KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 3- The Tournament and the Traitor

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 3- The Tournament and the Traitor
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (132): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, well, this game is never a super-quick pressure game so please feel free to put together a coherent plan. Next week- Tournament details!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 01:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
hmm Who should we talk to...

I'm not sure. Wish the mission was a little more specific!

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:44 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ellothiel's just waiting with the others......

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:52 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You do not necessarily get specific missions in this game. This part is an exercise in free movement. Find things to do.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Lana want to have an in-game talk?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:58 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm currently waiting in a room in the palace, I don't think that would work since we're not near each other, otherwise I'd say yeah.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:26 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Darvan's bored of Palidan's mission.
"Come find me if you need anything," he tells the elf, then leaves to descend into the city, hoping to find a game of some sort to play.

Barrelball, darts, cards, all that sort of thing. If he spots Fire's dwarf, he invites him down.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:52 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(euhm I'm not a dwarf stick out tongue, I'm an eotheod)

"hey there Darvan how's it going?"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:49 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"Going to find something to do. All this dancing around in the palace has got on my nerves. Want to find some inn with a chance at a gamble or two. Coming?"

Sorry... Well, I just want somebody who'd be up for a brawl if we get in one.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:33 PM
Fire

"Yea a good pint and a good wager are my kinda thing!"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:25 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Well then - Ush, Darvan and Argentis are heading to the city in search of ale and wagers. And competitions... With the added chance of a good punch-up.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:55 PM
Fire

Hey I ain't looking for a fight, I have to represent my ppl so I can't go harrashing civilians

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:46 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

No, but if somebody insults us or the King or your people... We aren;t going to harass them - we could start a fight - I just said there's always the chance of becoming enmeshed in a bar brawl!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 10:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You're an elf, Darvan, not a commoner. You don't do that kind of thing.

Must be said, all possible extreme violence is being channelled towards the upcoming Tournament!

-

Well, assuming you are the only PC there, Ellothiel...

All of a sudden there is a rather loud burst of pageantry, blasted out on the straight trumpets of two Heralds that heve entered the room. And then, strolling gracefully into the room, is a tall and highly attractive man, with flowing dark hair, dressed finely and richly; he is young and strong and vibrant.

"The Prince Elendur!" a herald announces, loudly.

-

Gorlim thinks your best bet to try and get innocuous conversations with the Council is to talk to them on military matters, Vardalain. The Council is currently obsessed with building the new strategy, and as ever they will be keen to talk to you about getting the Elves involved. If you don't mind being pestered about that, that's your best bet for a chat.

"You won't need to talk to the Princes, of course," he adds.

(I also reckon that Argentis might help give Vardalain an aire of authenticity for his pretence of wanting to talk on military matters)

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 12:30 PM
Fire

(Yea sure)

"An elf looking for a fight, maybe you're not all as wimpy as you look"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:48 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Oh... I can't be a slightly insane wood elf?

They gambled in the Hobbit...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They had trolls called 'Bert' in the Hobbit. Be careful of that.

Tournament details coming over the next two days.

In the meantime, we have two established plot threads- one about the traitor, which hopefully Vardalain will involve others in, and oine about getting up to spec with the plot of the game, which is what everyone else will be doing. All of this will be happening in a background of you guys communicating with the Council members and finding out stuff. It's an intellectual and social game, with some ass kicking going on in the Tournament as background for good measure.

The effect works better if the Tournament takes place in the summer months, and hence it will kick off in July.

Then this game wants to start wrapping up... tail-end of September.

Of course, that is going to be September 2006 if we don't get a move on, so start engaging those brains!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 11th, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:33 AM
Fire

ok well I'll be ver active from the second part of july on wards

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:35 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

And I won't be - a summer of holidays for me! But I'll do my best.

So yeah... Darvan's not a very thinky character.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:21 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Stupid holidays. I actually have holidays too, but I'll be trying to post wheneversome I cansome!

Well, by this time, the opening ceremonies have died down somewhat, and on the great War Field of Manwe to the west of the city, the various Tournament events are being set-up; sadly, for the Elves, no music or poetry contests.

One of the centrepieces of the Tournmant is THE JOUST, the traditional game of martial skill with lance upon horseback. Rumour has it that a Lord is going to play! And Princess Mallachiel herself will be attending every round, her dropped handkerchief being the signal for action, and her favour being fought for.

Arthedain is famed for its keen-eyed archers and THE ARCHERY CONTEST is another important event. This is actually quite big, because not only are shots taken at various ranges at various targets, there is also a seperate event for each 'calibre' of bow, including crossbow.

There is then the contest of SWORDSMANSHIP. In fact, this is not far from being a fencing contest. It is not a fight of battle-frenzied craziness, it is a well-regulated test of skill and weapon prowess. This one uses 'live' weapons, but rounds are scored on first blood. This one is appreciated by the more sophisticated like a chess match might be compared to a football match.

For the somewhat less sophisticated, there is the QUARTERSTAFF FIGHTING. This is almost as popular with the crowds as the Joust, as watching two fit guys beating the crap out of each other with sticks is good for the circulation. This fight is until submission by one or the other!

Counterpiece to this is the DUEL OF ENDURANCE, where two people go out with shield and concussion weapon in the heaviest armour they can find, and basically take it in turns to trade blows until one or the other falls.

There are the TESTS OF STRENGTH, where you can find a surprising amount of ways to impress people with large rocks and tree trunks. Make sure you have a good chiropractor.

And then on the final day there is the MELEE, where those who have qualified (automatic assumption to anyone who wishes to try) gets to play in the big event in the big field where everyone has wooden weapons and the object is to beat the crap out of everyone else and be the last person standing.

There is also a TEAM MELEE on the same day, though they are spaced 12 hours apart as people are not normally ready to go from one straight into the next.

It is not recommended that you go for more than one event, though anyone can enter the Melees as a bonus.

Other than the prestige of possible victory, playing in the Tournament also gives you guys social crediiblity, and if that's not enough, there is also money up for grabs!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 14th, 2005 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 04:48 PM