KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Shaq or Yao?

Would you draft Shaq or Yao?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yao Ming 11 61.11%
Shaquille O'Neal 7 38.89%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaq or Yao?
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Shaq or Yao?

If there was a draft which included these 2 centers? Which one would you choose? I'm not talking for one season? I'm talking about overall including the future. Or in other words, would you take Shaq for like the next 4 years or Yao for like the next 12? Shaq was the man but Yao is on the path to pass him up real soon. In 2 years or so I think he will probably pass Shaq as the league's best center.

BTW: Shaq and Yao play tonight and so far this season, Yao has got the better of Shaq with like 29pts/game to 24 and 9rbs/game to 8.3 or something.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 07:49 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath2.0

Personally, I'll take Tim Duncan over either of them.

But for the sake of your little game, I would rather have Yao on my franchise. A) He's a lot younger than Shaq. B) He's less injury prone than Shaq. C) He can't speak English so he can't complain when Steve Francis shoots 20 times a game and never passes him the ball in the post smile D) He's the best passing big man the NBA has seen in quite some time. E) I absolutely despise the Lakers

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 09:20 PM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

neitha of them are good nemore..there are so many new good rookies evry year i wouldnt kno who to draft?!?!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 09:23 PM
Karma Toreall is currently offline Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by cookies2006
neitha of them are good nemore..there are so many new good rookies evry year i wouldnt kno who to draft?!?!

are you smoking crack woman??? who isnt good anymore??? shaq still has 3 or 4 good years left in him, yao has about 10, and duncan has 8 or so.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 09:38 PM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

yah that's real fair....Shaq's already been in the league for what? 10....maybe 11 years of ass whooping. Yao hasn't even started to scratch the surface of his potential.

Yao!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 10:04 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Where's the votes for Yao? People seem to prefer him but nobody but myself has voted for him while there are 2 anonymous Shaq fans who voted without a response.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 12:06 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Yao

he has better skill and is younger. Shaq is only big. Being able to walk is his only skill

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 03:34 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

He can barely do that at times. That's another problem with Shaq, his toe or foot or whatever. It hurts him frequently since he weighs so much and that weight isn't going away, so his pain won't go away either. Its just going to get worse.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 04:53 AM
Jeff_Atello

If we were drafting, then that would mean Shaq would just be entering the NBA, right? Then my pick would definitely go to him. Nobody can stop him because he's so damn big.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 07:08 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

No, I'm talking about right now, if there was a re-draft. Thats obvious you would take Shaq when he was younger.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 09:49 PM
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
Originally posted by boxofdeath2.0
Personally, I'll take Tim Duncan over either of them.

But for the sake of your little game, I would rather have Yao on my franchise. A) He's a lot younger than Shaq. B) He's less injury prone than Shaq. C) He can't speak English so he can't complain when Steve Francis shoots 20 times a game and never passes him the ball in the post smile D) He's the best passing big man the NBA has seen in quite some time. E) I absolutely despise the Lakers

Tim would w00p any of dem. But Yao would take over Shaq.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 12:26 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Well Tim is reigning MVP (soon to be KG) so of course you would take him over either of them. But Yao is the best person to pick at the center position (true center, not F/C, I know Tim can play it better).

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 04:21 AM
Jeff_Atello

Ok, then...I would tke Yao, no questions asked.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 05:05 AM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

tim would get worked on the block against either Yao or Shaq. He's not a center so there should be no comparison there. I'd take KG over Duncan anyday. And if Jermaine O'Neal started his career in the west coast against primier comptetitors...then i'd probably take him over Tim Duncan too. IMO the east slows down his development...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 03:24 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i would pick TD or KG anyday over these 2. but... i think that throughout his career shaq has remained consistant, i mean 10 yearz of dunks n everything, so over-all hez of course better, but if i were 2 pick right now i would defiantely pick YAO! plus i m from houston myself lol

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 03:28 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I agree completely alic88. I think TD could out play Yao or Shaq though Link. It would go back and forth.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 08:16 PM
justinday15
Jay

Yao

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 10:50 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emmpoi

neither

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 12:02 AM
emmpoi is currently offline Click here to Send emmpoi a Private Message Find more posts by emmpoi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wow, since the idea is a comparison between these two, its probably not the smartest thing to choose neither.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 12:45 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by boxofdeath2.0
C) He can't speak English so he can't complain when Steve Francis shoots 20 times a game and never passes him the ball in the post smile

not true. i heard him speak nearly perfect english. better than most asians anyway.

oh yea, and i'd pick Yao.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 01:13 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote