KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Ravenger and other KOTOR-era musings

The Ravenger and other KOTOR-era musings
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

The Ravenger and other KOTOR-era musings

This is just some of my ranting about KOTOR-era things. I think it’s pretty good so please read and reply.

How powerful was the Ravenger. For anyone who doesn’t know, she was Revan's flagship during the Mandalorian wars. How would it compare to the Leviathan, Saul Carath's ship and I believe Malak's flagship during the Jedi Civil war. I also noticed that it has several features that are very similar to an Imperial Star Destroyer, like that bump thing on the bottom; I think it is a sensor pod; and a bridge that resembles a Victory-class Star Destroyer. Could you also put any history or specs that you know of like the length, crew capacity, fighter capacity, hyperdrive speed, etc. Also, was it made on the Star Forge? I at first thought so, but then I thought that the Star Forge would have probably made ships more like to give them an extra advantage over the Republic ships, if it is more powerful than a ship like the Leviathan. Also, some of you probably think that it has to be the most powerful because it was his flagship. It should be noted that the most powerful ship is not always the flagship, i.e. Grand Admiral Thrawn used the Chimera; a Imperial Star Destroyer; when there Super Star Destroyers available. I also think that it could not have been made by the Star Forge because it was his flagship during the Mandalorian wars and I think he discovered the Star Forge in that time he went to the Unknown Regions and was thought lost. If I am correct, you made. If must have been a fearsome ship because the Republic sent a fleet to defend Telos from it. I presume if it was not made by the Star Forge, it was made by some other ship builders, possibly Correlians, and was the only one. I also think that it may have been made by the Sith Empire. This seemed like a good idea except for the fact, I am almost 100% certain, that Revan had no dealings with the, as said by Kreia, fake Sith Empire. You know, not the force users, the army one. Also, it seems if it was built by anyone other than the Sith Empire, the Republic would use the design, because like I said before, they sent a fleet to defend Telos from it. And did the "Army" Sith Empire,( I shall from now on call it Revans Sith Empire). Even exist back during the Mandalorian was. I am inclined to believe that they did not, and that leaves a gap in where it could have been. Heck, maybe the Republic built her and she was their flagship, but Revan took it and after their wars with the Mandalorians and Revans Sith Empire, they lacked the resources to build a new one. Still, it seems unlikely that they wouldn't at least to build something like it, simply because I have enough faith in the Engineers of the Republic in that day to realize that the wedge shape, not only a powerful weapon of psychological warfare, if a extremely efficient design because, if I have thought this through correctly, would allow someone to bring over 2/3 of their weapons to bear on a target directly in front of them. Such weapon emplacement efficiency is I am almost 100% sure impossible with ships shaped like the Republic ships that we see. If the Republic was the builders of this ship, I find it very strange that the would not incorporate at least some of these designs onto some of the ships on their fleet. And if was a private ship builder, they must have known that they could have made untold sums of money contracting for a massive government like the Republic. I also very recently came to the conclusion that it may have been stolen from the Mandalorian, because I am pretty sure none of their ships, other than a Basilisk, have been shown so far. This also seems unlikely because they had less than one-fifth of the resources of the Republic when their war began. It may be possible that it was made by the "True" Sith Empire, the one with the Sith Magicians.( I will refer to this one as the True Sith Empire for now on.) This, although seems dumb at first, is a remarkably likely possibility because they had the resources to build such a ship, and had a reason' they were fighting ;an overall; technologically superior foe. This would also explain why no more were build, they were driven from "Known" space. This theory is also not without it's flaws. As far as I know; Revan had no contact with the True Sith Empire before his disappearance into the Unknown regions.

Please post any answers to these. I will think of more things and post them in time.

post here

Last edited by Darth_Glentract on Apr 25th, 2005 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Te Ravanger was around during the Mandalorian Wars dude.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I said that. did you freakin read it.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

The RAVAGER was probably more powerful than Malak & Saul's LEVIATHAN, though it's not really possible to tell.
Made on the Star Forge? Probably not, because the Sith Interdictor ships were, so the RAVAGER-like ships were probably those that Revan's fleet used to destroy the Mandalorian fleet.
Alot of the things you muse about above could just be speculation, but who really knows....

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:25 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The ravager was most likely a republic ship.

To answer your question about why they only build one... There were only two Bismarck like ships created by the german fleet, because it was to expensive and to time consuming to do so. The second one was created after the first one was destroyed.

The republic probably gave Revan their strongest ship as he was the most powerful General at that time, he controlled it. Went away with it, the republic thought the war was over and saw no need to create another one. When Revan returned with a Sith Armada the republic could have ordered the construction of a new ship. But ship building takes years, especially one that isn't a standard.

For all we know the ship was build somewhere on the outer rim, and Revan took over the plant it was build.

Anyways i think it was a Republic ship that was given to Revan to use in the Mandelorian wars. They didn't build a new one because they didn't think it was necessary, and when Revan returned he either destroyed or took over the plant, or the Republic just did not have the time to finish it by the time of Kotor.

Ships like that were probably incredibly expensive otherwise they would have had more of them, and after the Mandelorian wars the Republic was having enough trouble keeping money going for more standard things then huge and powerful flag ships. After Revan his return they just did not have the time, money or opportunity to build a new one.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Ravenger got a little beat up during the mandalorian wars....okay so what....if Revan was at the helm good bye mandalorians

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Does the Ravager show the wounds made by Malak in the battle? Is the bridge same as in the cutscene in KOTOR I?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

the bump on the bottom is actually a shield generator, star destroyers have 3

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 11:40 AM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Does the Ravager show the wounds made by Malak in the battle? Is the bridge same as in the cutscene in KOTOR I?

No but it shows signs of being repaired

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

repair follows damage so I guess that's logical

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

The ravanger is a piece of junk... I swear to god that a piece of bubble gum is keeping the ship together... Just incase Nihilus is sleeping... lol

For Fritos.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Interesting KOTOR II tidbit... With level three Battle Meditation, you can use it to affect the faction troops in the royal palace on Onderon.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I know, your point being?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 11:10 AM
Fishy

Anyways the Ravager wasn't Revan his ship.. Just found out during another game of Kotor II

The Ravager although showing signs of being repaired crashed at Malachor V. Revan didn't crash his ship at Malachor V. Revan left Malachor V in his ship. I don't know who owned the Ravager, but it wasn't Revan.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:46 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

It specifacly says it was Revan's flagship.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:15 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Revan wasn't even present at Malachor V during the battle. He was away fighting another force and could nto be back in time. Bao Dur says this/

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:25 AM
Fishy

At the time the Shadow Generator was activated... He had to be present at Malachor...

This is something that has always bothered me, in Kotor they all speak about how Revan won the battle at Malachor and defeated the Mandelorians. Even kotor II manages it, yet still somehow they say the Exile did it all... I hate that part, so i'm just going to assume that the weapon Bao Dur created blew up a part of the Mandelorian fleet and created Malachor V as it is now. But that it didn't destroy the Mandelorians...

And when was it said that it was Revan his flagship? Its kinda confusing because on the one hand its said that Revan wasn't there, then its said that he won the battle, then all of a sudden his ship crashed...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 7th, 2005 06:41 AM