KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pre-Crisis Supes vs Extremely Confident Glads

Pre-Crisis Supes vs Extremely Confident Glads
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pre-Crisis Supes vs Extremely Confident Glads

Pre-Crisis Superman

VS

Extremely Confident Gladiator

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 06:59 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sylvanelf

Well, seeing how Gladiator effectively *is* Pre-Crisis Superman, the power levels are not the determining factor, since they're basically the same.

I think this would go very much like Superman's first encounter with Lobo. What happened there was that Superman was so used to being the most powerful being around that Lobo caught him completely off guard when he turned out to be as strong and tough as Supes. Superman's fighting skill wasn't very impressive, since he could rely on his superstrength and superspeed (yes, along with all those other super-fill-in-the-blanks) to win the day for him without much effort.
Lobo, on the other hand, was a ruthless brawler and didn't hesitate in acting on his goal of beating the junk out of Supes (actually intending to kill him). Superman tried to turn it around, but he didn't come to realize that his method of fighting nice and holding back was going to cost him his life until it was too late. (Of course, he survived by tricking Lobo into thinking he was dead...)

Anyway, what carries this fight is the attitudes of the combatants. Generally speaking, Gladiator is the more combat-minded of the two. He was born and bred to be a warrior, to defend his queen and her empire. He lives to fight.
Superman can certainly step up when it's called for, but I don't think it would be soon enough. Gladiator would tear into him right from the start, and that would probably give him enough of an advantage to take Supes down.

Gladiator 7/10

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:09 PM
sylvanelf is currently offline Click here to Send sylvanelf a Private Message Find more posts by sylvanelf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Uh. Didn't Lobo appear AFTER the Crisis.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:10 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

haha yea I thnk lobo did, but his point could still be valid

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:14 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The second paragraph maybe. The first paragraph, no.

Super Galaxy Buster SNEEZE! Beat that biyatches!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:16 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

pre-crisis superman >>> Gladiator >> Superman

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:22 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

AHHHHHHHH.....CHOOO!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:59 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sylvanelf

Actually, Lobo was a pre-crisis character, first appearing in Omega Men in 1983, but his origin was modified a good bit after the crisis.

The encounter with Superman that I described above was post-crisis, being written in Adventures of Superman #464 in 1990.

I only used it as an example of how I thought the fight would go, but feel free to read any other imaginings into it as it pleases you.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:51 PM
sylvanelf is currently offline Click here to Send sylvanelf a Private Message Find more posts by sylvanelf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

PRECRISIS supes

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:37 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
derrick24
Restricted

Account Restricted

another great thing about gladiator, which its usually is stated in all the comics he shows up in, is that whatever he put his mind up to he could do it. I cant see superman causing him any harm either, the guy took a nova blast without any injury and then he flew off afterwards. Im trying so hard to think of a way superman could win but if its gladiator at full confidence, superman is going to get slaughtered. Go to marvel directory. com and read his feats, his strength is immeasurable and he moves at the speed of light and he is a great hand to hand fighter, SINCE HE WAS trained from the time he was born.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:37 PM
derrick24 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick24 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by derrick24
another great thing about gladiator, which its usually is stated in all the comics he shows up in, is that whatever he put his mind up to he could do it. I cant see superman causing him any harm either, the guy took a nova blast without any injury and then he flew off afterwards. Im trying so hard to think of a way superman could win but if its gladiator at full confidence, superman is going to get slaughtered. Go to marvel directory. com and read his feats, his strength is immeasurable and he moves at the speed of light and he is a great hand to hand fighter, SINCE HE WAS trained from the time he was born.

Sois Gladiator tough then eek! ?

please read the gay supermen thread

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:06 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Hmm, close call. If Glads is determined to do something he can. His power is literally willpower. If his will falters, Gladiator fails. If not and Kallark stays focussed on his task (and his opponent can not emit 'unspecified' radiation or pull knowledge of Gladiator's weakness out his ass ala Hulk), they're getting slapped up like dollar hoes in Detroit.

If Pre-Crisis Supes was attacking the Shi'ar Throneworld and attempted to 'sneeze' it away, Gladiator would beat him to death with his gloved hands before he could muster the breath to do it. 'Sneezing' away Glads [and I only bring up the sneeze because it's referred to so much as a display of Supes ridiculous power, and the magic sneezing powder that caused it is not at Superman's disposal as a weapon so I have no idea why it's always brought up] would be pointless because Gladiator can travel through hyperspace and surpass light speed, he'd be back punching Supes in the gut before Clark was done 'sneezing'. For all intents and purposes, Gladiator IS Pre-Crisis Supes, only he's supes if he he was a highly trained soldier and leader with a killer instinct and mohawk. Pre-Crisis Supes is a boyscout who never seemed to be evenly matched, and when he was or faced an opponent of equal to greater power (He-Man, Pre-Crisis Darkseid), he got either b*tch slapped or feared for his life (He-Man).

Basically, Gladiator would drop some serious blows on Supes and could drop the arrogant prick before he realized Gladiator was an exact replica of him with a mohawk, less weaknesses, and more speed.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:21 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

quote: (post)
Originally posted by derrick24
Does Gladiator have a gigantic page of his amazing feats? Gladiator doesn't stand a chance. Superman is too smart for that fool.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:40 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator is faster and potentially better at every single other power of Superman.

Whatever PC Sups can do, Gladiator can do it faster and better.

Very simple.

Whatever the next comments say Superman can do, just imagine Gladiator doing the same thing but better.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:02 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Supes pre-crisis is incredibly powerful. Hes powerful on a universal, or perhaps even a multiversal level, whereas glads is only powerful on a galactic level

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 10:01 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

the dude can reach the end of the universe in the matter of a second. he can sneeze a solar system. no way gladiator is winning plus he has super-ventriliquism.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:45 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

the dude can reach the end of the universe in the matter of a second. he can sneeze a solar system. no way gladiator is winning plus he has super-ventriliquism.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:45 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

(please log in to view the image)

vs

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:25 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

^ laughing

Are those ambiguous or what... lol

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:42 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

VS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:47 PM