KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs Flash

decide the victor
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vader 8 47.06%
Flash 9 52.94%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Vader vs Flash
Started by: ebonyblade1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZephroCarnelian

Yes.

Say Vader's precog detects that Flash is about to punch him.

Thought impulses are sent to various parts of the brain telling him what is going to happen and when. He now pictures it in his mind, then thinks of a way to react, then he sends nerve signals down to his arms to start swinging his light sabre OR raise his hand and get ready to perform a force choke/lightning/wedgey/whatever.

All of this only takes a fraction of a second.

A fraction of a second in which Flash could brew some tea, drink said tea, eat a biscuit, pop down the shops, buy a paper, read said paper, fill out the crossword, laugh at his own comic strip in the paper, read the Star Wars review, see a pic of Darth without his mask, wonder if he really is that butt ugly, take Darth's mask off and see that he IS that ugly, pop to the nearest mall, buy some makeup, give Darth a makeover, put his helmet back on, give Darth a wedgey, tie Darth's bootlaces together, superglue all the furniture in the room to the ceiling and run off to catch a movie...

Darth swings his lightsabre upwards ready to block....

Wonders why he can taste lipstick and blusher, why his arse is on fire, spies an open newspaper and half a steaming cup of tea on the floor where the table used to be and when he's pondering over all of this he trips over, gets hit by a falling chair and killed.

Flash wins.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:31 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

precisely. Like I said earlier if flash was in a movie he would move slow enough for you to see him. That's why the jedi seem so slow. If you read any of the book you would realize just how fast they are. The Jedi Lords Like mace and yoda or extremely fast. And the same is true of the Sith lord vader and the emporer. I don't know about obi wan. He seems pretty average until you make him mad.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:32 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Okay let us establish one thing for now one. The average Jedi is way faster, and reacts faster than any human and most computers. To clarify let us not treat them like they are as slow as say the highlander or something. We can probably safely put them at Dragon ball Z speed. Goku before super saiyin. Can we all agree upon that?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:37 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Hmm... they're faster for sure...

But could a Jedi evacuate an entire city full of people and take them to a safe distance several miles away in the split second before a nuclear explosion?

Compared to that kind of speed, a Jedi simply isn't moving...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:39 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Evacuating them in ones or twos at a time...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:39 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
you are right I don't understand this reaction speed of the flash. If it is as instantaneous as you say, why could he had just avoided deathstroke sword? Seriously, I hope you read this and can provide an answer.
He could of and probably should of vibrated through the sword but from what I gathered, Deathstroke used a series a bombs to trick Flash into running into his sword.

I guess it would kind of be like Pacman when you head in one pathway with a ghost on your tail but realize there's a ghost at the other end too. You're not dead yet but you know you're trapped and there's nothing you can do to stop one of those ghosts from getting you.
quote:
Vader could have dreamed of the fight months before it even happen and planned accordingly. That's the advantage of a precog.
C'mon man, that's just crazy talk.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:41 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He could of and probably should of vibrated through the sword but from what I gathered, Deathstroke used a series a bombs to trick Flash into running into his sword.

I guess it would kind of be like Pacman when you head in one pathway with a ghost on your tail but realize there's a ghost at the other end too. You're not dead yet but you know you're trapped and there's nothing you can do to stop one of those ghosts from getting you.C'mon man, that's just crazy talk.

By the time Flash realized what happened the swrd was already in his lung.

Im sure we all saw Star Wars Ep.2. Remember when Ani and Obi was chasing the changeling. Obi thought Anekin lost her, but Ani already knew that she was coming and where she was. If that aint seeingthe future, I dont know what is. Im sure we all agree that Jedi's(Yoda, Vader, Emperor), has better precog than Deathstroke.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:00 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

How is that crazy? if the fight is serious enough which against the flash. It is possible. I don't think it would happen but it is possible. he saw his mother's death before it happen he may be able to see his own. He is a precog. Yeah I read when flash evacuated all those people. I admit that was very fast. I think it was bad writing. Light could not bounce back and forth over that distance that fast. And he was carrying people with his very human strength. He had to be moving twice the speed of light. which doesn't make sense. But we can let him have that speed It doesn't matter. It's still not fast enough.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:00 PM
ebonyblade1

But I will help you out, I will tell how the flash can win. Flash cruises in and realizes quickly he is fighting someone who can anticipate his every moves and although he isn't as fast as flash he blocks and parry flashes every possible attempt to get thru vaders defenses. So flash prepares for the inevitable. When vader stabs him in abdomen flash grabs and holds the sword in place vader anticipates what's coming and prepares to block with a force shield, but it is not enough to stop flash infinity punch. Flash pulls out the sword and heals himself with the force.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:07 PM
ebonyblade1

Of course the flash doesn't fight like that. So vader still takes this. 5 out of 10. Hey I know the flash can win. I just want a better argument than "cause he is faster."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:09 PM
Kid Kurdy

who?-kid. you have never had a dream about a future event? Just kidding. Sometimes God sends people visions. That is what I mean by that.

Ok, no problem. Have to go now, and lay down a bit...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:15 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

How is that crazy?
Because for one, the rules say no prep time unless otherwise stated. And two, hinging the fight whether or not Vader dreams he'll be fighting Flash is ludicrous.
Of course the flash doesn't fight like that. So vader still takes this. 5 out of 10. Hey I know the flash can win. I just want a better argument than "cause he is faster."
This isn't a comic through. Flash has uneventfully knocked people out in a shred of a second but usually doesn't because it makes for boring stories. Since there is no story here, at the most Vader would get 1/10. After the first fight, if Flash loses, the other nine would be Flash KOing Vader before he can react.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:48 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote