KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rogue vs. Thor

Rogue vs. Thor
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sbo

That's what he's done twice before. The first time you could say it was inexperience. 2 or more times is just stupid.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 01:56 AM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

And for god's sake gather some sense: Thor doesn't NEED to kill Rogue to win. A godforce blast or a wack of his hammer would put her down like so.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 01:56 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

If he didn't feel compelled to deliver such a blast why would he do so. Clearly his overconfidence clouded his judgement in their previous encounters, so that's what I believe would happen this time.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:00 AM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sbo
That's what he's done twice before. The first time you could say it was inexperience. 2 or more times is just stupid.

Do you have short-term memory or something? You've said the same question over and over again:

"You're missing my point here, he's let her get close enough to absorb his powers since that first time. So he obviously hasn't learned his lesson."

Rogue isn't a threat to him. He wasn't going to let her absorb him if she tried. What did she hit him with? A GLOVED FIST.

And exactly HOW would, in the fairy-tale world you live in, Rogue manage to absorb Thor if she was close enough?

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:00 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by sbo
If he didn't feel compelled to deliver such a blast why would he do so. Clearly his overconfidence clouded his judgement in their previous encounters, so that's what I believe would happen this time.

*sigh* I finally recognize your tactic. Clever but annoying. You repeat the same stupid question that has been proven invalid time and time again and hope for the other person to be exasperated with your seeming stupidity. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor (before he died) was King Thor. His powers were boosted exponentially and he was a match for a Celestial. His godblasts were powerful enough to hurt Galactus. You're lucky nobody has mentioned this.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:03 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea but he'd still have trouble with a mutant hillbilly x-man

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:10 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

Do you even know what you're talking about anymore?

How did she absorb him the last time? I think she would do it the same way.

The very fact that he doesn't see her as a treat is what would allow him to be beaten.

And so far you haven't proven anything invalid. I'd like to see you do it. but so far you haven't even come close.

And if we can bring up king thor then I suppose we could bring up super Rogue too. Let's not get bogged down with every incarnation either character has ever had.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:11 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

what if super rogue is drinking moonshine at the same time?

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:13 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Super... Rogue?

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:15 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by sbo

I suppose we could bring up super Rogue too.
confused

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:17 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

moonshine?

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:18 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Lord in Heaven. Have Mercy on this poor ignorant soul...

By grabbing his face. You think Thor will let that happen?

Ohhhhh I see. This is some feminist thing going on. Okay gotcha wink So Thor is gonna stand there and let Rogue absorb him despite the knowledge he possesses that Rogue CAN absorb him. Ooooookay.

Anything valid? Like the fact Thor is a cosmic being with Class 100 strength and Rogue is a mutant with Class 50 strength and leech sucking powers. Your arguement: "Thor will stand there and do nothing because he's sexist and Rogue will drain him" Ooooookay. wink

"Super-Rogue" would get owned by King Thor. You do know who King Thor is right? What I am kidding? OF COURSE you don't. Silly me.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:18 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok...wow. This is serious.

Rogue is Class 50-ish. Thor can be well above 100. Rogue's draining powers aren't instantaneous, and one blow from Thor would do a hell of a lot more to Rogue than even 5 seconds of draining would o to Thor...and he'd never let her drain him for that long.

Thor is freakishly more powerful. If Rogue ever "won" it was either because of a unique circumstance or from horrible writing. Thor wins 10/10, bloodlust or not...even bad writing could only bring this fight closer. Thor still wins.

-DM

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

"Super-Rogue" is Sage-upgraded Rogue with all the powers of the people she absorbed. Which is completely useless against King Thor.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:19 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

After she absorbed Ms. Marvel?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:20 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm amazed you stuck with it this long Draco...it looks like it might be a lost cause though. hehe...

-DM

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm amazed you stuck with it this long Draco...it looks like it might be a lost cause though. hehe...

-DM

I don't like giving up. Even it is against complete [bleeeeeeeeeeeep] people who just [bleeeeeeeeeeeep] and have no [bleeeeeeeeeeep] what they are talking about.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:22 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by juggernaut74
After she absorbed Ms. Marvel?

Yes. It happened about a year or two ago.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:22 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Draco69
I don't like giving up. Even it is against complete [bleeeeeeeeeeeep] people who just [bleeeeeeeeeeeep] and have no [bleeeeeeeeeeep] what they are talking about.

Dude... I don't think I can fit any swear words in your bleeps that would make any sense.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:25 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

You haven't met many sailors have you? stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:26 AM