KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Starship Troopers 3

Starship Troopers 3
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wuk es't
Starshiptroopers 1 is a masterpiece, as is Robocop.
2 sucked like 7 hells

For anyone that saw part 2, why was it so bad? I mean, it's obvious that it sucks, but were they using puppets for the bugs and stuff? And were the actors USA Network washouts?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 06:17 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scribly

Not enough different locations ,it all happens in the same outpost. (Can you say: Old fashioned haunted house movie?)
too dark
Not enough background information about the characters
Predictable
Not enough action (for my taste)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 10:50 PM
scribly is currently offline Click here to Send scribly a Private Message Find more posts by scribly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Yeah, 'n the story itself. Jeez, cheesy stupid dialogue, only one location, which sucks BTW. One of the coolest things in 1 were the guys shooting the Bugs to pieces with Machineguns, now all of the sudden they all got shotguns. And everything is DARK. Can't see a ****ing thing etc.

It didn't really give much new stuff and what we did get sucked beyond imagination.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 04:33 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

If Paul Verhoeven won't direct that it won't be worth much.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 04:00 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanall

uch, i hated #2, too dark, the story sucked, the idea behind it wasn't that bad but the way it was done was one of the worst things i ever saw. it was too dark, not enough budget. the few special effects that they had were decent though. like when the station fired those canisters that fried the bugs. overall though, it kinda ruins the thought of a third one for me.

http://www.animengaming.notlong.com/

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:43 PM
Revanall is currently offline Click here to Send Revanall a Private Message Find more posts by Revanall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yarr

I liked the movie the first time I saw it (StarshipTroopers) and decided to read the book.

God damn it. After reading the book the movie is a steaming pile of monkey dung. I read that the guy who wrote the original script for the movie actually had never read the book, but his friend had. His friend recomended he make a few changes to bring it closer to the book and then make the movie "based on" the novel.

Its an ok Movie but if you liked it you would absolutly LOVE the novel. Its 100 times better.

A little fact about the novel... This novel introduced the idea of soilders using exoskeleton robotic suits. This was well before Gundam and Exo Squads ;p. It was this Novel that many Manga comics borrowed the idea from.

I can not start to tell everyone how awesome the book is.

Trust me, its a little boring at parts (very political), but the actions scenes make up for it.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:22 PM
Yarr is currently offline Click here to Send Yarr a Private Message Find more posts by Yarr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoCal

The second movie was directed by the guy who did the bug animations for the first movie. So the bugs look great in the second.

But, the guy is clueless when it comes to making movies so yeah it sucked.

Neither movie is really based on the book. Apart from ricos name, some others and a few planets.

Dizzy for example was a guy. Lots of others but I dont want to spoil the book if anyone decides to read it.

The sequel has weapons from the game ST:Terran Ascendancy. But they look like ass. The light cannon is really just a lightbulb going on & off.

Aslo worth a mention....the captain of the rodger young who dies is a seargant or something in st2.

If there is another sequel, it would be cool if verhoeven directed it. But I'd rather see one based more directly on the book. Roughnecks series is the closest so far(produced by Verhoeven btw),

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 01:48 AM
SoCal is currently offline Click here to Send SoCal a Private Message Find more posts by SoCal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Yeah. It would be. Too bad 2 sucked ass. Wtf was with all the dark lighting? Stopped it halfway through and never finished it. Got tired of squinting and shit. Meh. It'd be nice if some of the original cast returned as well.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 11:25 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why bullets and no lasers.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 05:03 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pattyjn

cool a starship troopers 3! any clues when this will come out?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:27 PM
pattyjn is currently offline Click here to Send pattyjn a Private Message Find more posts by pattyjn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orbituated
sith

I heard from a guy at my school about part 3 of the famous film ...

i started waching the sequel to the 1st masterpiece and after about a couple of seconds i turned it off ...it sucked like hell..

if the roumer is true ...there isnt a lot of it on the net ...

i found this forum searching for some mention of st3....

my friend also said that the 3rd part will be continued storyline of the first part...

verhoven forever smile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 08:39 PM
orbituated is currently offline Click here to Send orbituated a Private Message Find more posts by orbituated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude_The_Man
Protoman Unmasked

I agree with the OP. The first SST's was probably a about a 8/10. The sequel was like a 2/10... It was just sad.

I hope 3 does something cool like bring back the character's from one. Denise and the main guy can't remember his name atm.

If Protoman ever removed his mask... There i'de be.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:47 AM
Dude_The_Man is currently offline Click here to Send Dude_The_Man a Private Message Find more posts by Dude_The_Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They are still trying to get this series going?
Whatever you think of Verhoven's Starship Troopers, the issue is the budget was somewhere between $120-140 million. It's North American take was less than $60 million. That's why the second one went straight to DVD, and was even worse. Verhoeven had mixed success next on Hollow Man, and is apparently back in Holland. He hasn't directed since. Probably have to wait another generation for someone to try again, like with Dune.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Dude_The_Man
I agree with the OP. The first SST's was probably a about a 8/10. The sequel was like a 2/10... It was just sad.

I hope 3 does something cool like bring back the character's from one. Denise and the main guy can't remember his name atm.

casper van dien...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Yarr
I liked the movie the first time I saw it (StarshipTroopers) and decided to read the book.

God damn it. After reading the book the movie is a steaming pile of monkey dung. I read that the guy who wrote the original script for the movie actually had never read the book, but his friend had. His friend recomended he make a few changes to bring it closer to the book and then make the movie "based on" the novel.

Its an ok Movie but if you liked it you would absolutly LOVE the novel. Its 100 times better.

A little fact about the novel... This novel introduced the idea of soilders using exoskeleton robotic suits. This was well before Gundam and Exo Squads ;p. It was this Novel that many Manga comics borrowed the idea from.

I can not start to tell everyone how awesome the book is.

Trust me, its a little boring at parts (very political), but the actions scenes make up for it.

Yes. The book is excellent, and Verhoeven & crew seem faithful to the surface of it. But Robert Heinlen was making a serious intellectual case for the benefits of a fascist society; even if you didn't agree, he still made good points. The filmmakers were slyly sending all that up, with the Nazi-styled uniforms and everything else. Verhoeven wasn't being serious with his subject manner.
And yes, too bad we didn't see the robot exoskeletons the troopps used. And why no lasers? Look how many of them had to fire repeatedly, just to put down a single bug.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 04:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

I am in total agreement with most here... Number 1 was EXCELLENT!

Number 2 totally bombed out. I mean, come on, it was so over the top with little to no plot line it wasn't funny.

Let's hope, if they are doing a third one, they pick up their game, cos so far, I ain't interseted in seeing a third in this franchise. messed

Cheers,
Mana

Norrington: "You actually were telling the truth."
Jack: "I do that quite a lot, yet people are always surprised."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 11:12 AM
Mana4X2 is currently offline Click here to Send Mana4X2 a Private Message Find more posts by Mana4X2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CptShwan

"Bombed Out". Yeah being one of the top grossing direct to DVD movies so far in the history of DVDs is bombing out alright.

For being shot in 26 days and having only a 5th of the budget of the original, the 2nd was pretty decent. It also won the 2005 Saturn award for best DVD. So if there happens to be a third one, you can thank Hero of the Federation's profits for it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 07:27 PM
CptShwan is currently offline Click here to Send CptShwan a Private Message Find more posts by CptShwan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

Wow, well, I didn't know that. Doesn't change my opinion on the movie though. I still don't like it. no

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 05:15 AM
Mana4X2 is currently offline Click here to Send Mana4X2 a Private Message Find more posts by Mana4X2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CptShwan
"Bombed Out". Yeah being one of the top grossing direct to DVD movies so far in the history of DVDs is bombing out alright.

For being shot in 26 days and having only a 5th of the budget of the original, the 2nd was pretty decent. It also won the 2005 Saturn award for best DVD. So if there happens to be a third one, you can thank Hero of the Federation's profits for it.

Who cares, comparatively speaking it; sucked balls compared to the 1st.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 01:00 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

Starship Troopers 3?..Coooool.

Old Post May 1st, 2006 12:18 AM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote