KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Truth on Gladiator

The Truth on Gladiator
Started by: savagerampage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: After the BS Marvel/DC crossover...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Gladiator beat THOR without much problem and without the help of THOR-girl he was done for sure.

Gladiator only came remotely close to beating Thor because Thor was going through one of the "lose the hammer for 60 seconds and your only human" phases.... if it was regular (no human weakness) Thor, then he would have got his a$$ handed to him....... like he does at the end when Thor gets his hammer back

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 1st, 2005 09:13 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Gladiator only came remotely close to beating Thor because Thor was going through one of the "lose the hammer for 60 seconds and your only human" phases.... if it was regular (no human weakness) Thor, then he would have got his a$$ handed to him....... like he does at the end when Thor gets his hammer back>>

thanks scoobs. actually saved me from bringing it up a point that has been mentioned over and over again in various threads.

<<When HULK fought Glads it was right after superman beat The HULK in their crossover, to make HULK look better they had him win pretty darn easily.>>

???

you can't really think the writers at marvel decided to have hulk win the fight just because he lost the cross-over voting to supes. what is this, a conspiracy against glads?? glads lost because . . . well, because he was fighting the frickin' hulk, one of the strongest (the strongest?) characters in the entire HISTORY of comics! hulk has history, has fought and defeated tons upon tons of -- ahhh, forget it. like i need to list the hulk's accomplishments. the original post said glads beat up the hulk. he did not. that was the point of my rebuttal. you like glads, that's cool. i'm not a big fan, but i do know he's tough. just don't want everyone making something of him that he's not. (ie - he is not able to 'beat up' hulk or thor. fight them? give a good showing? sure. beat them up?? er, no.)

Old Post May 1st, 2005 10:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

If u want to see Gladiator show off, check out his appearances in Fantastic Four. Gladiator's fight with Eric Masterson is irrelavant to whether or not he can beat Thor. Gladiator and Thor have fought in Fantastic Four. They may have fought again but I havent read it. Ive also seen another comic posted on here that showed Gladiator destroy a planet in 3 blows, this was back in the day when he had first emerged, before they constantly made him look like an idiot. He far outclasses Superman. Originally, when he could still be taken seriously, he would have probably beat the Hulk and Thor. Hulk's come up since then while Gladiators been steadily declining.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 11:47 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supermanprime

i find it funny that supes has to be cheesy because he is the original hero for most people.Why? is that. what makes gladiator a much more interesting character because he talks a lot of shit and can not back it up. How can i respect a character who when his confidence is low because another fighter takes one of his strongest punches. He sucks because he doesnot have enough balls to contine to fight when the going gets tough, what a *****. Silver surfer is my favorite character but he is as much a pacifist as supes but is he cheesy?? No what is up with the hatred of supes i read about all the time on chat boards. no wonder i stopped readin marvel

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 04:28 PM
supermanprime is currently offline Click here to Send supermanprime a Private Message Find more posts by supermanprime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

this doesnt look like bullshit to me wink

Attachment: gladplanetsmash.jpg
This has been downloaded 157 time(s).

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 06:13 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by manjaro
this doesnt look like bullshit to me wink

roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh I don' know roll eyes (sarcastic)

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 08:31 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Originally posted by whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh I don' know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yup, how can that compared to heatvision deflecting the Omega Effect. roll eyes (sarcastic) Now that's doesn't seem like bullshiting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:
leonidas

you can't really think the writers at marvel decided to have hulk win the fight just because he lost the cross-over voting to supes. what is this, a conspiracy against glads?? glads lost because . . . well, because he was fighting the frickin' hulk, one of the strongest (the strongest?) characters in the entire HISTORY of comics! hulk has history, has fought and defeated tons upon tons of -- ahhh, forget it. like i need to list the hulk's accomplishments. the original post said glads beat up the hulk. he did not. that was the point of my rebuttal. you like glads, that's cool. i'm not a big fan, but i do know he's tough. just don't want everyone making something of him that he's not. (ie - he is not able to 'beat up' hulk or thor. fight them? give a good showing? sure. beat them up?? er, no.)

Well, they did. Marvel used Gladiator to show that Hulk can beat Superman.

