KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Review and Confirmation Thread

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Review and Confirmation Thread
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

It was a rule from the beginning. But there were a lot of rules, so it's understandable that some people didn't realize it until recently.

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Switching out Psylocke for now. Looking for a suitable replacement.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:47 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I here there's some character named JP Nataku...he sounds perfect for an amalgam. From what I hear he'd put Surfer on his a$$ in no time.

wink

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It was a rule from the beginning. But there were a lot of rules, so it's understandable that some people didn't realize it until recently.

-DM

hmmm....... guess i must have missed or overlooked it

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on May 1st, 2005 at 05:00 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:57 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I here there's some character named JP Nataku...he sounds perfect for an amalgam. From what I hear he'd put Surfer on his a$$ in no time.

wink

-DM

He's above herald level!

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:10 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I looked back over the initial rules Scoob. In her example character (Asgardian SuperSurfer) she had the format she wanted, and had one of them as the mind and one as the body. It wasn't explicitly explained until later (I remember reading it...must've been in one of the draft threads), but wasn't fully explained at the beginning (though, like I said, her example followed that format so you could tell it was a rule from the beginning, not something Evangel made up half-way through)...kind of unfortunate that not everyone realized it, but it would be worse to switch it now.

-DM

P.S. Sorry if you're not a she Evangel...I used "her" and "she" a lot.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:47 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

she also stated in her initial example:

"Asgardian SuperSurfer

Superman - Body/Powers
Thor - Mind/Powers/Mjolnir
Silver Surfer - Powers/Board"

then later changed it to:

"Asgardian SuperSurfer
Silver Surfer: Powers/Body (You cannot have the board without the body)
Superman: Powers
Thor: Powers/mind"

but i don't have a problem with this....... although Doom has used the surfers powers to control the board before

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:01 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i'd still really like to know the format we're going to be using..... as already stated a 10 person knockout tournament wont really work

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:18 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll re-issue my idea...but as always, it's up to Evangel.

I think whoever wins by the most votes in the first round should get a "bye" in round two. That would leave 4 fighting. Then, of the two that win those matches, again whoever wins by more votes gets a "bye" into the finals. The most number of matches you'd have to fight is 4...and to win it all you would have to fight at least 3 matches.

This gives us the incentive to try and destroy our opponents rather than just edge out a victory. Most fights should be close anyway, but it would just be an extra motivator.

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:23 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

My replacement for psylocke;

The runner (Before he was banned from dieing)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/runnerelder.htm

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:27 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

"When Norrin asked why he had come, Runner replied “Why to kill you, of course! I'll make it fast!” He nearly succeeded, easily overpowering the Surfer and sending him crashing down onto a barren world. “That was fun!” He remarked, before speeding away."

anyone who can "easily overpower" the Silver Surfer has got to be above herald level

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on May 1st, 2005 at 07:44 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:40 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok, so he can die. The site is ok, but doesn't offer amny specifics. How fast is he exactly? Is he kinda like another Flash? What are the energy blasts he uses made of (cosmic, primordial, other, etc.)? And I would imagine you're still using Surfer's body, so Runner's invulnerability and/or strength probably aren't an issue.

He seems fine to me, but I just want to make sure.

-DM

P.S. just read Scoob's thing before me...refer to his instead, looks like he knows more...

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:42 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

P.S. just read Scoob's thing before me...refer to his instead, looks like he knows more...

lol...... i didn't know much about the Runner at all.....i just read the page link that was posted.... that's a direct quote

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:45 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I just read some too. It says he lost to Thanos, but Thanos had the Time Gem at the time, and it was a decent fight. Sounds a little above herald to me.

He also took part in a plan to try and defeat Galactus. They failed, but even if you THINK you can take Galactus, that says something about your power level.

Yet another...helped battle and defeat the In-Betweener, who is well above herald.

And I missed this earlier, but it says he is "Physically indestructable" and his strength is "incalcuable". I'm going to say that he's probably too powerful.

-DM

Last edited by Digi on May 1st, 2005 at 07:56 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:48 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

if you keep reading it says later that they almost do kill Galactus from inside him

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:52 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

eh, worth a shot.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Nataku8188
eh, worth a shot.

lol....... you trying to sneak this one past us?

laughing

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 08:03 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by stormfront13
alright

binary-powers
bloodstorm-powers/magic ability
zatanna-mind/powers

So…like…is your character going to have a body? Or will we be fighting an intangible glob of energy? …lol… Just thought I’d let you know…

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 08:20 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

And I missed this earlier, but it says he is "Physically indestructable" and his strength is "incalcuable". I'm going to say that he's probably too powerful.M

hmmm..... someone has the Juggernaut as well....... what do you think of that?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 08:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Juggs isn't incalcuable strength, and there's loopholes to getting around his invulnerability (magic primarily, but there's also more than one way to win a fight). You're probably just trying to play devil's advocate, but I'm not worried about Juggs...I'd be very worried about Runner. And besides that, the "indestructable and incalcuable" wasn't the only reason...it just put Runner over the top (since the same two words could describe probably a few of the characters that were chosen, none of whom are above herald).

-DM

Old Post May 1st, 2005 08:35 PM