KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 3- The Tournament and the Traitor

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 3- The Tournament and the Traitor
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (132): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I know, but if I get +5 Leather, it cancels out the greaves, yes?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 10:43 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes. Or they cancel the leather. However you want to see it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'll consult with Storm for her equipment toonight

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 28th, 2005 12:08 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Free Stuff

Camp Things and Clothing
Soft Leather + Shield
Composite Bow (60 arrows + quiver)

Then, Darvan's sword from his background (+10 I believe)

Other Stuff

Medium Horse - 6gp
Soft Leather + 5 - 4gp
Throwing Knives x ? +5(?) - ?gp
Dagger +5 - 3gp
Leg and Arm Greaves - 1gp
6gp left.

Can I get +5 throwing knives?

Old Post May 28th, 2005 03:54 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They would be prohibitively expensive, as you would need to buy each one.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2005 07:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Ah well, scrap that then!

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:21 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right then!

Vardalain, the King wants you to come with him to talk to Lord Gorlim- he'll be your official link with the court on the investigation, though Arvedui doesn't want him too directly involved as it might scare the traitor away.

Ellothiel, you are being shown into a comfortable room in the palace, along with other new visitors to the Kingdom, where you are led to understand a Prince of the Realm will address you! Oooh.

Darvan and Paldian, the official answer you get at first as to why no-one can go to the Burial mounds is because they are in Cardolan, and it is too dangerous in there.

Hmm. You're not sure about that. It is true that the only safe parts of Cardolan are far to the south, and the Burial mounds are in its north-west corner. Yet it is the east of Cardolan that is truly unsafe. The mounds are so much to the north-west that they border a. the Shire and b. Bree, the small town on the Arthedain/Cardolan border.

Heck, for that matter, Baranar is very close to the Mounds! If ever an area of Northern Cardolan is safe, its that area. Indeed, since Arthedain garrisoned Baranar that whole ares is reatlively secure.

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2005 10:55 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

(Bet you it's Gorlim stick out tongue)

Do we know who'd be there to stop us?

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:28 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You're not sure if anyone would. It's a relatively large area to try and patrol.

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:44 AM
Fire

I'll be hanging about for the moment I think

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:50 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Would it be possible to visit the downs?

So we need to find out about curses placed on the downs by the Witch-King.

Darvan asks whoever gave them that information,
"Well, as I'm sure is obvious, we can handle ourselves. So we shall travel out there to see. Unless there is some valid objection to that."

Old Post May 30th, 2005 11:52 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you are free travellers and are at liberty to go where you wish! But you are told that in as much the same way it would be pretty stupid to risk going to Rhudaur or Angmar, it's not a great idea to go to the Downs either.

It would be possible, yes.

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2005 12:18 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Well, I'm relying somewhat on Palidan - I don't know what he wants really, and neither does he - but I'm not sure how to go about finding graveyard curses lore. Is the library available?

Oh, we already tried that.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 01:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes- some more specific ideas of what you want to look up would be nice.

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2005 01:14 PM
Dexx
wingless

yep....vardalain follows the king

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:08 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Hmm
You said I couls ask you what my Character thinks of this...
I'm gonna do it.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 09:16 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, what you think is roughly what I posted above. You don't think the King would have bothered with a specific proclomation to keep people out the Downs when, relatively, it is a safe area.

You might need to speak to someone important about this.

-

You meet Gorlim in a small stateroom in the Palance, Vardalain. He smiles, amiably, as ever.

"Ah, the esteemed Vardalain" Perhaps the perception of an Elf will help us with this little conondrum, yes? Maybe even find us another answer."

"Lord Gorlim doesn't believe my idea," explains Arvedui.

"Your Majesty, I have no doubt of the wisdom of your perceptions. I simply cannot bring myself to believe the totality of it. I think there must be some arcane explanation. We live in dark times, after all."

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:59 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

uhh someone important, like the King?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:09 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

... who is very busy. You don't have a direct route to the King, you know! How many people get to see the President of the US?

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:34 AM
Dexx
wingless

"i find it difficult to believe that something that has a possibility of being explained as easily as the existance of a traitor, does not, in fovour of arcane explanations, lord Gorlim" says vardalain

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 09:44 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote