KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Starship Troopers 3

Starship Troopers 3
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cool_dudes_rule

to be honest i never seen the 2nd one ive only seen the first.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 12:37 PM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

The second one was a darker story but they botched it. mad

Old Post May 6th, 2006 11:03 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I just read the book and it was AMAZING! I've heard the movie was horrible though.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post May 7th, 2006 02:46 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalFantsyLord
DntCum2EnglandWereFullUp

thought the first film was very well done but the second 1 just f****d up big time if there was another 1 then i hope the original actors r in it that would b cool

"I bought the new Final Fantsy DVD the other day
IT IS WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 9th, 2006 09:04 AM
FinalFantsyLord is currently offline Click here to Send FinalFantsyLord a Private Message Find more posts by FinalFantsyLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalFantsyLord
DntCum2EnglandWereFullUp

I watched the second film and thought it was great, so then i watched the 2nd film and i thought it was the stupid piece of rubbish i have ever seen i mean wat is up with there suites they ware abd y is the physicque people fightting with thse dumb ass laser guns wich not only look stupid but dont do anything. And all the sound effects and the lighting it was all awfull and y was it all black during the whole thing, it only had 1 location that was the abondoned tower wich was a stupid idea and and the story line was plain awfull as well i mean it was so predictable the only good bit was when there was a naked chick.
It was defeantly a dissapointment 2 the first film.
film 1 9/10
film 2 1/10

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:18 PM
FinalFantsyLord is currently offline Click here to Send FinalFantsyLord a Private Message Find more posts by FinalFantsyLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalFantsyLord
DntCum2EnglandWereFullUp

I watched the first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!film and thought it was great, so then i watched the 2nd film and i thought it was the stupid piece of rubbish i have ever seen i mean wat is up with there suites they ware abd y is the physicque people fightting with thse dumb ass laser guns wich not only look stupid but dont do anything. And all the sound effects and the lighting it was all awfull and y was it all black during the whole thing, it only had 1 location that was the abondoned tower wich was a stupid idea and and the story line was plain awfull as well i mean it was so predictable the only good bit was when there was a naked chick.
It was defeantly a dissapointment 2 the first film.
film 1 9/10
film 2 1/10

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:20 PM
Devro68

SST3

Well you see the original is really good... some of you might not like it but oh well we cant all like everything.

The second one was crap, for 1 the first budget has been said to be 90 - 120 million dollars.... the second film was 6 million.

That one massive draw back.

Also the guy who did the second one did work on the first one and he says that there is plans for a SST 3 but he said he wants to get together alot of the original actors, and crew to make it. and have a way bigger budget. so hopfully if they do they will have way more money and bring some old actor back and make it a friggin way better movie cuz with all teh tech now a days the movie could be really good.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:14 PM
Devro68 is currently offline Click here to Send Devro68 a Private Message Find more posts by Devro68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

I never been a big fan of the movies.

read the book before I saw the movies.

though i did like the bugs...thats about the only part of the movie I liked

the cartoon on the other I did like.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tv...ers-roughnecks/

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:18 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

1st Stars*** stroopers sucked, didn't bother seeing the second, third gonna be the worst HEres how I see it there are many similarites between Starship Troopers and Aliens. Both about militar in future, bot had mostly unkown cast, big difference the cast in Aliens actually exceeded expectations and made a great film, cast in SST fell below epectations if their were any ade a bad movie. RiThe person who playe Rico should be kicked out of acting if thats possible. As should Denise Richards.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:47 PM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Um... aliens was actually partially inspired by starship troopers... the cast were even made to read the book beforehand apparently...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
Um... aliens was actually partially inspired by starship troopers... the cast were even made to read the book beforehand apparently...

i heard that to.

sig by willRules

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 08:28 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

The book I have no problem with it, my problem was the movie Starship Trooprrs, and I already knew they were made to read it.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 02:59 AM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Lighthammer
The book I have no problem with it, my problem was the movie Starship Trooprrs, and I already knew they were made to read it.

Oh, well, i was just sayin...

Why didnt you like the first movie?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 07:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

Wht kind of general in his right mind gives an interview in battle mind you, also while your armys in retreat, and hudrends of of huge bugs are charging, are you suprised you just got eaten? That and the bugs shootings beams out their ass that just seemd more funny than scary and stupid, good idea just looks absolutely silly on screen. Also the rgument that is made that THe MIS could beat the USCM is bogus. The argument that the MIS would wi because more survived, if the colonial marines had that number more whould have survived. THe MIS hand thousands of troops faced of hundreds of bugs, and got theirasses handed to em but because of the number of intial troops the number left is obviously bigger . the USCM had 12 Marines against hundreds of Aliens and though heavy losses came on top,So the USCM beat the same number of creatures, but with lesser numbers, and the Aliens are tougher foes, I mean do the bugs in SST spray acid everyhere after they died risking death just by killing them? No The Aliens did. id Rico tke or anybody else take down a bug barehanded. Nope. Vasquez did to an alien, Sre The MI highly trained, nope just came out of boot camp. THE USCMhad been in combat for at east 4 years before the Lv426. Rico didn't even know how his helmet worked. Match ups Rico Vs Hicks, Hicks take pretty boy rico to cleaners. Zoe verus Vasquez, thats like putting a canary in with a pitbull, Vaz takes Zoe down, She could take Rico Down too and basically every other MI in that movie. Though Gorman is stupid he is not stupid enough to give an interview when the aliens are chasing arfter them

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 08:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wht kind of general in his right mind gives an interview in battle mind you, also while your armys in retreat, and hudrends of of huge bugs are charging, are you suprised you just got eaten? That and the bugs shootings beams out their ass that just seemd more funny than scary and stupid, good idea just looks absolutely silly on screen. Also the rgument that is made that THe MIS could beat the USCM is bogus. The argument that the MIS would wi because more survived, if the colonial marines had that number more whould have survived. THe MIS hand thousands of troops faced of hundreds of bugs, and got theirasses handed to em but because of the number of intial troops the number left is obviously bigger . the USCM had 12 Marines against hundreds of Aliens and though heavy losses came on top,So the USCM beat the same number of creatures, but with lesser numbers, and the Aliens are tougher foes, I mean do the bugs in SST spray acid everyhere after they died risking death just by killing them? No The Aliens did. id Rico tke or anybody else take down a bug barehanded. Nope. Vasquez did to an alien, Sre The MI highly trained, nope just came out of boot camp. THE USCMhad been in combat for at east 4 years before the Lv426. Rico didn't even know how his helmet worked. Match ups Rico Vs Hicks, Hicks take pretty boy rico to cleaners. Zoe verus Vasquez, thats like putting a canary in with a pitbull, Vaz takes Zoe down, She could take Rico Down too and basically every other MI in that movie. Though Gorman is stupid he is not stupid enough to give an interview when the aliens are chasing arfter them

You're comparing starship troopers to aliens... which is silly... aliens is one of the definitive action movies ever made...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:50 PM
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

I admit it is, its like comparing The Shawshank Redemption(Mark Rolston who was in this was also in Aliens) to Scary Movie 3(Which Denise Richard was in and was in Starship Troopers). Aliens was by far thebetter film. What got me o that rant was this vs forum on another web site's forum where who would win between the USCM and the MI came up. There was this one post that struck as really silly. his one person wrote The MI will win because they have cooler weapons(their opion not mine) and because their cuter. Since when has cuteness won a battle.? Tht just struck me as a silly, and got me on that rant, which was pointless, considerng there is reallyno argument about Aliens being the better film.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I admit it is, its like comparing The Shawshank Redemption(Mark Rolston who was in this was also in Aliens) to Scary Movie 3(Which Denise Richard was in and was in Starship Troopers). Aliens was by far thebetter film. What got me o that rant was this vs forum on another web site's forum where who would win between the USCM and the MI came up. There was this one post that struck as really silly. his one person wrote The MI will win because they have cooler weapons(their opion not mine) and because their cuter. Since when has cuteness won a battle.? Tht just struck me as a silly, and got me on that rant, which was pointless, considerng there is reallyno argument about Aliens being the better film.

There are always people who say shit like that... i usually just ignore em...

I liked starship troopers, but against the colonial marines i don't think they'd stand a chance...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:42 PM
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

The promise of SST was great, but it fell way short of that and what struck me kind of weird is that Paul Veerhoven hadn't even read the book, whereas in Aliens as part of training, Cameron had the Marines read it. In SST, did the trooprs get training from real soldiers or not? The one thing that made me identify with and like the USCM was the fact they had distincive personalities especially with the customization of their armor, where as the troopers all wore the same armor with no customization. It really made the Marines stand out from each other, like the bandanna, adios on her gun, Loco on her back, and El riegesio siempre vivie on her chest plate for Vasquez, all those bones hanging off of Drake's hat ad around his neck, that pirates skull, and the do no rupture contens under pressure for Hudson, it made the actors more believable as their characters, and especially Cameron had them train together for two weeks before shooting made their camraderie on sceen more real.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The promise of SST was great, but it fell way short of that and what struck me kind of weird is that Paul Veerhoven hadn't even read the book, whereas in Aliens as part of training, Cameron had the Marines read it. In SST, did the trooprs get training from real soldiers or not? The one thing that made me identify with and like the USCM was the fact they had distincive personalities especially with the customization of their armor, where as the troopers all wore the same armor with no customization. It really made the Marines stand out from each other, like the bandanna, adios on her gun, Loco on her back, and El riegesio siempre vivie on her chest plate for Vasquez, all those bones hanging off of Drake's hat ad around his neck, that pirates skull, and the do no rupture contens under pressure for Hudson, it made the actors more believable as their characters, and especially Cameron had them train together for two weeks before shooting made their camraderie on sceen more real.

i thought it was more than two weeks...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:24 AM
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

WIt probably ones, the BTSF on the DVD, the actors said a few weeks, but whatever it was it worked caused it showed on screen. The thing I think is interesting is how some times movies actors reprise a career or a lifestyle in a role, like in Alien 3 Chares S. Dutton plays Dillion an inmate, when in real life he had served seven years in prision, and Al Matthews who played Apone, sarge, in Aliens, he had previously been a Marine sergeant in Vietnam.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:32 AM