KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can someone help me out here?

Can someone help me out here?
Started by: Shujinko_2005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shujinko_2005
Jedi Padawan

Can someone help me out here?

Can someone please tell me what video games besides KOTOR 1 and 2 are considered canon?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Shujinko_2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Shujinko_2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hm. Most of the video games out are considered secondary canon, along with books, comics, and other EU things. Movies themselves are considered primary canon, although the distinction is blurry at best.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shujinko_2005
Jedi Padawan

Oh that's cool! So the Jedi Knight series are considered canon too, i take it.. that's good to hear

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Shujinko_2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Shujinko_2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Of course. Lucasfilm and Lucasarts signed off on all Star Wars products, dating back to the cheesy Atari and Nintendo versions.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange
Master of the mystic arts

Actually, of all the star wars games I've played, KOTOR seems to screw with with the EU cannon the most.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shujinko_2005
Jedi Padawan

Also, is it true what i heard about the lightside endings of Kotor, Jedi Academy, kotor 2 etc being the "official" ones?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 09:54 PM
Wanderer259

The Light Side ending to KotOR is indeed the "official" or canon ending, supposedly according to Lucas himself. As for KotOR II and Jedi Academy, I have no idea. I wasn't aware Jedi Academy even had different endings.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Me either. That game got too boring to beat.

KOTOR may be a mess to fit into EU, but I like it's background and storylines best.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 03:01 AM
Shujinko_2005
Jedi Padawan

****SPOILERS****

Jedi Academy has indeed 2 endings. In the lightside one you fight Tavion in the end then Marka Ragnos possesses her and u fight Tavion (with M.Ragnos) inside. After that M.Ragnos is sealed back in his tomb and Kyle and Luke congratulate Jaden. In the darkside one u kill Tavion for the M. Ragnos's scepter, than Kyle steps in and u fight him. After u defeat him, Luke appears and saves Kyle who is under a pile of rocks. Kyle then says that Jaden is his responsability and that he will go after him. In the end we see Jaden in a star destroyer with an evil look in his eyes.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 08:40 AM
Fishy

I like the Dark side ending a lot more, its so much better... Why the hell didn't they just made that the official one? What is it with games with multiple endings always choosing the light side one?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 11:17 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Actually ALL of EU, be it books, comics, video games...are Non-Canon.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 02:09 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote