KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs Flash

decide the victor
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vader 8 47.06%
Flash 9 52.94%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Vader vs Flash
Started by: ebonyblade1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ebonyblade1

Darth Vader vs Flash

I was thinking the other day that since laser and beam weapons fire at light speed more(tachyon beam) or less(electro-beam) and a jedi can block any beam. How would a jedi do against the flash. I wanted to use Mace Windu or Yoda, because those two or arguably the best swordsmen in star wars universe, but Darth Vader has the most power. And flash is super powerful now. I have no preference and I will choose after seeing what you all have to say.

The setting: The JLA watch tower.

stipulation: last man standing wins.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:35 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I'm not sure, but I think Flash moves faster than a man or machine can react.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:47 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Yeah the thing about that is all the Jedi see into the future, some or better than others. Mace Windu and Anakin/Darth Vader or particularly good at it. So, they see what's coming before it comes no matter how fast its coming and no one knows how fast there force speed is. But according to revenge of the sith when Mace Windu was fighting the Emperor/Sith Lord they were moving so fast anakin could not see them with his naked eyes, but he could feel them in the force. Kinda like on Dragonball Z.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:57 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Flash is faster then their precog.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 03:09 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Even if Vader uses the Force The Flash will be faster and cunning. By the time Vader pulls out his lightsaber Flash speed would be enough to knock Vader out. Flash wins!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 03:58 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The blaster fire in SW is actually extremely slow, slower then a bullet even. You can see the blaster fire on the screen and R2 and C3PO stumbling through the fire at the same time so you know its no where near the speed of sound let alone light speed.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 04:11 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Okay, the blaster fire is slow so we can see the action. But I am sure when flash has a movie, he want be moving so fast no one can see what going on. Logic here please. Explain your answer. Support your argument. Don't give he wins just because he will win kinda answers. They use lasers and blasters in star wars when fired they move at light speed. And by definition nothing is faster than precog thought. Are you referring to reaction time?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:20 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Flash

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:23 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

"Flash I am ...your father...join me....join the dark side.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:24 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

A Jedi can see a fraction of a second into the future - that's how they know where a blaster beam is going to land and they can block it.

However - that is only one shot.

If a hundred blaster shots came at them from point blank range from every single direction at what might as well be the exact same time... how well would they fare then?

Cos that's what a flurry of punches from the Flash would be like.

No time to react, no time to block. It doesn't matter whether you saw the first punch coming - you can't move fast enough to stop the ten, twenty, fifty, one hundred that appear the splitsecond later....

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:27 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Well actually some of your answers make sense, but if the force could be used like telekinesis. Couldn't vader simply seize him. Force choke him. etc Also with the force, vader has an unfair advantage. He know what's going to happen before it happens. And don't use that moving faster than thought argument. It does not apply to precog. All humans have precog potential thru dream, God or what have you. if you dreamed that the flash was going to be in an enclosed area. You would know how to kill him and he would have any idea what was going on unless you were one of those villians who blab about you big plan before you do it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:28 PM
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
All humans have precog potential thru dream, God or what have you.

confused ?? confused

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:31 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Thanks Zephro that's very logical. But that's the average jedi. It doesn't apply to darth, mace,dooku, or yoda. yoda is the only gentle one I listed. Mace, Darth and Dooku first strike would be deadly and yeah they can block a hundred blast. Darth can do it with the force, and Mace can do it with his sword. I am just guessing about dooku and yoda. But I see what you are saying force sight works well on an individual, but not so well on a group so your blaster idea is on point. But I am not sure if it will give flash much of an edge.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:35 PM
ebonyblade1

who?-kid. you have never had a dream about a future event? Just kidding. Sometimes God sends people visions. That is what I mean by that.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:37 PM
radioboy121

Flash wins.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
who?-kid. you have never had a dream about a future event? Just kidding. Sometimes God sends people visions. That is what I mean by that.

You mean something like deja vu?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:57 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

The thing is, it's not just about knowing that somethings going to happen - it's having the power to react to it as well. I don't believe a Jedi can move at the speed of light.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:00 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rocstyles

Vader could just force choke him.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:10 PM
rocstyles is currently offline Click here to Send rocstyles a Private Message Find more posts by rocstyles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

I don't know who used this anology, but it's a good one, so I'm going to re-use it lol.

If you sat Vader in a dark room, then switched the light switch on - would he be able to use force choke before the light reached him?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:13 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which Flash, Wally is pretty weak willed with the right motivation he could be turned. "We have some babes in the dark side".
"Yabba dabba, hubba, hubba where do I sign Darth daddy dearest".
maybe not!!
Seriously Flash wins.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:22 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Zephro it depends on how his precog works. I use mace as an example because I know How his works. I really don't know how vader's work at least I haven't read a book on it. See mace has the ability to see critical points in the future of an individual or object. he calls them shatterpoints where the very outcome of the battle hinges on his action at that point. Depends on the situation, sometimes he will see it well before it happens and sometime it will be the just an instant. It works in his favor. It has a weakness though. But anyway if he was in a dark room he would throw his blade before you ever reached the switch. I am pretty sure that Vader would work similiar or better.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:42 PM