KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wish I knew when this battle would be ending so I'd know when I have to vote.

Yeah, the time is a bit inconsistent. I'm concerned about voting too early, then not being allowed to change later on.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:07 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I think voting is done when Evangel puts up the next match. She's going by pacific standard time I think, and last night she posted my match with Longpig at 8:11pm PST. So have your votes in before that. Khell your up today aren't you against....gautam?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:11 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Sentry
I think voting is done when Evangel puts up the next match. She's going by pacific standard time I think, and last night she posted my match with Longpig at 8:11pm PST. So have your votes in before that. Khell your up today aren't you against....gautam?

Yeah Khell v gautam.

I'm leaving for the night, so I have to put in my vote soon. I was hoping longpig would be back and him and Sentry would have another few posts to help me decide....oh the agony!

On a side note, there'll be a bunch of people losing votes for their matches if this keeps up. Last match a few didn't vote, and there's a lot left to go for this match.

...oh well...I'm off to re-read the first 3 pages.

-DM

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:16 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Yup. Dr. Cain Kallark. ...SOMEONE HOLD ME! ;_;

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:18 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Yeah longpig is at work, If he comes on soon and posts, I'll post. I'm sort of a counter poster.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:20 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I don't care win or lose this is fun. I'm just happy I got through without giving up or conceding. Good luck to longpig, and to Khell and gautam for tonight.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:23 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I don't care win or lose this is fun. I'm just happy I got through without giving up or conceding. Good luck to longpig, and to Khell and gautam for tonight.

I think you have the right attitude about all of this Sentry.

I have my decision...

This was hard as hell. I was planning on always voting on who mixed better character with better debating the best. Here, I think longpig takes the character part, but I actually think Sentry won the debate part of it. I had the whole "overload Absorbing Man and then absorb him into the nega bands" in mind, but when you thought of it I almost didn't want you to because it made my decision tougher.

My vote is for longpig. It came down to Strange's mind being in charge of lp's character (with Strange's powers being his biggest asset). I considered Marvel's powers and nega bands Sentry's biggest asset, and Druid wouldn't have had the mastery with them he needs to take out a Dr. Strange who can run around like a Flash. Add that to a magic advantage and the iron thing (not assured of working against Druid but it's a big "what if") and I think longpig's guy would win more often than not.

Nice job, though...both of you. And whoever wins would be fine with me, I think you're both deserving. But my vote is longpig.

-DM

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:32 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Yeah he might reform his body, but it can sometimes take a while to do so, and his character being out of the match for a few minutes is a KO.

Hmmm, this was your strategy...keep me out of the match for a few seconds to give you the win. But when I do the same, i'm a wuss? hmmmmmmmm.

quote:
Entrapments? Is that the only way you can defeat me? Putting barriers around around me to keep me from ripping you in half is a win? Strange isn't perfect, his spells have their breaking points. Is entrapment considered a win? I can bridge dimensions and trap you between two dimensions. Is that considered a win? No. Find a way to beat me!

Entrapments and spells of emotion to calm you, add this to the spell of forgetfullness and yes, it's one of the only ways to beat you.
Why would i fist fight you? It wouldn't be smart to get in a slug fest with someone who is stronger.
Dr.Strange prefers NOT to kill. He would rather keep you confined.

quote:
The Bizarre Tibetan Lama was the Ancient one, but taught him a mastery of certain mystic arts , and opened his mind to hidden powers that he always had. He is a powerful Sorcerer is in his own right. Add strength, nigh invulnerability, speed of light, and the near limitless potential of the Nega Bands, let me ask you again, how will you beat me. Entrapment? Pfftt... Tht is like teleporting me somewhere where I can't get to you. Either of us could have done that from the start.

Who are you talking about here? Supreme? you dont have his mind to control his magic.
If you're talking about druid, like i said, i've severly negated his magic to the point of worthlessness.

quote:
I have proven I can kill you. Easily. All you've proven is that you can entrap or imprison me. That will not work however thanks to my cosmic awareness and my pre-cog abilities working together. I will know at the beginning of the match, I've already won.

Pre-cog? please, if druid had pre-cog to any worthwhile degree he wouldnt have been able to be SHOT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD BY A GIRL.
And cosmic awareness isn't pre-cog, it's just a feeling of knowing something wrong is going on.

Also, you keep acting like you are going to ever touch me, you will not get through my shield, ever. It's taken more punishment before than you could ever dish out. You have to touch me for me to absorb all of the energy from your nega bands and explode, but you never will touch me. I come into the fight with my shield up. I even can put up a triple shield of defense just to be sure.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:52 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I considered Marvel's powers and nega bands Sentry's biggest asset, and Druid wouldn't have had the mastery with them he needs to take out a Dr. Strange who can run around like a Flash."

The original Captian marvel took years and years to learn how to do the things Sentry is trying to do. Druid would have no CLUE how to do these things. Druid being insane and in a new body, it's going to be hard to learn a new skill that youve never experienced before.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:56 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah longpig is at work, If he comes on soon and posts, I'll post. I'm sort of a counter poster.

I'm a counter debater too, I think thats why we keep going in circles lol.

multiple posts...sorry.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:59 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Druid's other ancestrally derived knowledge is that of astrology. By a mystic awareness of the stars' and planets' positions, Druid has limited precognitive insights as well as a sensitivity to the balance of mystic forces. He can sense the presence of recent use of all forms of magic (even those he cannot employ) and trace them to their source.

quote:
What's this "cosmic awareness" stuff?
Basically it's an ability that allows Genis to see probable and actual outcomes in the future.

quote:
Hmmm... With these two powers working together, I don't see any chance of you getting the jump on me or saying that you'll entrap me, do this to me. I will already know what you will do. Now add the fact that my body has Supreme's speed already, with the energy from the nega bands it will increase my speed even further beyond the speed of light, faster than Barry will ever go. I blitz you with an all out telepathic assault(like getting whacked with a baseball bat to the brain), simultaneously blasting you with energy from my nega bands and rays of heat vision from my eyes before you can think of a spell. You will be dead long before you can use the Bands of Cytorrak on me. Long before you can cast the spell : "In The Name Of All-Freeing", You will be dead before you can raise a protective shield around your body, you will bead because my character will forsee it.

quote:
P.S As with any magic, these spells can be broken or nullified, but you have to be at least on par or above the caster of the original spell, and Druid simply is not on Strange level of magic, never has been never will be.

quote:
Time and time again I keep telling you, that magic is not my only power. Your battle strategies have all been magic! Nothing else. Magic is so vague. I have other substanial powers that will help me. I've got strength, speed, nigh invulnerability, control of all types of energy thanks to the nega bands. I've already proven I'm faster, stronger, and more powerful than your character could ever be. Oh, let's not forget about your Absorbing Man body

quote:
Limitations: There are undefined limits to the amount of power that the Absorbing Man can absorb. He met his first defeat when he exploded upon attempting to absorb the power of the entire planet Earth.

quote:
You will explode due to major absorption of energies and as your body will try and reform, I will absorb you into my nega bands, since your remnants will be permeating with energy. I have proven I can kill you. Easily. All you've proven is that you can entrap or imprison me. That will not work however thanks to my cosmic awareness and my pre-cog abilities working together. I will know at the beginning of the match, I've already won.

This was my main strategy. In reality, this would have been over less than a second after the match starts. Your movement is too slow, you will be blitzed by my speed.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:00 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Strange is not invincible. Their have been times that he was caught with his shield down. This will be no exception. You will think you have a speed advantage when it's the exact opposite.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:05 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your speed is only a tad above mine, I come into this fight with my shield up. Nothing it getting through. Speed blitz or not.

Triple Shield of Defense is THREE times stronger than the shield SS and Hulk and Gladiator has tried and failed to break before.

That would have worked perfect if I had normal speed or a less durable body and no shield.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:06 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange is not invincible. Their have been times that he was caught with his shield down. This will be no exception. You will think you have a speed advantage when it's the exact opposite.

When has Strange's shield ever went down accidently? never.
His shield goes down when he wants it to. Maybe you're talking about his shield being down and someone catching him off gaurd, that has happend. But I dont intend on ever taking my shield down the entire match.
Your speed advantage isn't that great. It's enough to win if I played this fight less smart and tried to fist fight you, but thats the exact reason i won't do that.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:11 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote:
Captain Marvel was able to generate a hole between the Negative Zone and the real universe. It kept whatever was trapped within the aperture in a stasis field between the two dimensions. If it was a person, they would be unable to move, but could talk and listen.

I can kill you a few different ways. All you can do is imprison or entrap me since you can do nothing to hurt me. If you can imprison me, I will create a spatial aperture and trap you between them, and it will take you a while to get out giving me the win. Of course I'll do it to you first, since I'm faster.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:13 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Captain Marvel was able to generate a hole between the Negative Zone and the real universe. It kept whatever was trapped within the aperture in a stasis field between the two dimensions. If it was a person, they would be unable to move, but could talk and listen.

Do you really think Druid would have enough time to learn this in 2 hours??
C'mon now. I'm sure Druid could learn how to use them a little, charging and firing blasts, but that is a technique that Cap took years to learn. Cap STILL isnt totally secure in using his nega bands, he is still in training, and it been years now.

I'm trying to do thing that are easy to learn in 2 hours, I haven't tried to turn my body into magical energy yet because it takes time to learn.
Druid can not learn something THAT complicated in 2 hours.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:17 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, I think my biggest point was this:

I don't have to defeat your body to win, I only have to defeat your mind.
Your mind is weaker than mine. Druid wasn't anything special, he was good at what he did but Strange outclassed him in everything.
I didn't even bother going after a physical K.O or trying to harm your body what-so-ever, I only intended to fight your mind, it's the weakest thing on you.
Your body is only as strong as your mind and Druids mind is easily taken down by a master telepathic assualt(via eye of aggaroth) and magic spells of high order.

Call me cheap or whatever, but there was a reason I argued fighting against Rob's supreme's body. I can't hurt his body, but i can dominate the mind controlling his body.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:51 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I mean come on, Xavier's a freaking crapple and he could beat the crap out of most other mutants (I said most, don't bring up Phoenix or Franklin on me)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:58 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Dominating my mind? How? You have all these spells and items, but when will you have time to use them? You will be dead less than a second after the match starts. Supreme's speed is near light, with a little energy from the nega bands puts me beyond it. Sure you can run up to the speed of light, but my speed transcends light. You will be killed via fatal absorption of energies thanks to the sheer magnitude of blasts you receive before you can put your shield up. Force thoughts into your head before you can utter the spell In the name of all-freeing, and you assume you have won, you will lower your shield leaving you vulnerable and thus I will rip you apart or inject a fatal dose of energies into you. Really, your other two character's are useless against me. It's Dr. Strange VS. Dr. Ethan Vell : Supreme, Doctor Druid, and Genis Vell. You lose. smile

Old Post May 11th, 2005 02:04 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not lowering any shield, ever. Steve wouldn't either.

Don't assume what you think I will assume to win a fight, thats logically impaired thinking, oh wait, Druid is insane.......no wonder he'd think that way.

Your speed isn't going to help against a triple shield.

quote:
It's Dr. Strange VS. Dr. Ethan Vell : Supreme, Doctor Druid, and Genis Vell. You lose.

Actually Druid is basically out of this fight. His powers will hardly work on me.
Druid mind will fall to my superior mind and he will fall prey to any spell i conjure, then his body will follow.

So in truth it's Supreme/genis vs flash/strange/absorbing man
When your mind is dead or utterly confused, your body is just meat.

You keep side stepping that Druid is evil, and if i wanted to kill your mind, all i need is the lights of nirvalon spell and it will make you brain dead. Evil mind=Evil body.
But following the rules makes me say Strange wouldn't do that unless he felt like his foe was a dangerous threat, and I don't believe you are.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 11th, 2005 02:16 AM