KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » What if James Cameron directed T3?

What if James Cameron directed T3?
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

What if James Cameron directed T3?

In my opinion, he would have made it more violent, more realistic, less cheesieness, it would have been about an hour longer as well. What little things do you think he would have changed?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 12:54 PM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

i think he would do the things you said but i don't think he would of had Sarah dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 01:36 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

1. It would have been much better

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 06:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

It might have been better than T2.........if thats even possible.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 09:23 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Actually I reckon nothing would have beaten T2, however had Cameron directed it probably would have beaten T1 at least.

Better dialogues and more depth would have been instilled.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 12:58 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

True, and the story/plot/script along with the effects would have been absolutely mind blowing to say the least. If James could manage to land a 200 million dollard budget for the Titanic in 1997 then just imagine the budget he could have landed with T3 in 2003.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 12:54 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
y_monkee

sarah wouldn't have died cos hamilton only didn't wanna come back cos there was no cameron

i think Cameron would've got Arnie to be bad for longer and got rid of that damn TX and replace her with a real baddie

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 12:55 PM
y_monkee is currently offline Click here to Send y_monkee a Private Message Find more posts by y_monkee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Haha 'a real baddie'.

Very well put.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 12:31 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I completely agree with y_monkee, James would have really made T3 an epic and something new and fresh that movie fans would have never seen before. It would have been as importnat a film to the film industry as Terminator 2 and the original Matrix were.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 03:27 AM
lordofwar

His vision for T3 would of been better.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 05:28 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

if you are asking: what if Cameron had directed, using the same (or slightly altered screenplay and premise) then:

more of the 'little things' would have been fixed, or paid attention to

things like John Connor's age, how and why the 2004 T-101 seemed to have 'learned' as much as the 1994 T-101 ( example: knowing to look under the sun visor for keys rather than hot-wiring the vehicle)

more back and more future story stuff, connecting to the present story stuff

Sarah Connor might still have 'died' but only to take herself off the grid, as John had done (and as revealed in my version of T4) she would return, to help John save the day...

oh, and best of all: imagine all the boo-hoo fanboys who would be falling all over themselves with praise over the 'ultimate Terminator flick' using essentially the same damn script and story, if Cameron had directed, vs Mostow's direction of T3...

that would be the funniest and most ironic thing to witness!

Of course, we'd never know those same idiots were the hypocritical critics they are, since we can't go back and relive, and alter, timelines with just a few modifications... but you can bet some of these punks would be all over T3 as the 'greatest Terminator ever made' rather than the greatest steaming pile ever made, simply based on the director, all other things being equal...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 05:21 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

I think he would have elaborated more on what john went through from his t2 to t3 experiences. Just a guess

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 11:07 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlickRick69

things like John Connor's age, how and why the 2004 T-101 seemed to have 'learned' as much as the 1994 T-101 ( example: knowing to look under the sun visor for keys rather than hot-wiring the vehicle)

In the book version of Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines, Kate Brewster had one of the HR Techies(a guy that knows how to reprogram Terminators) with the keys under the sun visor and where the coffin full of weapons is.

Benhacker cool

P.S. : I would have been cool if they put more future battle sequences.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:31 PM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

I've been meaning to get the T3 book. Sounds like there is some interesting things in it.

For those who have read the book, is there any things that would of been cool if it were in the movie?

I think Cameron's T3 would be more about the future battle and focusing on that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:58 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyDo3

**** then it would be the greatest movie of the year

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 12:14 AM
JohnnyDo3 is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDo3 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Cameron hasn't been doing much directing lately has he..

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:34 AM
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Cameron hasn't been doing much directing lately has he..

He probably still hasnt got off the titanic high i guess....... roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 07:30 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 07:45 AM
coolmovies

James Cameron is one of my fav directors yes he would make it better

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 02:26 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

He did direct Titanic, which I thought was crap..

Old Post Aug 26th, 2006 05:35 AM