Gladiator fought like an idiot in that book, and then Hulk pulls out of his ass a, "oh so your weak to certain kinds of radiation are you?" How Hulk even knows is beyond me. And then he drags Gladiator and drops him into a nuclear reactor, which happened to have the "certain kind of radiation" that Gladiator is weak too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:20 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by supermanprime
i find it funny that supes has to be cheesy because he is the original hero for most people.Why? is that. what makes gladiator a much more interesting character because he talks a lot of shit and can not back it up. How can i respect a character who when his confidence is low because another fighter takes one of his strongest punches. He sucks because he doesnot have enough balls to contine to fight when the going gets tough, what a *****. Silver surfer is my favorite character but he is as much a pacifist as supes but is he cheesy?? No what is up with the hatred of supes i read about all the time on chat boards. no wonder i stopped readin marvel
You stopped reading Marvel because of Superman hate on message boards?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:46 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Originally posted by brainchild81
You stopped reading Marvel because of Superman hate on message boards?

laughing Superman sucks. DC sucks. Go MARVEL.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:53 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Beyonder
Yup, how can that compared to heatvision deflecting the Omega Effect. roll eyes (sarcastic) Now that's doesn't seem like bullshiting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gladiator fought like an idiot in that book, and then Hulk pulls out of his ass a, "oh so your weak to certain kinds of radiation are you?" How Hulk even knows is beyond me. And then he drags Gladiator and drops him into a nuclear reactor, which happened to have the "certain kind of radiation" that Gladiator is weak too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Which is funny since gladiator travel’s through space where there are lot of kinds of radiation but he was weak to that particular one.

Gladiator should have killed kill.

-Grabbing him to space that was stupid.

Am tired of Gladiator written so badly

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:54 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

laughing Superman sucks. DC sucks. Go MARVEL.
Thats mature Happy Dance

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:56 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

He's right about the 1st part. The 2nd part is debatable. DC does have some ultra cheesy characters, & the 3rd part is cool.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:17 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me too kgkg, Gladiator and my man Champ are written like fools.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:18 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by long pig
Me too kgkg, Gladiator and my man Champ are written like fools.

yes man did you see what drax did to champ lol

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:28 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Well, they did. Marvel used Gladiator to show that Hulk can beat Superman.>>

really? i'd love to know how you know this with such certainty. and if that WAS the case, i for one missed the message because beating glads (some cheap, knock-off supes) is NOTHING like beating the real thing. c'mon . . .

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 12:27 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

You're right only because Glads ain't as boring and lame as Supes. Glads does have an edge to him that @ least makes him interesting.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:00 PM
Beyonder

Originally posted by leonidas
<<Well, they did. Marvel used Gladiator to show that Hulk can beat Superman.>>

really? i'd love to know how you know this with such certainty. and if that WAS the case, i for one missed the message because beating glads (some cheap, knock-off supes) is NOTHING like beating the real thing. c'mon . . .

The real thing? Way to argue. Being the "real" thing makes him so above Gladiator. roll eyes (sarcastic) Guess Thanos didn't get the memo, and Darkseid didn't read the contract.

Certainty? Gladiator smashed Thing throw a bunch of cars in one blow and broke threw Sue's force field. Thing's hang with Hulk before, but Kallark owned the hell out of him.

Hell, Gladiator used only heatvision, flight, and strength. I don't even recall him pulling speedblitz or icebreath on Hulk. The whole fight was one sided. If it wasn't, tell me how Hulk knew Gladiator was weak to certain radiations? I mean with a line like, "Oh, so your weak to certain kinds of radiations are you?" What the hell is that? Hulk can mind read now? Please.

Last edited by Beyonder on May 3rd, 2005 at 05:37 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 05:34 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Im not sure because I havent actually read that issue of Hulk anual, just seen the parts posted on here. But i have a feeling that Hulk was briefed on Gladiator's powers by Rick Jones' grand-daughter, specifically, his weakness to radiation. Regardless, formerly being with the Pantheon, the Hulk probably has a pretty thorough knowledge of tons of people he's never fought.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:29 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic) Gladiator = idiot = good point roll eyes (sarcastic)

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:46 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

He knows that underoos don't go on the ouside thoughsmile

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:04 PM