KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Favorite Lightsaber Combat

Lightsaber COmbat
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vaapad (Mace Windu) 11 21.57%
Soresu (Obi-Wan) 7 13.73%
Ataru (Yoda and Qui-Gon) 11 21.57%
Shii-Cho (Kit Fisto) 2 3.92%
Makashi (Dooku) 7 13.73%
Shien / Djem So (Anakin and Luke) 9 17.65%
Niman (all of the Jedi who died in the Genosian battle used this) 2 3.92%
"Zero" 2 3.92%
Total: 51 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Lightsaber Combat
Started by: Darth Trinew

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chilled monkey

Personally I think they are ALL good. In any action-filled movie, you need each fight to be different to keep it interesting.

My favourite is Niman. People seem to think of it as the weakest Form, but really it depends on the individual. Someone very good at Niman could defeat a practioner of a different Form if they were not as skilled.

Darht Janus is quite right about comparing Yoda and Qui-Gonn. Two people who have mastered the same style will not fight exactly the same way.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:13 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Shien / Djem So

In war or in battle, its as simple as "Kill or get killed" especially against Sith or pirates, or even mercenaries

Why not Ataru:
- Because its to OPEN, you run, flip, jump, bounce, then suddenly get stabbed, its cool and all, but its just not a solid enough form....

Why not ShiiCho:
- Do you guys need a reason

Why not Soresu:
- It dangerously prolonges combat, and remember.... you CAN get tired FASTER than your opponent....

Why not Niman:
- Niman is like "middle" form, life and combat is like a broad road..... You can either choose the left lane, or the right lane.... You stay in the middle... You get CRUSHED

Why not Juyo/Vaapad:
- Vaapad is described as needing superior focus and intensity, on such extreme mind concentration, you may forget your main purpose, you just go deeper and deeper in you battle frenzy........ So if your on a mission to set off a bomb, you'll probably be still slicing droid corpses, while the timer and the bomb shows 00:00:01.... Kabbooomm!!! laughing out loud

Why not Makashi:
This was my second vote, I just don't like it cuz you can't use it when surrounded by a billion of StormTroopers with fully loaded Zersium Rifles...

So there it is......... Shien/Djem So...... (I like the Djem So better though)

Long live Form V

PSYCHO !!

Last edited by Psycho Ninja on May 24th, 2005 at 07:08 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Mawi
Jedi Master Assassin

Personally I like Form VII. It treads closely to the dark side. And you mainly use your anger in your attacks.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Master Mawi a Private Message Find more posts by Master Mawi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zion

Soresu, even though the defensive style didn't work against Makashi in EP.2 and EP.3

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Zion a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

by ep2, Obi-wan hadn't mastered Soresu yet. He was starting to mix it in with Ataru though. He would have done much better in ep2 if he had mastered it. Also, in ep3, in the book it says that Obi-wan was purposly appearing weak to get Dooku overconfident so Anakin could kill him.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

ImmortalOne: Very good point, but I still say it depends on the individual(s).

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:15 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Shien / Djem So

In war or in battle, its as simple as "Kill or get killed" especially against Sith or pirates, or even mercenaries

Why not Ataru:
- Because its to OPEN, you run, flip, jump, bounce, then suddenly get stabbed, its cool and all, but its just not a solid enough form....

Why not ShiiCho:
- Do you guys need a reason

Why not Soresu:
- It dangerously prolonges combat, and remember.... you CAN get tired FASTER than your opponent....

Why not Niman:
- Niman is like "middle" form, life and combat is like a broad road..... You can either choose the left lane, or the right lane.... You stay in the middle... You get CRUSHED

Why not Juyo/Vaapad:
- Vaapad is described as needing superior focus and intensity, on such extreme mind concentration, you may forget your main purpose, you just go deeper and deeper in you battle frenzy........ So if your on a mission to set off a bomb, you'll probably be still slicing droid corpses, while the timer and the bomb shows 00:00:01.... Kabbooomm!!! laughing out loud

Why not Makashi:
This was my second vote, I just don't like it cuz you can't use it when surrounded by a billion of StormTroopers with fully loaded Zersium Rifles...

So there it is......... Shien/Djem So...... (I like the Djem So better though)

Long live Form V

You only explained Vaapad and not Juyo. Why is that?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:17 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Why ? Cuz Vaapad somehow OVERWRITES Juyo....
You see Juyo is an incomplete form......
Windu completes it with his own variations and at the same time renaming it "Vaapad"

Many people see Form 3 and 5 as BORING.... cuz it just keeps attacking with fast and powerful sweeps and slashes to the enemy..... Boring doesn't mean weak...... IN the other show-off(ataru) could be dangerous !!!

PSYCHO !!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I would have to say Soresu.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 01:44 AM
Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

uhhhh... Why ?

PSYCHO !!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 06:13 AM
Deit
......I'M BACK!!!!!

I'd pick vaapad and makashi. Maby a mix of both?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Deit a Private Message Find more posts by Deit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Cancer
DeadMan

Obi won is the real hero of all time. He beats Anakin/Vader in his prime, beats Maul alone, beats Greivous... The only one he cant seem to handle is Dooku. But I suspect that is only due to writing needs of storyline.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Cancer a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Cancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

Dumb Question: Which form is Palpy?, Does he have a form?

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Dumb Question: Which form is Palpy?, Does he have a form?

Sidious used a Sith variant of Ataro which included long sweeps and stabs

Most likely Shien/Djem So coupled with Niman (Version X not VI). That way you'd have all the benefits of Shien/Djem So with two lightsabers thumb up

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:36 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

Originally posted by Wickerman
Sidious used a Sith variant of Ataro which included long sweeps and stabs

Thanks! big grin

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Thanks! big grin

no problem

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:35 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote