KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Official Doctor Who Thread

Like Dr Who?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 123 86.62%
No 12 8.45%
It's OK 7 4.93%
Total: 142 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Official Doctor Who Thread
Started by: Blue Dragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (181): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I enjoyed todays show, apart from the dancing at the end. Naff as hell.

And was it me or did the Doctor lose it and suddenly go all camp in the last ten minutes?

The music does rock though. I love the start of it, that "Eeeeeeeeeeeeoooowwww" sound. I love the fact it's still very retro.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 02:33 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I was going to say that...murrrrrmmmmyyyyy....murrrrrrmmmmmmyyy...are you my mumy? Where's my mummy? I want my mummy.

Dr Who is given a 12 so it's not kid's show.

That's the censor., Forget the censor, listen to the writers. It is a kid's show. SW might have gotten hgiher certificates this time but they are still kid's films.

And Stanley Newman might have envisaged it being semi-educational, but face facts- it never was. Dead Planet was all of FIVE episodes in...

And yes, the episode ended in a very happy way, which is unusual dor Doctor Who- as he said "Just for once, everyone lives."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:01 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I've downloaded every episode. Good stuff.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 04:12 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's the censor., Forget the censor, listen to the writers. It is a kid's show. SW might have gotten hgiher certificates this time but they are still kid's films.

And Stanley Newman might have envisaged it being semi-educational, but face facts- it never was. Dead Planet was all of FIVE episodes in...

And yes, the episode ended in a very happy way, which is unusual dor Doctor Who- as he said "Just for once, everyone lives."

Look at next week's episode, this huge ugly thing hides in bodies...that will surely scare young ones. But it's OK for aged 12. There have been previous monsters in Dr Who, violence too.

I didn't get yesterdays's episode though...even though they can change the past then...it won't stay like that otherwise it will change the future. Look at Rose's dad, he knew he had to die, he knew today was the day.

But why be so happy when everyone lives, but only that one time, it can't stay like that, what's there to be happy about?

Jamie is better off dead or behind that mask, he will knew Nancy is his mummy, not sister & all the other people with masks on still exists, they already existed when the Dr & Rose came to London that time didn't they?

This is something about Dr Who I do not get, & why does he travel about if she can't get anything out of it? Does he do it for information?

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 05:46 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reverence

I know Peter Davidson he was the 5th dr i think and his ex wife and daughter we sing the theme song to him its very funny

OMG Yoda is Blue!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 08:14 PM
reverence is currently offline Click here to Send reverence a Private Message Find more posts by reverence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

She does get something out of it, she gets to see the future, the past and lots of other things she would never see if she didn't go with him, that would be enough for me lol!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 08:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Originally posted by Solo
I've downloaded every episode. Good stuff.

You can download them? Where?
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I enjoyed todays show, apart from the dancing at the end. Naff as hell.

And was it me or did the Doctor lose it and suddenly go all camp in the last ten minutes?

The music does rock though. I love the start of it, that "Eeeeeeeeeeeeoooowwww" sound. I love the fact it's still very retro.

Dance was a bit corny... erm when did he lose it at the last 10 minutes, how? What "Eeeeeeeooooooowwwww" sound!? blink

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:39 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Look at next week's episode, this huge ugly thing hides in bodies...that will surely scare young ones. But it's OK for aged 12. There have been previous monsters in Dr Who, violence too.

I didn't get yesterdays's episode though...even though they can change the past then...it won't stay like that otherwise it will change the future. Look at Rose's dad, he knew he had to die, he knew today was the day.

But why be so happy when everyone lives, but only that one time, it can't stay like that, what's there to be happy about?

Jamie is better off dead or behind that mask, he will knew Nancy is his mummy, not sister & all the other people with masks on still exists, they already existed when the Dr & Rose came to London that time didn't they?

This is something about Dr Who I do not get, & why does he travel about if she can't get anything out of it? Does he do it for information?

No, the mask people are all cured.

The point of Doctor Who is that you can change anything... ONCE. You can't go through the same thing you have experienced more than once. Rose had already experienced a life with her Dad dead and changed that- hence cock-up.

As the Doctor said, obviously it would have occurred to him to go back and save his people. But he can't- the Doctor Who rule is that you only get one bite of the apple. Even the Daleks refused to break that rule.

But the whole 'gas masks in London' thing they had never had any interaction with before, and so they could change it.

And even that, the Doctor's people considered dodgy, though he managed to convince them that it was ok to do it on altruistic grounds.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

No, the mask people are all cured.

The point of Doctor Who is that you can change anything... ONCE. You can't go through the same thing you have experienced more than once. Rose had already experienced a life with her Dad dead and changed that- hence cock-up.

As the Doctor said, obviously it would have occurred to him to go back and save his people. But he can't- the Doctor Who rule is that you only get one bite of the apple. Even the Daleks refused to break that rule.

But the whole 'gas masks in London' thing they had never had any interaction with before, and so they could change it.

And even that, the Doctor's people considered dodgy, though he managed to convince them that it was ok to do it on altruistic grounds.

I see, are you saying if Rose saved her dad the first time around he would have lived? I see how that episode works now, I wondered why those monsters were about...it's because he was ment to be dead, the first time if me was saved it wouldn't have happened, is that right?

So now Jamie lives...forever, well not like that but he lives on...I wondered why he said "20 years 'till pop music you're gonna love it." if he wasn't going to be around...yeah.

Why can't he go back to his people? As he already tried to save them once but failed, after that...well we would know what would happen wouldn't we.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:25 PM
@F1
Tomato Crisps

My Fav Episodes are: The Mannaquins, Charles Dickons Era and WW2.
The final 2 sees the return of the Daleks, and a futurisitc, Robotic, Anne Robinson in the Weakest Link. And Mr Ecclestons demise, as he is only doing the one series, which is a shame, as he is quite good.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:23 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

I am confused here also, the next episode it looks to be the future, with Weakest Link on tv & replaced by robots but...if it's the future wouldn't there be no Daleks because the last one destroyed itself a while back...?

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:20 PM
@F1
Tomato Crisps

I think the Daleks are part of a futuristic game.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:56 AM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

If the Daleks wernt in it the seris would be a loss most of the episodes have been really bad so far i.e. end of the world,unquiet dead the one whith the news thing.

But im a hardcore fan and this new doctor annoys me as does the writer he is S**T

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:48 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

I am confused here also, the next episode it looks to be the future, with Weakest Link on tv & replaced by robots but...if it's the future wouldn't there be no Daleks because the last one destroyed itself a while back...?

think about iit dr who whithout the Daleks

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 12:50 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Knock Knock:
Who's there:
Doctor:
Doctor Who smile

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 01:25 PM
Blue Dragon

laughing out loud
Originally posted by Grand Mage Gav
think about iit dr who whithout the Daleks

I know...
Originally posted by @F1
I think the Daleks are part of a futuristic game.

It doesn't answer my question though... confused

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:47 PM
Konjammenson

Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor. I love Dr Who so much!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 10:54 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think we'll find that's a small twist.

Mind you, that being in 200000 AD, the Daleks must have been gone for quite some time, as Captain Jack recognises them as extinct and he's from the 51st century.

Meanwhille, yes, the Doctor can't save his people because he's already been there and done it once already.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 12:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mind you, in the preview Jack said he recognised the Dalek ships, so either a. they haven't changed much, b. he saw them whilst time travelling, or c. the Daleks are time travelling. All three are actually possible.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 12:17 PM
Blue Dragon

I think we'll find that's a small twist.

Mind you, that being in 200000 AD, the Daleks must have been gone for quite some time, as Captain Jack recognises them as extinct and he's from the 51st century.

Meanwhille, yes, the Doctor can't save his people because he's already been there and done it once already.

Mind you, in the preview Jack said he recognised the Dalek ships, so either a. they haven't changed much, b. he saw them whilst time travelling, or c. the Daleks are time travelling. All three are actually possible.

They were wipped out when Bruno Langly was in wasn't it? The last one destroyed itself. A Dr Who fan Andrew, at my school, days you can't prove that that Dalek was the last one, they could be hidden away somewhere.

What do you mean "They haven't changed much." & "He saw them whilst time travelling."? It doesn't say why the Daleks are back. But yes if they time travel also...wait...they can't if they don't exist...AH MY BRAIN HURTS!

Dr Who...Science Fiction...it's all confusing if you ask me but I do love it. You can't beat Sci Fiction.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:00 PM