KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

God damn... this will probably be the hardest vote for me to cast in the entire tournament. I gotta cast it now though, since I don't know if I'll be back in time to do it tomorrow. I'm casting it for long pig. Iron body + stronger magic means the mind controlling your character is messed with, along with his magic IMHO. This is a badass fight, and I wish I had more time to spend watching you two argue, but I can't risk losing a vote because I can't get to my computer im time, thus I gotta go by what I've seen so far.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:28 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, before i go to work here in like 30 minutes i thought i'd add some more things from yesterday.

The Crimson Bands have been broken, I will give you that. But when they were broken both times, it was by GREAT strain by Hulk and Namor, and neither did it while Dr. was still around(he no longer was concentrating on keeping the Bands strong). It took them more than a few minutes to break free, Hulk it took 2 pages, since you are almost as strong as the Hulk I may concede that you may(unlikely since i will keep my full concentration upon the bands) break free.

After saying this, I must add something else. Those two pages can be compared to at least 10-15 minutes. Is 15 min incapacition a win? If not listen to this.

While The Crimson Bands are the strongest form of entrapment i have, they are certianly not the only one.

While your guy is struggling I could simply use more entrapments to contain him even more. I.E the Chains of Krakkan, Roving Rings of Raggadorr, Ribbons of Raggadorr , these upon the other entrapments will make it impossible to break free.

My shield will keep me safe from any energy attack or heat vision you will try to use during your struggle to break free.

While you are inside these many intrapments i can conjure the Light of Nirvalon, which controls emotion, as to calm you and keep you from further struggle.

Just in case you were still hoping your telepathy may help, Strange has used the spell called "In the Name of the All-Freeing"
to keep his head clean of telepathy many times.

If you STILL think you may be able to become stronger than Galactus and break the strongest spell cast of cyttorak bands plus the four extra restraints, well....one more spell called the Flames of the Faltine, it freezes anyone, totally stopping animation.

Keep in mind, these are all things that Steve has used in many comics, he doesnt need a book for these things.

I've taken out your telepathy, your magic, and now I've stopped you from moving.
You have no strength no mind power, youre confused (spell of forgetfullness) you cannot move and you can not use you magic because my body is made of iron, and iron nullifies your magic.

What are you going to do?

P.S As with any magic, these spells can be broken or nullified, but you have to be at least on par or above the caster of the original spell, and Druid simply is not on Strange level of magic, never has been never will be.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 10th, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 10:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dr. Strange II#30-Lights of nirvalon
Defenders 23- Flames of the Faltine
Doctor Strange I #173-In the Name of the All-Freeing

I have the rest, those are just by memory....just in case you want to fight the validity of those spells.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 11:15 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

After long time...I have made my mind.

Long pig, you get my vote.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 12:40 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Alright, before i go to work here in like 30 minutes i thought i'd add some more things from yesterday.

The Crimson Bands have been broken, I will give you that. But when they were broken both times, it was by GREAT strain by Hulk and Namor, and neither did it while Dr. was still around(he no longer was concentrating on keeping the Bands strong). It took them more than a few minutes to break free, Hulk it took 2 pages, since you are almost as strong as the Hulk I may concede that you may(unlikely since i will keep my full concentration upon the bands) break free.

After saying this, I must add something else. Those two pages can be compared to at least 10-15 minutes. Is 15 min incapacition a win? If not listen to this.

While The Crimson Bands are the strongest form of entrapment i have, they are certianly not the only one.

While your guy is struggling I could simply use more entrapments to contain him even more. I.E the Chains of Krakkan, Roving Rings of Raggadorr, Ribbons of Raggadorr , these upon the other entrapments will make it impossible to break free.

My shield will keep me safe from any energy attack or heat vision you will try to use during your struggle to break free.

While you are inside these many intrapments i can conjure the Light of Nirvalon, which controls emotion, as to calm you and keep you from further struggle.

Just in case you were still hoping your telepathy may help, Strange has used the spell called "In the Name of the All-Freeing"
to keep his head clean of telepathy many times.

If you STILL think you may be able to become stronger than Galactus and break the strongest spell cast of cyttorak bands plus the four extra restraints, well....one more spell called the Flames of the Faltine, it freezes anyone, totally stopping animation.

Keep in mind, these are all things that Steve has used in many comics, he doesnt need a book for these things.

I've taken out your telepathy, your magic, and now I've stopped you from moving.
You have no strength no mind power, youre confused (spell of forgetfullness) you cannot move and you can not use you magic because my body is made of iron, and iron nullifies your magic.

What are you going to do?

P.S As with any magic, these spells can be broken or nullified, but you have to be at least on par or above the caster of the original spell, and Druid simply is not on Strange level of magic, never has been never will be.

quote:
Druid's Druidic powers have a special vulnerability to iron, as did that of his ancestors. Iron tends to act as a "lightning rod" for the magical forces he employs, sometimes disrupting its effects.

My weakenss to iron will not always work.

quote:
sometimes disrupting its effects

Entrapments? Is that the only way you can defeat me? Putting barriers around around me to keep me from ripping you in half is a win? Strange isn't perfect, his spells have their breaking points. Is entrapment considered a win? I can bridge dimensions and trap you between two dimensions. Is that considered a win? No. Find a way to beat me!

Ethan Vell is close to Strange in magical power.

quote:
Apparently the lama, was actually the so-called Ancient One, mentor of Earth's Sorcerer Supreme. Druid was the first attempt at giving a discipline a degree of his powers

The Bizarre Tibetan Lama was the Ancient one, but taught him a mastery of certain mystic arts , and opened his mind to hidden powers that he always had. He is a powerful Sorcerer is in his own right. Add strength, nigh invulnerability, speed of light, and the near limitless potential of the Nega Bands, let me ask you again, how will you beat me. Entrapment? Pfftt... Tht is like teleporting me somewhere where I can't get to you. Either of us could have done that from the start.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 04:05 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Mr. Pig

Old Post May 10th, 2005 04:06 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Druid's other ancestrally derived knowledge is that of astrology. By a mystic awareness of the stars' and planets' positions, Druid has limited precognitive insights as well as a sensitivity to the balance of mystic forces. He can sense the presence of recent use of all forms of magic (even those he cannot employ) and trace them to their source.

quote:
What's this "cosmic awareness" stuff?
Basically it's an ability that allows Genis to see probable and actual outcomes in the future.

Hmmm... With these two powers working together, I don't see any chance of you getting the jump on me or saying that you'll entrap me, do this to me. I will already know what you will do. Now add the fact that my body has Supreme's speed already, with the energy from the nega bands it will increase my speed even further beyond the speed of light, faster than Barry will ever go. I blitz you with an all out telepathic assault(like getting whacked with a baseball bat to the brain), simultaneously blasting you with energy from my nega bands and rays of heat vision from my eyes before you can think of a spell. You will be dead long before you can use the Bands of Cytorrak on me. Long before you can cast the spell : "In The Name Of All-Freeing", You will be dead before you can raise a protective shield around your body, you will bead because my character will forsee it.

quote:

Time and time again I keep telling you, that magic is not my only power. Your battle strategies have all been magic! Nothing else. Magic is so vague. I have other substanial powers that will help me. I've got strength, speed, nigh invulnerability, control of all types of energy thanks to the nega bands. I've already proven I'm faster, stronger, and more powerful than your character could ever be. Oh, let's not forget about your Absorbing Man body:

quote:
Limitations: There are undefined limits to the amount of power that the Absorbing Man can absorb. He met his first defeat when he exploded upon attempting to absorb the power of the entire planet Earth.

You will explode due to major absorption of energies and as your body will try and reform, I will absorb you into my nega bands, since your remnants will be permeating with energy.

I have proven I can kill you. Easily. All you've proven is that you can entrap or imprison me. That will not work however thanks to my cosmic awareness and my pre-cog abilities working together. I will know at the beginning of the match, I've already won.

Last edited by Adam Warlock on May 10th, 2005 at 04:32 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 04:29 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Do i need supremium? no. Magic is Supremes next biggest weakness, and i have an ass load of that.

You say you will hit me with your hands?? Please, your guy will never get past my shield to touch me.

Your guy will be in a stupor via the spell of forgetfullness that you cannot resist totally, you will lose concentration due to insanity AND stupor.
Leaving me time enough with my lightspeed to wrap you in the Unbreakable Bands of Cyttorak.

Sure magic might be Supreme's other weakness, but I will have foreseen this at the start of the match. You seem to forget my body is encased in a protective shield as well. You also seem to forget that Barry wasn't the fastest Flash, and my body's natural speed combined with energy from the nega bands, puts me beyond the speed of light. I will speed blitz you. How will you cast your spells/Cytorrak bands if you've already exploded due to major energy absorption, and being absorbed into my nega bands because your remnants will be permeating energy. The only powers you have that could actually stand a chance of beating me is your magic. Unfortunately for you, they've been nullified by my speed, and my cosmic awareness/pre-cog abilities. You are dead less than a second after the match starts.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 04:44 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

C'mon people read before you vote.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 04:44 PM
dael fishd evil

My vote is for Sentry, because his points make more sense to me.

Yet another one of Jilliyun's Sigs.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 05:35 PM
dael fishd evil is currently offline Click here to Send dael fishd evil a Private Message Find more posts by dael fishd evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Thank you

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:04 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

I think people are concentrating to much on both characters magic, which clearly gives an advantage to longpig, but forgetting that Sentry has the very powerful Nega Bands coupled with from what ive heard of Supreme is over class 100 Strength and pretty much absolute invunerability... so while Longpigs defences will probably hold up against Sentry I just dont see how longpig is going to hurt Sentry, let alone K.O or kill him. Unless trapping him is good enough for a vicotry. IMHO Flash is a non factor in this match, only b/c Sentry also has interstellar flight speed which makes him as fast or faster than Flash.

By: Juk

Last edited by nimbus006 on May 10th, 2005 at 06:18 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 06:14 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I vote for no one. I don't think either of their arguments are very good.

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 07:16 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Nataku8188

Whatevers. To each their own. I think longpig did extremely well, and I think I have done an alright job for my first tournament.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:12 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Dont worry Sentry i think this Match has been debated much better than the previous one seeing as the previous one was Nataku vs Khellendros longpig and Stormfront. Anyway both Sentry and Longpig have had some really good points and stradegies although Sentry yours might of been a little to long, buts that good shows that you came prepared.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:21 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Whatevers. To each their own. I think longpig did extremely well, and I think I have done an alright job for my first tournament.>>

here, here! this is entertaining stuff. well done to both. damn, these tourney's are pretty cool. someone should organize one of these things for newbies . . . (er, unsalted . . .?)

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by leonidas
<<Whatevers. To each their own. I think longpig did extremely well, and I think I have done an alright job for my first tournament.>>

here, here! this is entertaining stuff. well done to both. damn, these tourney's are pretty cool. someone should organize one of these things for newbies . . . (er, unsalted . . .?)

True!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 08:53 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Nataku8188

Yeah, it's not a REAL debate if you don't call your opponent an idiot, right Nataku?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 10:35 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

I like the arguments and both posters have made good points and counter-points. At this point, I think I'll vote for Sentry.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by BENITO
Mr. Pig

Is this a vote??

P.S. Still walking the line here with my vote...good job guys.

P.P.S. If that quote above was a vote, it's 3-2 longpig right now. Wish I knew when this battle would be ending so I'd know when I have to vote.

Last edited by Digi on May 10th, 2005 at 10:53 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2005 10:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote