power set.

To prevent further confusion, All draft threads and any threads regarding the tournament will occur on Pacific Standard Time.

You may now choose your one character.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:42 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

so not all our characters but just one out of the three??

goddess storm-when loki gave her a hammer the same as thors. her weather powers were greatly enhanced and were on par with thors and it was naver explained but her weather powers were supposidly above his.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:45 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
so not all our characters but just one out of the three??

goddess storm-when loki gave her a hammer the same as thors. her weather powers were greatly enhanced and were on par with thors and it was naver explained but her weather powers were supposidly above his.

No links or online sources mean your choice is invalidated. Remember we are only chooses one out of the three characters.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:47 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

can i post links of regular storm cause i can't find links for goddess storm, heres a pic of her and links of regular storm
(please log in to view the image)

http://www.slsc.lifelesspeople.com/slsc.html

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...&fldAuto=76

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:50 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

can i post links of regular storm cause i can't find links for goddess storm, heres a pic of her and links of regular storm

You receive regular storm only. You cannot choose characters at only a certain point in time but rather the character as a whole. In addition, the hammer is thor's hammer not storm's, so only thor may wield it.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 24th, 2005 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:53 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Your links must be directly linked to the source and require no searching of websites on my part. Also, your second link is broken. You may not have storm until I see a proper source.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:55 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Example of a proper choice selection:

I choose Hulk.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/h/hulk.htm

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Flash..... you all know him (Wally West)

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/wally.html

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve)

Originally posted by Evangel94

Street Level characters must not posses any powers. Meta characters possess limited power set.

but we are still picking 3 characters right?..... and can they all be Surfer level if you want them to be?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:14 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Captain Marvel

Also known as Genis Vell :

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...inmarveliii.htm

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Apr 24th, 2005 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:19 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

but you used other hulks as examples so why can't i?? this storm happened in the 616 universe as well she exists in the what-if universe. so because i can't find a link but i provided a pivture i can't have her?? i gave all the knowlege you need about her cause i can't find a link. she was given a hammer that is almost the same as thors by loki. her weather powers were enhanced and she was able to control weather on a greater scale then thor. she was the goddess of thunder and was given rule over asgard in the what-if universe. most people already know about her. she is basically a female thor that can control weather better. i provided a picture showing you that she is real. i provided all the info that you could find on a site about her. and about the first site is is a natural site you don't have to search for everyting. please clarify why goddess storm isn't allowed seeing as i provided a picture, good info, and you used examples of diferent people.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:19 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Re: Re: Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve

Originally posted by Scoobless
but we are still picking 3 characters right?..... and can they all be Surfer level if you want them to be?

Yes

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:27 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Re: Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve)

Originally posted by Evangel94

To prevent further confusion, All draft threads and any threads regarding the tournament will occur on Pacific Standard Time.

You may now choose your one character.

Ok we only choose one chracter?

How bout this one?

Dr. Marvel Cain

Height: 6"10

Weight: 700lbs

Dr. Marvel Cain is a cross between Doctor Druid, Captain Marvel(Genis), and The Juggernaut

Strength - The Dr. Marvel Cain possesses Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons. The Dr.Cain is said to be unstoppable, and the upper limit to his strength is not known. Dr. Cain possesses untold power, mystical in nature, which enhances his strength to an as yet unknown degree and makes him a seemingly irresistible, unstoppable being.

Durability/Stamina/Speed - Besides giving him impressive superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gives the an extraordinary degree of resistance to all conventional forms of attack. In rare cases when a weapon breaches Cain's invulerability, Dr. Marvel Cain has been able to regenerate within miliseconds. Cain can shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Cain can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen. He is sustained by his mystical energies alone. In addition to his powers from Cyttorak, He possesses the Kree Nega bands, which channels cosmic energy into his enclaves, which further bolsters his strength and metabolism, and giving him the power of interstellar flight enabling him to traverse the universe at a speed beyond light.

Mental powers/Magical abilities - He had a remarkable control over his body and bodily systems, could communicate telepathically, and could psychically mesmerize others, often casting illusions directly into their minds. He could levitate and perform telekinesis to a small extent. Cain also possessed a high degree of magical sensitvity, in detecting magical energies as well as sensing impending danger. Cain supplemented these powers with magical spells he has learned over years. He had a large repetoire of Druidic rituals, including one that can bridge dimensions.

Energy Projection - Dr. Cain can emit powerful concussive force blasts of cosmic energy from his Nega Bands. He also has the ability to absorb cosmic energy and bolster his strength and metabolism. Cain also possesses Cosmic Awareness, which allows him to sense danger on a universal level. As a result, he has limited ability to see the future, he can perceive objects and individuals, the presence of beings, and cosmic threats cloaked by invisibility or illusions throughout the universe.

Paraphenalia - Dr. Marvel Cain wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the dimension of Cyttorak. Wearing this helmet, Cain is able to resist all forms of psionic attack on his mind successfully. Recently, Cain constructed a skullcap from scraps of the metal he used to construct the helmet. He wears the skullcap under, his helmet. Hence, if his helmet is somehow removed in battle, the skullcap will provide him continued protection from psionic attacks on his mind.

Weapons - Kree Nega Bands

http://www.avengersforever.org/char.../Characters.asp

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../juggernaut.htm

They all have links. I just copy and pasted stats together and changed the name for the bio.

Doctor Druid bio is right there on that page, just scroll down the character list.

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Apr 24th, 2005 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:28 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

but you used other hulks as examples so why can't i?? this storm happened in the 616 universe as well she exists in the what-if universe. so because i can't find a link but i provided a pivture i can't have her?? i gave all the knowlege you need about her cause i can't find a link. she was given a hammer that is almost the same as thors by loki. her weather powers were enhanced and she was able to control weather on a greater scale then thor. she was the goddess of thunder and was given rule over asgard in the what-if universe. most people already know about her. she is basically a female thor that can control weather better. i provided a picture showing you that she is real. i provided all the info that you could find on a site about her. and about the first site is is a natural site you don't have to search for everyting. please clarify why goddess storm isn't allowed seeing as i provided a picture, good info, and you used examples of diferent people.

No Link means you can't have her.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:28 PM
stormfront13

how bout i provide a thor link and a storm link cause thats basicallly the same

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:29 PM
stormfront13

and imo that is BS. so no one wanted to create a link for her so in ur mind she doesn't exist??

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:30 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Re: Re: Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Draft Day 1 (Choose Now! First Come First Serve

Originally posted by Sentry
Ok we only choose one chracter?

How bout this one?

Dr. Marvel Cain

Height: 6"10

Weight: 700lbs

Dr. Marvel Cain is a cross between Doctor Druid, Captain Marvel(Genis), and The Juggernaut

Strength - The Dr. Marvel Cain possesses Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons. The Dr.Cain is said to be unstoppable, and the upper limit to his strength is not known. Dr. Cain possesses untold power, mystical in nature, which enhances his strength to an as yet unknown degree and makes him a seemingly irresistible, unstoppable being.

Durability/Stamina/Speed - Besides giving him impressive superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gives the an extraordinary degree of resistance to all conventional forms of attack. In rare cases when a weapon breaches Cain's invulerability, Dr. Marvel Cain has been able to regenerate within miliseconds. Cain can shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Cain can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen. He is sustained by his mystical energies alone. In addition to his powers from Cyttorak, He possesses the Kree Nega bands, which channels cosmic energy into his enclaves, which further bolsters his strength and metabolism, and giving him the power of interstellar flight enabling him to traverse the universe at a speed beyond light.

Mental powers/Magical abilities - He had a remarkable control over his body and bodily systems, could communicate telepathically, and could psychically mesmerize others, often casting illusions directly into their minds. He could levitate and perform telekinesis to a small extent. Cain also possessed a high degree of magical sensitvity, in detecting magical energies as well as sensing impending danger. Cain supplemented these powers with magical spells he has learned over years. He had a large repetoire of Druidic rituals, including one that can bridge dimensions.

Energy Projection - Dr. Cain can emit powerful concussive force blasts of cosmic energy from his Nega Bands. He also has the ability to absorb cosmic energy and bolster his strength and metabolism. Cain also possesses Cosmic Awareness, which allows him to sense danger on a universal level. As a result, he has limited ability to see the future, he can perceive objects and individuals, the presence of beings, and cosmic threats cloaked by invisibility or illusions throughout the universe.

Paraphenalia - Dr. Marvel Cain wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the dimension of Cyttorak. Wearing this helmet, Cain is able to resist all forms of psionic attack on his mind successfully. Recently, Cain constructed a skullcap from scraps of the metal he used to construct the helmet. He wears the skullcap under, his helmet. Hence, if his helmet is somehow removed in battle, the skullcap will provide him continued protection from psionic attacks on his mind.

Weapons - Kree Nega Bands

http://www.avengersforever.org/char.../Characters.asp

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../juggernaut.htm

They all have links. I just copy and pasted stats together and changed the name for the bio.

Only 1 out of your 3 characters can be chosen. You mix them up after you've chosen all three.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:30 PM
stormfront13

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...=76&page=12

there there is a bit of info on her. scroll down a bit and it is the third section

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:32 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Captain Marvel
Ok, Genis.

Also known as Genis Vell :

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:32 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

and imo that is BS. so no one wanted to create a link for her so in ur mind she doesn't exist??

No link means no character choice. It was stated in the rules in the sign-up thread. By Signing up, you agreed to follow the rules.

If you don't wish to participate and follow the rules like everyone so far, then you don't have to be in the tournament.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 05:33 PM