KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Maul vs AotC Obi-Wan

Who would win in a duel between AotC Kenobi and Darth Maul
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Maul 11 50.00%
AotC Obi-Wan 11 50.00%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maul vs AotC Obi-Wan
Started by: Lord Darkstar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Maul vs AotC Obi-Wan

Ok, I recently made a thread asking who would win between Maul and AotC Anakin, Maul won by a long shot. So I'm making it more difficult, who would win between Maul and AotC Kenobi, I know that he died when faced with TPM Kenobi, but say that there were no spare lightsabers lying around, no pits to fall into, just a fight.
Actually say this takes place in the hanger where Anakin and Kenobi faced Dooku in AotC.
Who wins between Maul and AotC Kenobi?
Oh please give reasons for your post, not just, Maul, Kenobi, Maul, ur a moron, Kenobi etc.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Maul.

Obi faced one of the most powerful Sith Lords of that time and managed to survive, i'll be the first to admit thats quite a good thing to do, but Maul faced Obi and Qui Gon in battle at the same time. I don't know to much about Obi's old master, except for that he was Jedi Council material... So he was incredibly powerful thats for sure.

Maul still managed to beat him. He got killed by Obi because he was over confident but in a one on one fight against a powerful opponent he probably won't make that mistake. It just depends on skill then and i think Maul is a better then Obi, at least by AOTC

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah i agree.

Maul would win this one, but if it were ROTS Obi wan, i dont think it would be an amazing battle, but obi would more than likely prevail.

this one though, goes to Maul.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Yeah, Obi-Wan just quite hasn't reached that level of being able to defeat Maul saber to saber. (He defeated him originally through inginuity)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

You gotta remember though that Obi-wan has a decade of extra experience under his belt at the time of AOTC. IMO Obi-wan was almost at the level (in terms of saber combat) as Maul at the end of TPM, right after Qui-gon was killed. Its not like he fell into the pit becuase of a lack of saber skills...I mean he was dead even with Maul's moves until Maul force pushed him. Add ten years from that point and make Obi-wan a master in Form 3 as well, and I think he can snatch the win...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 09:51 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think Obi Wan has enough self control and ability to contend with and most likely defeat Maul at this point.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Possibly, but Maul's devotion to the sith order dwarfs obi-wan's jedi commitments, he does afterall defy yoda by training anakin

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Maul is all about rage. He uses anger as a weapon in battle, even if he doesn't openly show it. Obi Wan, in AOTC, is an image out of the Jedi handbook.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

He may use his rage in battle, but he doesn't let it consume him. Arrogance was his undoing.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:02 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

And one Obi Wan doesn't possess.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:06 AM
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

ob1 coulld beat him as a padawan he can do it again

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 10:10 AM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I suppose so. But I'm saying I'm not sure if he could out class him yet. It's the clone wars that really made Obi-Wan incredible and damn good with a saber

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:34 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd hate to go against ma' boy, but......Darth Maul most definately lets his rage and hate consume him. Arrogance was just a side-affect. He's nothin but rage hate and evil...but i also think that these traits would help him get the victory. ROTS Obi would most definately win though.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jackstain
I'd hate to go against ma' boy, but......Darth Maul most definately lets his rage and hate consume him. Arrogance was just a side-affect. He's nothin but rage hate and evil...but i also think that these traits would help him get the victory. ROTS Obi would most definately win though.

Rage is good, but it doesn't support you in a long fight, it makes you tired. If somebody can block your first attacks you are doomed. You can't hold one forever when fighting like that, against somebody who can defend himself incredibly well you stand no chance.

I really do not think that rage would have helped Maul in a fight against a real Jedi Master, it would have made him die faster

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats your opinion, and ur entitled to it.

but if i were in a fight against some kid who was all happy-go-lucky, and he had cut me in half 10 years previous, and i was out to get him, and more pissed than ever, then he wuld go down, you see what im sayin?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:00 PM
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jackstain
thats your opinion, and ur entitled to it.

but if i were in a fight against some kid who was all happy-go-lucky, and he had cut me in half 10 years previous, and i was out to get him, and more pissed than ever, then he wuld go down, you see what im sayin?

Yeah, and in a short fight i agree.

It gives you a certain early edge, but what if the attacks are blocked and a lightsaber master could probably block them, then what? Maul goes tired quicker then the Lightsaber master who is just blocking and taking it easy because Maul is using a lot more power. Maul would lose in the long run, however he does have an advantage early on in the fight...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:05 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

against ROTS obi, yea i agree, but theres no way AOTC obi culd do it, thats just my opinion. dont have to try and change my mind.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:07 PM
Fishy

I agree with you, just felt like pointing out that the rage would not always work in his favour... Against a opponent that is skilled enough to block his attacks he stands no real chance. AOTC obi imo was not however.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:22 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

aight cool.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 07:24 PM